Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    Oooh if Foos got Weezer over it'd be unreal. Hopefully not just an Oz/NZ thing.

Have a feeling it will only be Oz/NZ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mushy wrote: »
    Oooh if Foos got Weezer over it'd be unreal. Hopefully not just an Oz/NZ thing.

Have a feeling it will only be Oz/NZ :(

Who knows, maybe the small your Weezer are doing next month is just a warm up for more next year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Picked up Concrete & Gold today.  It's class!  Rockin' :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

One listen in, more miss than hit.

• Advertisement

Gonna pick it up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

One listen in, more miss than hit.

yeah a few good tracks but some are a bit dower, like Run, Sunday Rain, Make It Right and arrows

still ill hopefully see them when/if they tour around here, there classics like Learn To Fly, Monkey Wrench, Everloing etc cant be beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Personally, I think it's a return to form.  I like it lots :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

FF pen some great tunes, they're not so good at albums though imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Pelvis wrote: »
    FF pen some great tunes, they're not so good at albums though imo.

Without doubt, bland release here again better than the last one is the best remark I can give it at this point but that was absolutely woeful.

Baffled by the write ups I've seen on it seem to be pretty positive, but I guess that would go against the Foos saviors of rock agenda some outlets seem to strive.

If it weren't for Grohl's previous band and knack for a talking point they would be glossed over by the mainstream now and joining the likes of Suede,Jimmy Eat World,Ash,Garbage(nothing wrong with these bands btw) etc still releasing music but playing academies and getting next to no airplay these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

The first listen of concrete & gold I didn't think much of it but played the album through a few times and really like can't get the sky is a neighbourhood out of my head.
    Has anyone watched their carpool karaoke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    That's probably the best song on the album. I think it's their weakest album since One by One..

Paul McCartney is on the drums in Sunday Rain I think also Justin Timberland is on another track

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Have given it a couple of listens and I think the first two thirds are decent enough and then it trails off. It's definitely better than the last one anyway, of which I can remember very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭deadybai

I liked the album bar maybe one or two songs which aren't bad just lacks a punch .

Foos played a few songs on Jools Holland last night .
    Definitely one of those very few bands who sound better live

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Without doubt, bland release here again better than the last one is the best remark I can give it at this point but that was absolutely woeful.

Baffled by the write ups I've seen on it seem to be pretty positive, but I guess that would go against the Foos saviors of rock agenda some outlets seem to strive.

If it weren't for Grohl's previous band and knack for a talking point they would be glossed over by the mainstream now and joining the likes of Suede,Jimmy Eat World,Ash,Garbage(nothing wrong with these bands btw) etc still releasing music but playing academies and getting next to no airplay these days.

Their live show and the quality of some of their early stuiff puts them a peg or two above those bands imo.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Their live show and the quality of some of their early stuiff puts them a peg or two above those bands imo.

Plus you guaranteed over a 2 hour set

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

The first two Suede albums piss on everything Foo Fighters ever did (with the exception of The Color and the Shape to some extent, which has its moments). Otherwise Foo Fighters are just boring, bland rock music for normies.

Plus you guaranteed over a 2 hour set

Which contains about 90 minutes of songs and 30 minutes of extended jams within them.

• Advertisement

The first two Suede albums piss on everything Foo Fighters ever did (with the exception of The Color and the Shape to some extent, which has its moments). Otherwise Foo Fighters are just boring, bland rock music for normies.

What the f*** do suede have to do with FF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

What the f*** do suede have to do with FF?

MadYaker wrote: »
    I don't see what the confusion is.

I don't see what the confusion is.

Ah, I see.

Didn’t read previous pages in thread. Sorry.

Did anyone happen to see them on later with Jools Holland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

EPAndlee wrote:
    Did anyone happen to see them on later with Jools Holland?

All on YouTube.

All on YouTube.

It just started on BBC 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I still think the first FF (Dave solo?) album has a certain dark, melancholy vibe to it that usually brings me back every so often. But the writing was definitely on the wall from the release of 'The Colour and the Shape' as to the direction Dave wanted to go. Big!

The last ten years have been a steady stream of over wrought, shouty nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,236 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Just watched the FF's rockumentary on Netflix..

It is a great watch ! Didnt think it was possible to like D.G more, but you will after watching it. A damn good rocker too.
    Loved it.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

greenspurs wrote: »

It is a great watch ! Didnt think it was possible to like D.G more, but you will after watching it. A damn good rocker too.
    Loved it.

Dave is such a likable man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭fluke

greenspurs wrote: »

Loved it.

Sonic Highways? Just started that myself last night.

Advertisement