Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tanks you have unlocked but not bought

Options
  • 04-11-2013 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

thought this might be a useful thread for people to discuss tanks that they have unlocked but not bought due to nerfs or changes etc.

one tank i have unlocked but never bought was the lorraine 40t.. it gets such awful player comments that i always bought a different tank i had unlocked as a preference. but now, the 1390 is so **** against similar light tier 8 tanks that i am tempted to save the 3.5 million and buy the lorraine..

anyone used it? is it fun at all? you dont see many of them in game anymore.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm almost that way on the French tanks. I've unlocked and bought them, but won't play them. I could do fine with the US auto-loaders, but me and the French ones just don't mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

its kinda like that for me too, every time i say im gonna sell the 1390 i have one last game and get 4 or 5 kills with it and love it.. then have 7 or 8 crap games with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Never bought or played a game in the Lorraine; at the time T9 was the cap for mediums and a certain player was talking about leaving the clan / logging off with our only Batchat less then an hour before CW (it was a month or so after release of the line as I recall) and we needed one so I free exped from the 13-90 to Batchat and bought the Batchat to have it available.

Same thing with the Ferdi except I went with the Jagdpanter2 (which I loved) and unlocked everything on JP2 (which unlocked everything except tracks on the Ferdi) and free exped the Ferdi to elite it as it was rumored at the time the Ferdi would branch off to the new German TD tree (which was false as it turned out).

I've also got a ton of Tier 2 - tier 6 I've skipped over using free exp in the grind simply because I can't move the crew over (don't get 10% experience) anyway so why bother (esp. arty lines to make sure they got HE which was tier 5) :P

theres still seems to be a lot of batchats in game, just rarely see any lorries.

i went and sold my tier 9 patton last night.. played it the least of my 14 or 15 tanks, and i had a sh1t win rate in it, only 43%, so i thought fook it, im about to unlock t44 and enjoying the russian meds, so the t54 seems a much much better tank.

gonna play my lowe a bit for creds, and go and buy the lorraine, see what its like..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Lorraine is not a bad tank, gets alot of undeserved criticism I think. You're bigger than an AMX and less agile, harder to hide and harder to run away so it's more difficult to master.

You're also driving a tier 9 medium, not a tier 7 or 8 light tank. 13/75, 13/90 rushes in spots a few tanks, deals 500 damage and then gets destroyed? No big deal.
    Do the same in a Lorraine and not only will you be annoyed with your own performance, your teammates also might be flaming you.

At the start of every battle, your speed is almost a liabililty. You will be faster than most other tanks but don't be tempted to reach a position far away. Most likely you will be not be supported and unable to hold it by yourself instead being swarmed and destroyed.

Your mobility is an asset in the second-half of the battle when you can relocate or rush a damaged, isolated enemy.

My stats in the Lorraine aren't good but I learned the hard way and towards the end I was having some great battles with it.

At the start of every battle your aim should be to find a good sniping position and try to fire off two drums of ammo before advancing dangerously into enemy territory.

• Advertisement

some good points there, i done a bit more reading on the forums and its getting some buffs in the enxt patch, including the supposedly awful turret depression!

so, i have the credits there now to buy it, i have the free xp to get the gun to start with, so i think i will wait till its buffed to buy it...

couldnt find any official patch notes mentioning the buffs though...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's far too early for patch notes, it won't be out until late December.

would explain why i cant find them alright :D

bit the bullet and bought it last night, used free xp on susp and gun.. used my 1390 crew and put camo net and the ammo rack durability attachments.

i like it! packs a good punch, fast, not too un manouverable as is, i have a feeling it will be way better when its buffed...

i would imagine it was great fun to play at tier 8!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

So far I've unlocked but not yet bought: T10 = E-100, Obj. 140/430, AMX 50B, ehhh there's another that escapes me in that list too, can't for the life of me remember (at work). And a truck load of T7's and 8's.

I'm really just playing light tanks at T5-8 atm and enjoying the challenge. Might get a 50B next, I've had quite a few games on it on the test servers and it's so much better than the AMX 50 120. Had a 5k damage game in it the other night, but that was on the test server so it really doesn't count.

• Advertisement

since this thread i unlocked the batchat.. really loved the lorry, it suited me. just workin on credits now for batchat.

unlocked the t7 lorraine spg but didnt buy it, unlocked gwtiger never bought it. got bored of the artys.

unlocked the obj268 but havent bought it.

like you, im playing through the 6-9 lines of new tanks and enjoying it.

I usually buy tanks almost straight away when I unlock them. The one tank I haven't is the 121, tier X Chinese medium. For a long time I didn't have enough credits for it and wasn't able to save any as I was buying new mid-tier tanks that I had researched or buying back tanks I had previously sold.

I have enough credits for it now but am waiting for February as it might be on discount then. I like how the WZ-120 plays so I'm hoping I will enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VikingG

KV 3 for me..

But it looks like it will be discounted this weekend so will probably buy it

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/44/heavy-duty-weekend/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Aenaes wrote: »
    I usually buy tanks almost straight away when I unlock them. The one tank I haven't is the 121, tier X Chinese medium. For a long time I didn't have enough credits for it and wasn't able to save any as I was buying new mid-tier tanks that I had researched or buying back tanks I had previously sold.

I have enough credits for it now but am waiting for February as it might be on discount then. I like how the WZ-120 plays so I'm hoping I will enjoy it.

I dont know if they will have sales of tier 10's in Feb. They dont happen all that often. I need to buy a IS7 and T92 so would love them to go on sale, but I'm not holding my breath :P

BigEejit wrote: »
    I dont know if they will have sales of tier 10's in Feb. They dont happen all that often. I need to buy a IS7 and T92 so would love them to go on sale, but I'm not holding my breath :P

Well they had tier 10 discounts last year until November (I think) then they cancelled them because of the big Wargaming 15 year anniversary and Christmas sales. They stated then that they would return in February. All other servers are having discounts on different tier 10 vehicles in February.

will have to spend real money for credits for obj and batchat and maybe buy back is4 and is7

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The German "scout tank" that should not be has been unlocked for rather a long time for me. Everything in it except tracks and turret are unlocked elsewhere but even at 50% discount it's not getting bought.

nesf wrote: »
    The German "scout tank" that should not be has been unlocked for rather a long time for me. Everything in it except tracks and turret are unlocked elsewhere but even at 50% discount it's not getting bought.

If you mean the infamous awfulpanther, then there's good news, as the long term plan is to both buff the scouts, and reduce their MM weight once the new higher tier scouts are introduced.

Spear wrote: »
    If you mean the infamous awfulpanther, then there's good news, as the long term plan is to both buff the scouts, and reduce their MM weight once the new higher tier scouts are introduced.

Really until they change the spotting and camo mechanics it doesn't matter. The change to shot dispersion was very detrimental towards scouts and they never received any compensation for this sudden drop in survivability.

The main problem though is the whole spotting system. It's just absurd. The camo system is just a horribly designed by-product of this (camo values and tank size seem to have little in common).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Indeed ... just recently I saw a guy with a few thousand battles in a Maus roll slowly across a field in Murovanka getting shot/spotted at by at least 4 or 5 people and he came to a small little bush and disappeared. The fecking Maus dwarfed the tiny bush but the stupid camo system hid it. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

KV 13, I unlocked it but the T 34-85 is just so much fun with the derp gun i cannot bring myself to give it up

Shams wrote: »
    KV 13, I unlocked it but the T 34-85 is just so much fun with the derp gun i cannot bring myself to give it up

I loved the KV-13. It wasn't a grind at all for me, the T-43 was more annoying for me but still enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

IS4 & T92 - It'll take a while to grind the credits for them, loving the whole TD shoot em in the ass thing ATM so working up the xp for a jgpz E100, prob grab that one first.

Can't beat the wee KV2 for derp gunning. :)

During a bout of more belligerent gaming the other night I managed to log into the live server instead of the test server and spent over 231k in converted XP before I realised my mistake.

Let that be a lesson to all y'all! Don't drink and train! lol

haha niiiiiice

ahh I don't really mind, it means I'm one tank away from the Obj.430 so that's not a bad thing. But it does mean some crew training needed to be turned off... still, it's all fun ;)

can anybody access the test server?

copeyhagen wrote: »
    can anybody access the test server?

any updates anyone?!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    any updates anyone?!

8.11 was released today.

• Advertisement

yeh i seen that. but is the test server open to anyone that wants to try the new tnaks or inv only or what?

Advertisement