Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Nintendo Fixed all that transferring stuff and I see stupid prices on psn all the time on there store that sometimes is more than what retail give

Not even close to what MS or Sony offer, the NN Ids are permanently linked to system they were created on or associated to first. They are still backwardly hardware focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Varik wrote: »
    Not even close to what MS or Sony offer, the NN Ids are permanently linked to system they were created on or associated to first. They are still backwardly hardware focused.

Yeah its one of the annoyances but they are catching on faster than What I that to endure with psn for years , xbox live nailed it from the get go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Yeah its one of the annoyances but they are catching on faster than What I that to endure with psn for years , xbox live nailed it from the get go.

How are they catching up faster if the Wii was out longer than the PS3, and the WiiU longer than the PS4 but they still haven't figured it out?

How are they catching up faster if the Wii was out longer than the PS3, and the WiiU longer than the PS4 but they still haven't figured it out?

Psn Launched : November 11, 2006
    Virtual Console : November 19, 2006

Nintendo offered a better backlouge of there old games with n64, snes and nes than sony did with playstation 1 and ps2 library

Nintendo are primarily a single player focused company but I see much better deals going on with there games and price cuts than sony has.

Yeah Nintendo are still playing catch up and I do not know the technicalities on how easy or hard it is to add games to accounts than systems but I trust its alot more complicated thats simply pressing a button on a computer.

• Advertisement

Psn Launched : November 11, 2006
    Virtual Console : November 19, 2006

Nintendo offered a better backlouge of there old games with n64, snes and nes than sony did with playstation 1 and ps2 library

Nintendo are primarily a single player focused company but I see much better deals going on with there games and price cuts than sony has.

Yeah Nintendo are still playing catch up and I do not know the technicalities on how easy or hard it is to add games to accounts than systems but I trust its alot more complicated thats simply pressing a button on a computer.

Disregarding any pricing, the fact is that their digital purchasing system was originally designed in a backwards, extremely consumer unfriendly way and it still isn't fixed 8 years later.

This is a much worse issue than Sony's controller "issue", yet you don't seem to want to put Nintendo down whereas you were more than willing to do it to Sony.

Disregarding any pricing, the fact is that their digital purchasing system was originally designed in a backwards, extremely consumer unfriendly way and it still isn't fixed 8 years later.

This is a much worse issue than Sony's controller "issue", yet you don't seem to want to put Nintendo down whereas you were more than willing to do it to Sony.

Have you a wii u ?

Have you a wii u ?

No. Does me not owning one make their purchasing system any better for anyone else though?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Varik wrote: »
    You need to especially for moving around the vehicle customization or altering loadout in game.

You can do all that with controller too. Its no way even near essential.

So yeah, even WT would work 100% with ps3 controller.

I dont know why people are so against having such an option. The only reason why its not there, its due to Sony greed, not technological issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

Thanks for all your help on here guys, and answering my questions.

Got the X1 after - €379 with Titanfall free. Cant wait to dig into it! :)

P.S. - Is Ryse any good?

• Advertisement

You can do all that with controller too. Its no way even near essential.

So yeah, even WT would work 100% with ps3 controller.

I dont know why people are so against having such an option. The only reason why its not there, its due to Sony greed, not technological issues.

Or maybe they just want to advance their console rather than be held back by what most people considered a terrible controller?
    The DS4 works on the PS3, are they greedy for giving people that option?

No. Does me not owning one make their purchasing system any better for anyone else though?

So you do not own one yet you can make a comment on how a an infrastructure is run without any knowledge or hands on to how its been used.

I own a ps3 since 2007 and own a wii and wii u so from hands on I know how bth are being used.

extremely consumer unfriendly way how ? if I remember correctly the purchases on wii could for the most part be brought over to the wii u , no hassle from me though all my psn purchases on ps3 do not work on ps4 even the ps1 games which worked on every other ps platform up till now.

talk about extremely consumer unfriendly way lets take a trip back to 2011 when psn was hacked and sony let information of psn users get out there without telling people.

great service right

Corvo wrote: »

P.S. - Is Ryse any good?

Was that kinectless one? Good price.

Ryse - Oh god no.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

P.S. - Is Ryse any good?

If you can get it cheap, it's worth a play - quite enjoyed it going in with incredibly low expectations! Wouldn't surprise me if it's free in "games with gold" before the end of the year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

Ryse - Oh god no.

Hi, yeah that was Kinect-less. Not too bothered about that to be honest.

Really? I thought Ryse looked fantastic - oh well - another one scratched off the list :)

Or maybe they just want to advance their console rather than be held back by what most people considered a terrible controller?
    The DS4 works on the PS3, are they greedy for giving people that option?

Sorry, but this is bull****. Its not holding it back, its giving option. Making me to go and buy 2 more controllers to play a few hours every few weeks is not Progress.

DS4 working on PS3 - Great. Why you gives this as an example of greedy?

Hi, yeah that was Kinect-less. Not too bothered about that to be honest.

Really? I thought Ryse looked fantastic - oh well - another one scratched off the list :)

There are better games to buy then Ryse on xbox one.

So you do not own one yet you can make a comment on how a an infrastructure is run without any knowledge or hands on to how its been used.

I own a ps3 since 2007 and own a wii and wii u so from hands on I know how bth are being used.

extremely consumer unfriendly way how ? if I remember correctly the purchases on wii could for the most part be brought over to the wii u , no hassle from me though all my psn purchases on ps3 do not work on ps4 even the ps1 games which worked on every other ps platform up till now.

talk about extremely consumer unfriendly way lets take a trip back to 2011 when psn was hacked and sony let information of psn users get out there without telling people.

great service right

I don't need to own a console to understand how a service works.
    Digital purchases being tied to hardware rather than an account is a consumer unfriendly method.

At the moment, both MS and Sony tie digital purchases to accounts and let you bring them to different consoles without much hassle. Sony even allowed these games to be activated on 5 different consoles at once for a long time until people started heavily abusing it.

The ability to transfer Wii purchases to the WiiU is great, it's backwards compatible, the PS4 and Xbox One aren't so that service can't be offered.
    Are you going to commend Sony on the way they allow PS1 games to be transfered to the Vita, or their cross-buy service where games that work on both PS4/PS3/PSV only have to be bought once? Didn't think so.

And the PSN hack wasn't "consumer unfriendly". It wasn't done by them. It was unfortunate, and probably shouldn't have happened but no CC details were stolen and the they gave out free games and PS+ memberships as an apology.

You seem to be blind towards anything good Sony/MS do, and at the same time blind do anything bad done by Nintendo.
    Sorry, but this is bull****. Its not holding it back, its giving option. Making me to go and buy 2 more controllers to play a few hours every few weeks is not Progress.

DS4 working on PS3 - Great. Why you gives this as an example of greedy?

Sony didn't force you to go out and buy more controllers, they gave you the option ;)
    The greedy comment was just playing on your comment of them not giving you an option makes them greedy.

Digital purchases being tied to hardware rather than an account is a consumer unfriendly method.

At the moment, both MS and Sony tie digital purchases to accounts and let you bring them to different consoles without much hassle. Sony even allowed these games to be activated on 5 different consoles at once for a long time until people started heavily abusing it.

The ability to transfer Wii purchases to the WiiU is great, it's backwards compatible, the PS4 and Xbox One aren't so that service can't be offered.
    Are you going to commend Sony on the way they allow PS1 games to be transfered to the Vita, or their cross-buy service where games that work on both PS4/PS3/PSV only have to be bought once? Didn't think so.

And the PSN hack wasn't "consumer unfriendly". It wasn't done by them. It was unfortunate, and probably shouldn't have happened but no CC details were stolen and the they gave out free games and PS+ memberships as an apology.

You seem to be blind towards anything good Sony/MS do, and at the same time blind do anything bad done by Nintendo.
    Actually that goes to you to, but towards Nintendo.

Sony didn't force you to go out and buy more controllers, they gave you the option ;)
    The greedy comment was just playing on your comment of them not giving you an option makes them greedy.

Emmm thats the thing, Sony does not give you option, buy DS4 or feck off.

• Advertisement

Actually that goes to you to, but towards Nintendo.

I said in my post that their backwards compatability and how they offered the Wii to WiiU transfer was great? Their exclusives are good, but not enough to entice me to buy one.
    Emmm thats the thing, Sony does not give you option, buy DS4 or feck off.

You already have one DS4. They give you the option to buy more. ;)
    (Wasn't really being serious with that comment, just a joke).

Did I just not say no unified nintendo account is an annoyance ? I own all systems bar 360 and one because I prefer the ps controller over ms as its what I am used to.

I call bull**** when I see it, and they are my opinions at the end of the day.

Nintendo does stupid **** aswell just like every other company.

Nintendo handling of evo last year was stupid
    Nintendo handling with youtube creators could still be better
    voice chat could be better on nintendo systems even though I dont play online

Sony being the only company last gen to no use batteries was brilliant
    User Generated Content with lots of there games last gen was great addition
    Playstation Plus offer better choice of games than xbox counterpart aswell as features are not being locked out because of it is fantastic.
    Recorded and directly uploading gameplay is great.
    Sony communication with its fans is far better than Nintendo and Microsoft in what the fans want games and features wise

:pac: Alright, we'll leave it there so :P
    Though as of the past few months I think MS has the best communication with the fans.

Though as of the past few months I think MS has the best communication with the fans.

When you **** your pants in front of all your customers, its hard to dig your head in sand. :pac:

Ha awesome , its been fun :D having this long discussion
    Yeah I agree which is quite odd given the situation. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

P.S. - Is Ryse any good?

yes its good but short, multiplayer doesnt hold interest too long, if you can pick it up cheap I'd say definitely get it, specially if your a fan of the Roman period in history. Its also beautiful looking :)

Ryse - Oh god no.

have you played it? unless I'm mistaking you'd rather hold a turd in your hand then a x1 joypad :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,972 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only hashing and not salting users passwords and personal details is far more consumer unfriendly than anything Nintendo have done. It's not even difficult to do, I've done it myself with basic web development training.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm just thinking.
    Instead of buying a PS4 I could get another Nuon instead, or a copy of Gleylancer, Musha Aleste, Earthbound and Harmful Park.... Hmm...

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    yes its good but short, multiplayer doesnt hold interest too long, if you can pick it up cheap I'd say definitely get it, specially if your a fan of the Roman period in history. Its also beautiful looking :)

have you played it? unless I'm mistaking you'd rather hold a turd in your hand then a x1 joypad :pac:

You don't need to hold a turd in your hands to know that Ryse is ****.

But knowing some members on boards.ie they will defend xbox one even if it will stay then in chest.

• Advertisement

You don't need to hold a turd in your hands to know that Ryse is ****.

But knowing some members on boards.ie they will defend xbox one even if it will stay then in chest.

I think it's fair to say that you do need to play a game before you have the right to call it ****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement