Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Played UBRS on the beta with some guildies. Very enjoyable. Healing is a real pain as a Resto Shaman though. Feels like everything is so weak, and with all the moving around, Healing Rain and Chain heal are becoming less effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

6.0 next week, get all the stuff you need done completed by then or you wont be doing it again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've hit levelling fatigue, and just can't bring myself to get another character up from scratch right now, so i'll use my lvl90 boost this week. Spend the week getting whatever profession up to max, and earn some gold.

Just reading some of the changes in 6.0 for the first time, and there are some massive changes in there. Didn't realise they were reducing the damage across the board, as well as lowering enemy health. I like that though, as numbers were getting insane. Looks like Inscription is getting a massive nerf as well, with Major Glyphs being learnt automatically when levelling.

Tradeskill materials stacking to 200 is the thing i'm happiest about :P

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

prepatch is hitting soon. Dunno if i should re sub to play it

Also, you get multiple Garrisons? Sweet. I see myself spending a lot of time of these :)

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I've hit levelling fatigue, and just can't bring myself to get another character up from scratch right now, so i'll use my lvl90 boost this week. Spend the week getting whatever profession up to max, and earn some gold.

Just reading some of the changes in 6.0 for the first time, and there are some massive changes in there. Didn't realise they were reducing the damage across the board, as well as lowering enemy health. I like that though, as numbers were getting insane. Looks like Inscription is getting a massive nerf as well, with Major Glyphs being learnt automatically when levelling.

Tradeskill materials stacking to 200 is the thing i'm happiest about :P

Yah huge changes coming, the stat squish, inscription didnt get a nerf all professions have been rejigged, reforging is gone now.

The stat squish will not impact old school raiding as the old content has been brought in line to keep us just as powerful.

Healing and spell casting has been changed so you cant cast and move, allot of instant casts are going, however they have removed allot of crowd control.

Finally the changes i really like is the adaptive gear which changes depending on your spec ect (main pieces not weapons ect). Also adaptive for style of play, so if your pve doing pvp in open world you cant crush someone easily.

Also, you get multiple Garrisons? Sweet. I see myself spending a lot of time of these :)

What do you mean by multiple, multiple by char or multiple by account?

Apparently, you get a garrison in each zone in Draenor. Each garrison then provides you with quests and buffs for that specific zone. So summon a Ogre bodyguard in one zone, or artillery strikes in the next, depending on what buildings you build in each zone.

Or is is you can build it in any zone, but only allowed one...hmm, let me check that. Wow Insider said multiple, but now i'm not so sure.

I was under the impression you put it in one place and built it from a small place to large.

Yeah, multiple garrisons. Just read the main Blizzard preview that while your main fortress will be in Shadowmoon (Alliance) or Frostfire Ridge (Horde), you will build garrisons in Gorgrond, Talador, Nagrand and Spies of Arak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Tempted to resub.. No time for this at the moment.. Somebody stop me please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Leveling last few nights on my hunter ,lvl 42 now.
    Once i hit 60 ill probably use my 90 boost on him,then ill only have warrior left to hit 90,oh and a pala which is 80.
    Seems to be a lot of people leveling alts right now as im getting fast pop of LFG even as dps class.
    People saying get stuff done before next weeks patch, id like to get some decent mounts.
    Any tips on relatively easy ones to get between now and patch?

Yeah, multiple garrisons. Just read the main Blizzard preview that while your main fortress will be in Shadowmoon (Alliance) or Frostfire Ridge (Horde), you will build garrisons in Gorgrond, Talador, Nagrand and Spies of Arak.

Makes sense I plan on doing it all on my hunter, the gara tame looks brilliant.

I am rushing to chane profs to lw for the new mount

Dcully wrote: »
    Leveling last few nights on my hunter ,lvl 42 now.
    Once i hit 60 ill probably use my 90 boost on him,then ill only have warrior left to hit 90,oh and a pala which is 80.
    Seems to be a lot of people leveling alts right now as im getting fast pop of LFG even as dps class.
    People saying get stuff done before next weeks patch, id like to get some decent mounts.
    Any tips on relatively easy ones to get between now and patch?

The thing you want done really is like of proving grounds, challenge modes and normal raiding.

Allot of the old school stuff bar UBRS and Razorfen are changing, there is a spectral boar in razorfen i would suggest hunters get before its gone.

People leveling alts could be leveling new mains due to how the changes have impacted their old class.

Mounts can take a bit of time but some doable ones, you can get the world spinner disc in a couple of hours, if you have a level 90 you can farm bones on the white bone raptor, if you play heartstone and havent got that mount you just need to win 3 games.

Anything in particular you like mount wise?

There's no mounts that won't be available after 6.0 though, is there? Bar maybe some high end raiding ones?

There's no mounts that won't be available after 6.0 though, is there? Bar maybe some high end raiding ones?

Not that up am aware of at this time , only callout I have is heirlooms will be gone from Wednesday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Calhoun wrote: »
    The thing you want done really is like of proving grounds, challenge modes and normal raiding.

Allot of the old school stuff bar UBRS and Razorfen are changing, there is a spectral bore in razorfen i would suggest hunters get before its gone.

People leveling alts could be leveling new mains due to how the changes have impacted their old class.

Mounts can take a bit of time but some doable ones, you can get the world spinner disc in a couple of hours, if you have a level 90 you can farm bones on the white bone raptor, if you play heartstone and havent got that mount you just need to win 3 games.

Anything in particular you like mount wise?

No particular mount, but all i have is the culling of strath flying dragon yoke and the panda flying dragon thing.
    I think i have the flying disc one.
    I must play heartstone to get that mount.

Dcully wrote: »
    No particular mount, but all i have is the culling of strath flying dragon yoke and the panda flying dragon thing.
    I think i have the flying disc one.
    I must play heartstone to get that mount.

Im currently on 167 mounts, there is so much old mounts you can collect over the next expac, from argent tournament, to netherdrakes ect.

I generally pick one or two mount i want to do and tip away on the daily.

One of the better mounts from MOP is the fishing one, the water strider.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Not that up am aware of at this time , only callout I have is heirlooms will be gone from Wednesday.

which? garrosh ones are getting removed until xpac release.

jabberwock wrote: »
    which? garrosh ones are getting removed until xpac release.

No everything else, they are removing all the vendors for old heirloom gear and all the vendors for northrend badges.

So if you need anything buy it now.

• Advertisement

No everything else, they are removing all the vendors for old heirloom gear and all the vendors for northrend badges.

So if you need anything buy it now.

and putting gold prices on them, gear that is.

Dunno if they are, they are planning on creating some new currency for them or some crap.

Dunno if they are, they are planning on creating some new currency for them or some crap.

it's prep for the heirloom inventory pane. heirlooms are getting a gold value in the mean time.

They will be gone until WOD though wont they?

They will be gone until WOD though wont they?

Yes and no it seems. They seesawed a fair bit so I'm a bit off. :/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14420192331

JP out for a time but all others still in.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

What kind of preparation is everyone doing for the new expansion? I'm currently looking to max as many professions as I can to maximize earnings in the first week or two of the expansion, I always hear the stories of someone who gets a new recipe and makes thousands of gold.

jabberwock wrote: »
    Yes and no it seems. They seesawed a fair bit so I'm a bit off. :/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14420192331

JP out for a time but all others still in.

Yah i am the same, conflicting reports but i dont need anything so dont realy care.
    Xyo wrote: »
    What kind of preparation is everyone doing for the new expansion? I'm currently looking to max as many professions as I can to maximize earnings in the first week or two of the expansion, I always hear the stories of someone who gets a new recipe and makes thousands of gold.

I am currently capping professions on my mains, swapped alchemy on the hunter for LW as i want the new mount as it will go well with the new hunter taming quest line gara.

Finishing up last few MOP reputation mounts ect, cleaned out my pet stable so i have room for new pets (i am going to get Chimeron as he was a pain in the ass when i raided), need to pick a main healer and get it geared, need to get setup for leveling ect.

Lots to do and in between the expansion release we will have pre-patch which has some new content i want to do.

Used my lvl90 boost last night, and made myself a Troll Druid. God i love the instant form changes, and herbing without having to dismount is a godsend. Will spend the next few days levelling up my professions, but i don't think it'll take very long.

• Advertisement

Used my lvl90 boost last night, and made myself a Troll Druid. God i love the instant form changes, and herbing without having to dismount is a godsend. Will spend the next few days levelling up my professions, but i don't think it'll take very long.

No shouldn't take to long , with changes in wod you be covered anyway as new gathering means you can gather from anything your level depends on what you get .

Advertisement