Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tanks you have unlocked but not bought

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I think it was taken down Monday. When it was down last week, it was probably for the CT3 update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

copeyhagen wrote: »
    yeh i seen that. but is the test server open to anyone that wants to try the new tnaks or inv only or what?

The test server is open to everyone a few weeks before a patch. You just need to download it...or something.
    Any questions about it, Spear knows all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Aenaes wrote: »
    The test server is open to everyone a few weeks before a patch. You just need to download it...or something.
    Any questions about it, Spear knows all about it.

Anyone can download it before the patch, it's a separate install of World of Tanks, you get a ton of gold and free xp to unlock the tanks you want. It is taken down before the patch goes live.

It's normally fairly annoying because almost all games are Tier 10 matches consisting almost totally of whatever new Tier 10 is being introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

thanks lads. will use it next time its open to try some of the current tier 10s im thinking of

was grinding towards t110e4. Had the smaller gun on the t30, it has good pen and about 450 alpha damage.. after reading all the reviews I was gonna just use that gun and grind the tier 10. But now im thinking I might not buy that tier 10, so last night I unlocked the susp, and for some reason the tier 10gun was unlocked but not bought! I didn’t unlock it, and its unique to that tank, but I thought happy days! It costs 55k xp to unlock, so I don’t know how I unlocked it!! But its useless! I played two games with it, shot maybe 6 shells and haven’t even hit a target yet! I read the reviews of it so I knew it was hit and miss. Dmg is 750 average, 280 pen, but it’s a 20second reload.

Now I will need to play a good few games with it but that’s an awful record, 6shots, no hits, nevermind pens! Compared to the bl10 its garbage so far!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

Hey Copey, the 155mm gun is quite troll and will give you games of frustration and joy in equal measure. I don't have an E4 myself but every time there's a test server up, I go get one as I do find it an enjoyable tank. It's like an E5 on steroids!

Try using APCR and HEAT in equal quantities as you ammo loadout and where possible be clever with what shell you use and it makes a lot more sense as a tank.

Crew skills make a huge difference too, are you running her with a good crew?

yeah crew are on third skill at the moment. will take a few games to get a good feel for the gun alright.

vertical stab would be nice to reduce the load time by 10%, think i have camo net and vents at moment only.

Cool, are you using BIA as the first skill? I only ask as, as soon as I get the third skill I put BIA in as the first skill and some people maintain (DezGamez on Youtube) say you should wait for the 4th skill.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Drweavil wrote: »
    Cool, are you using BIA as the first skill? I only ask as, as soon as I get the third skill I put BIA in as the first skill and some people maintain (DezGamez on Youtube) say you should wait for the 4th skill.
    Well on a 20s reload BIA takes you down to 19.56s so I'm a recent convert to the idea that BIA is not really worth it (it's 5% crew skill but the actual effect is 2.2%). BIA don't work on time between in clips either but purely on the magazine (i.e. Waffenträgger has 2s between shells and you can't reduce that; you only reduce time on the full magazine reload). Even on a 60s reload you're taking a 1.38s saving :(

Hence I'd place it at third at best (sixth sense / other crew skill, repair, first slot for BIA if you don't want/need second skill or camo)

like nody, i normally go repair till second skill is 50ish, then drop repair for sixth sense/repair, then do the same thing on the third skill and go for bia

• Advertisement

You don't rate the increase in view range, decrease in aim time and all that? Interesting... although I suppose it depends on the tank...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Drweavil wrote: »
    You don't rate the increase in view range, decrease in aim time and all that? Interesting... although I suppose it depends on the tank...
    View range I got sorted with coated optics (or Bino if I'm a sit in the bush tank), aim time improvement is neglible. If it normally takes 7s (usually you're far less then that) it goes down to 6.846s; you're not going to notice the difference and the moment one of your crew die you lose the benefit (i.e. I only ressurect loader and gunner, sometimes driver but would never want to waste it on the radio operator).

Advertisement