Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Slam of Darts 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Some finish by Wade to win that match earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭briany

DuckHook wrote: »
    Interesting game now with brothers..funny thing if I was up there playing my own bro i would want to hammer him so I could lord it over him for the rest of our days.

Maybe the Huybrechts are the same but they just want to keep it cool on the stage. If Ronny gets beat, he'll be fighting every urge to give Kim a very public Chinese burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭leoch

Here we go now Taylors usual vomit and then dr mardle ****e just fcuk up and bring Lewis and mvg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

leoch wrote: »
    Here we go now Taylors usual vomit and then dr mardle ****e just fcuk up and bring Lewis and mvg

Was that a post match interview or a lecture by Taylor?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

Anderson on fire 104 average.. and got a tonking... taylor is different gravy(unfortunately).. may as well give him the trophy now.. no 1 seems able to match him or anywhere close lately..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

You know those guess the player things they have at the ad breaks, any guesses on what the one is where the three triangles which look like they are made of playing cards float upwards and form a shirt?

I can't quite make it out, are they all Kings so could it be Mervyn 'The King' King?

The others are all obvious enough, just can't work that one out for certain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Brilliant game this

• Registered Users Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

some win by lewis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Always great when those two play, their pace compliments each other perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭leoch

Brilliant darts ....q Dr brown nose mardle

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great game as usual between those two. Lewis always looked the more likely though as he was outscoring MvG throughout the entire match. He seems to have the upper hand lately.

MvG seems to be ever so slightly off form going into the Worlds which must be a worry for him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

What a fabulous game that was! Great to see Lewis firing on all cylinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Anderson was pretty unlucky, couple of little things here and there and it could have been a different story.
    Anderson looks to be getting back to his best though, I blame the stupid shirts,good to see him back in black.
    If the draw is kind to him in the Worlds he could have a good run, on song hes top 4 in the world.

Jackpot was sublime, love to see him give Taylor a tonking in the Semis.
    Kim H played very nicely tonight though and wont be a gimme.
    Wade must be sick of the sight of Taylor after getting mangled in the Grand Prix and the master, it will be more of the same.

Is it just me or does Wayne Mardle look like Quagmire from family guy? giggity giggity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

great to see anderson back to form, if he was the other side of the draw he would make final

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

gramar wrote: »
    Is it just me or does Wayne Mardle look like Quagmire from family guy? giggity giggity

mardle is awful... crawls up the players asses and repeats himself constantly.

DuckHook wrote: »
    mardle is awful... crawls up the players asses and repeats himself constantly.

he's not too bad in the commentary box but he's very poor interviewing the players after. He has no composure and gushes over them like a kid on christmas morning.

gramar wrote: »
    he's not too bad in the commentary box but he's very poor interviewing the players after. He has no composure and gushes over them like a kid on christmas morning.

Mardle's only doing what Sky ask of him, I suppose. It's sad how Sky try to quash all controversial leanings or independence of thought in their pundits. It's boring, too. The only good thing is that whenever they let Bristow on camera, he still forgets the script every now and then, saying whatever he feels like. That might be part of the reason why he's never become a top personality on TV. Mardle, on the other hand, will be laughing loud and long at Taylor's jokes for years to come and have a very weird platonic hand-holding relationship with Smiley Dave.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm only after realising that there are only two Quarter Finals on tonight with the second two on tomorrow night. That must mean there is an afternoon session on Sunday.

I think the two BDO boys will get through tonight against Thornton and Hankey.

Much and all as I like to see Waites do well in this one, there is just something about seeing Hankey back, that scowl, that wonderful throwing action...even if he doesn't get ranking points for this, I'm sure the money would come in handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Waites giving Hankey a bit of a going over, Ted is doing too much shouting and he's forgotten about the darts.

Miracle needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Hankey is great entertainment. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭jonnygiles

Well many may call it entertainment but I am glad to see the back of Hankey, yelling like a madman when he hits a 180 nevermind winning a leg. The Michael Van Gerwen Lewis match showed what darts is all about not Hankey's negative tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Nothing to scare tomorrow's players from tonight's games really.

Thornton should beat Waites in the semi if he holds his nerve.

Lewis Taylor is the game we all want to see and would effectively be the final.

It has been confirmed that the 2015 Grand Slam will be a ranking tournament. Obviously this means that a change in the qualifying process was needed which has also been confirmed. Here is how the new qualification process will work:

http://www.live-darts.com/category/Darts-News/Grand-Slam-ranking-event-plans-201311160002/

jonnygiles wrote: »
    Well many may call it entertainment but I am glad to see the back of Hankey, yelling like a madman when he hits a 180 nevermind winning a leg. The Michael Van Gerwen Lewis match showed what darts is all about not Hankey's negative tactics

Hankey knew that he wouldn't be able to match Waites on the board, so all he really had left was his gamesmanship. It was even working for him a little bit in the opening period of the match, but it became a bit forced as the game went on and once Waites started mocking it, almost, you knew it was over. It's one of those things that Hankey can do which, if it comes off, looks like a smart thing, but the most childish antics if it falls flat. Most players are unlikely to be too badly affected so Ted'll have to work up another gimmick called 'playing consistently good darts'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Colin Osbourne has just popped into my pub for a pint, he's playing an exhibition nearby. Seems like a nice fella!

Lewis keeps giving Huybrechts chances but Kim keeps missing them. This match could be a lot closer but Huybrechts is running out of legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

belgian is one to watch for sure, lewis just playing too well... also that advert for the world champs with taylor saying "im back for 17" and the other players with their head in their hands..

fckin cringeworthy stuff .. if i were a player id never bow to taylor,he loves being king

• Advertisement

Lewis wins 16-11.

I think Taylor will hammer Wade in the next one. 16-6 or so.

Advertisement