Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am giving up on it for now. Its impossible. Cant get on any of my servers. In a queue for 2 hours now and i am still behind 800 people. And when I will log in, it will be impossible to play anyway due to lag.
    I am not really moaning and I was expecting it. Ill just give it a shot during next week instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Servers are slightly more stable. If you do get on don't go near your garrison. Its freezing and kicking people off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Thank god I read this thread, think I'm going to hold off purchasing the game/re-sub'ing, I always wait for a week or two but based on how it's going for this expansion I might well wait till after Christmas to purchase it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I haven't even gotten on yet xD I purchased a boost for my paladin on Thursday (day of release I know, but Thursday is payday :L), It took till just now to finally boost the character and there is a 4k queue for silvermoon and when I do get on im afk and get kicked by the time I noticed xD

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got in around 10am this morning, and had no issues till i logged off at 1pm. Garrisons briefly weren't available, but other then that it was grand.

I have to say, once you get in, it's damn good. The questing is excellent, and i was having a blast with it. Really looking forward to getting stuck in again tomorrow. Can't play tonight, but i probably wouldn't be able to anyway with the inevitable queues.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I got in around 10am this morning, and had no issues till i logged off at 1pm. Garrisons briefly weren't available, but other then that it was grand.

I have to say, once you get in, it's damn good. The questing is excellent, and i was having a blast with it. Really looking forward to getting stuck in again tomorrow. Can't play tonight, but i probably wouldn't be able to anyway with the inevitable queues.

I've gotten to 93 and I have to say its the best WoW expansion I've ever played. When it's working that is. Theres just so much to do and the little side quests and events are such a treat. Garissons are a great distraction and serve as a hub in the form of outposts in other zones.

If you are thinking about coming back this expansion will rake you straight back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Questing is a blast. The lag, not so much.

Hopefully they sort Garrisons soon as I really enjoy using them when they're available, plus I find not being able to get to my Work Orders is slowing down my professions.

Update!

As of 4:30pm, Tarren Mill is lag free! (yay!) but the instance servers (Garrisons, special quests etc.) are completely knackered. (boo!)

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Update!

As of 4:30pm, Tarren Mill is lag free! (yay!) but the instance servers (Garrisons, special quests etc.) are completely knackered. (boo!)

Argent dawn has a queue of 3500. Yay...

Have an hour to spare, so figured i'd try login for a bit.

Haha, yeah right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

i played on raven crets and storm scale before wod so they prob have like 5 - 10 k peeps in qs ha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Due to Draenor being able to transfer to terenas/emerald dream, we now get queues. :( Booo Urrrnnssss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Anyone on Outland (Alliance) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Something we all deserve...

jTtkrgt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i guess i shall wait a few weeks before i get this xpack then, had a blast when i went back a 3 months ago.

Garrisons are brilliant. Really well done feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 colinmac

Kiith wrote: »
    Garrisons are brilliant. Really well done feature.

when they work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Shadowmoon Valley is great, although I found Gorgrond to be typical classic wow. I picked the sparring ring instead of the lumber mill so maybe the lumber mill quest line is better. I can barely remember what I did there it had so little bearing on the story.

Shadowmoon Valley is great, although I found Gorgrond to be typical classic wow. I picked the sparring ring instead of the lumber mill so maybe the lumber mill quest line is better. I can barely remember what I did there it had so little bearing on the story.

Sparring ring is more focused on PVP. The lumber mill gives you a massive harvester that can briefly fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Shattered hand has queues but no lag.

Glad I got it. If there is anyone else like me who hadnt played in years, get off the fence and get it. Its has that classic wow feeling except better quests and every class has had a major redesign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I found myself doing a revenge quest for a father and daughter yesterday, ended up learning one of my garrison skills. Didnt expect it and the quest was quite cool.

Ok its frustrating with queues but the depth is there, the game is so cool and some parts look amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I actually cant play, 6-7 hour ques and no free character migration, what the **** are they playing at? entering the 5th day of release and they have done nothing to alleviate the bullshit :confused:

Id say the games been on about 30 hours since wednesday and ive got to play for an hour and a half, the rest is que times and lag... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

nix wrote: »
    I actually cant play, 6-7 hour ques and no free character migration, what the **** are they playing at? entering the 5th day of release and they have done nothing to alleviate the bullshit :confused:

Id say the games been on about 30 hours since wednesday and ive got to play for an hour and a half, the rest is que times and lag... :eek:

im the same lol, havent been able to log in since launch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Logged off at 11am to go get something done and came back before 12 and there were 2500 in the queue with a 96 minute wait....:(

Dermighty wrote: »
    Logged off at 11am to go get something done and came back before 12 and there were 2500 in the queue with a 96 minute wait....:(

A classic mistake!

Ding 100 btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Talador is a lot better than Gorgrond. I do miss how dungeons in mists were brought into the story. Now they are just there with NPCs you have seen before and no idea how they got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

MagicIRL wrote: »
    A classic mistake!

Ding 100 btw.
    Congrats
    Talador is a lot better than Gorgrond. I do miss how dungeons in mists were brought into the story. Now they are just there with NPCs you have seen before and no idea how they got there.

Well the dungeons in mop were not updated for the whole expansion, they became pretty meaningless in the end. I don't mind they aren't linked there is enough content outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

What do you guys/gals think of the new animations/models. Have they affected your enjoyment of the game at all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Game was lag free pretty much after their mid day maintenance yesterday. Took full advantage of it and crammed doing everything in Frostfire Ridge before bailing that zone into Gorgrond! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Lone Stone wrote: »
    What do you guys/gals think of the new animations/models. Have they affected your enjoyment of the game at all ?

Overrated tbh ,makes no difference to my enjoyment of the game.
    They were introduced in the last patch before WOD and i noticed them for like 5 minutes.
    Expansion is a lot of fun so far.

Advertisement