Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Slam of Darts 2013

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

i think so too but u wouldn't think that if u listened to wade there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Decent performance from Wade in the end. Taylor v Lewis has the potential to be a classic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

After 2 weeks ago wade had a point to prove against Taylor and after a horrific first 10 legs or so put up a very good display.

Similar with Gary Anderson last thursday.He's in danger of falling down the PDC rankings so needs a good run to keep his darting career going.

Too often many players go up there against phil and are a beaten docket beforehand.Go up there, get a hiding and sign the board after.

If a top player's back is to the wall they have a fighting chance against him.

Lewis doesnt have those worries but he has been terribly inconsistent since those world titles.Maybe that could be his motive to win tomorrow.

The smart moneys still on Taylor but there are signs that he's not at his best this week.Be interesting to see how the afternoon game tomorrow goes for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭briany

KevIRL wrote: »
    Decent performance from Wade in the end. Taylor v Lewis has the potential to be a classic

If they're both up for it, it'll be a great high scoring match but I'd still have Taylor to take it due to his greater focus and stamina. 16 - 11 to Taylor, I'd say. Lewis will play well but fall down at crucial times, making the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Lewis is playing the best and most consistent darts ive seen him play in two years if not ever.

Tomorrow is the day he mangles Taylor on tv!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

taylor is rarely ever under pressure on the oche, real pressure..he's just like the rest when he is..he misses doubles.. he cruises through 95% of his matches because he has no pressure on.

we have seen what he's like when things arent goin his way .. hopefully we will see more of it this evenin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good game so far between Thornton and Waites. Waites had a poor start but fought back well. Thornton has just pulled ahead again though and looks like he is going to take it.

Loads of 180's so far with Waites missing the D12 for a 9 darter.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Lewis is playing the best and most consistent darts ive seen him play in two years if not ever.

Tomorrow is the day he mangles Taylor on tv!!!!

Hopefully.

In terms of talent it really is Taylor, then Van Gerwen and Lewis, and then the rest. Barney had it and lost it, Anderson has dipped into it, Wade can bridge the gap to those two now and again, the Whitlocks and Thorntons and Waites are great players but not at the very top table. But Lewis really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Great match so far between Taylor and Lewis.

Momentum swinging over and back. Great darts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The standard is incredible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Incredible darts.

Pity the final is on so early in the day..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Taylor with a 167 finish! Some of the best darts I've ever seen.

What is going on? We will never see a match like this again. Unbelievable stuff.

I wonder what Thornton is thinking right now

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭leoch

Dr brown nose mardle will be hard to listen too at the end of this game I think Lewis was joking and playing about with Taylor too much great game but

I think I prefer a bit of needle over pally pally winking and hugging.

But some standards hit in that match.

I agree, Lewis needed a bit more bite and agression in his game there and he could have done better. I think Taylor made it so friendly on purpose.

I like the players who are edgier, Painter, Hankey etc.

But in fairness to Taylor and Lewis, that was an awesome display of ability. I'm being petty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Hopefully Thornton is up to the task and at the very least it will be a competitive final. I don't mean to write him off but with Taylor that's all you can hope for sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Thornton a bag of nerves on the doubles. He had 9 darts to break Taylor's throw in the first leg. If he has any aspirations of winning he has to take those chances.

• Advertisement

Awful start and very ominous signs for Thornton

• Registered Users Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

awful by thornton, he is all over the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Taylor 5-0 up. Goodnight Irene.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

very anti-climactic.

As someone already said, the final took place earlier on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

That Lewis Taylor game was the greatest standard of darts ever seen.

32 180s, 32!!!
    Mental carry on, to average 110 and get beaten is nuts.

Taylor hit the big finishes at the right time, was good to see Lewis play his very best vs him though.
    Taylor was such a snake keeping it friendly and practicing together before it, Adrian is too nice for his own good sometimes.

Advertisement