Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,249 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

fluke wrote: »
    Sonic Highways? Just started that myself last night.

No, its the " Back and Forth " docu.

From the ending of Nirvana to the recording of Wasting Light in 2011 ..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

fluke wrote:
    Sonic Highways? Just started that myself last night.

I'm halfway through this myself, it's not bad. The city is certainly the main focus of each episode and the Foo Fighters seem to be secondary. Initially I had thought it would be a documentary on them and their writing methods, so I expected a bit more footage of them constructing songs.

The new album gets better with each listen. I do wish they ended it at Sunday Rain though, I find the final two tracks a bit more of an effort to sit through in comparison to all the other songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭fluke

greenspurs wrote: »
    No, its the " Back and Forth " docu.

From the ending of Nirvana to the recording of Wasting Light in 2011 ..

Oh that one. Yeah I watched it a few years ago. I remember wishing they had given each Foos album a measured retrospective.

Pete Moss wrote: »
    I'm halfway through this myself, it's not bad. The city is certainly the main focus of each episode and the Foo Fighters seem to be secondary. Initially I had thought it would be a documentary on them and their writing methods, so I expected a bit more footage of them constructing songs.

The new album gets better with each listen. I do wish they ended it at Sunday Rain though, I find the final two tracks a bit more of an effort to sit through in comparison to all the other songs.

I'm enjoying it. It's certainly making me appreciate SH more.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Seems like a gig announcement for the UK is close based on their Twitter activity. Unless they're just messing around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Seems like a gig announcement for the UK is close based on their Twitter activity. Unless they're just messing around!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mushy wrote: »

I wonder will Dublin be included ??

22450065_10159355680430545_6590251257573902427_n.jpg?oh=c76f6338f72f521fec8fdef63b235082&oe=5A43DC38

christ wait for a possible Irish date annoucement or go for manchester tickets ???

really wish bands would just announce the whole bloody euro tour at once

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Would have thought Slane on June 16th but been all quiet from Mountcharles on the gig front so doubtful, guessing Croke or Lansdowne on the 16th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

You're mad if you think the Foo Fighters would come even close to selling out Croke Park.

• Advertisement

Pelvis wrote: »
    You're mad if you think the Foo Fighters would come even close to selling out Croke Park.

Let me see, they sold out Slane a few years back, which is bigger than Croke, their popularity is still massive, Croke is in the middle of Dublin, not the arse end of Meath like Slane

They'd sell it out, not straight away probably, but a sell out none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If bland nonsense like The Script and One Direction can sell out Croke Park, then the Foos would have no issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

scudzilla wrote: »
    Let me see, they sold out Slane a few years back, which is bigger than Croke, their popularity is still massive, Croke is in the middle of Dublin, not the arse end of Meath like Slane

They'd sell it out, not straight away probably, but a sell out none the less
    They played to 60k in Slane, with Ash, Hosier (who turned into one of the biggest acts around at the time) and the Kaiser Chiefs. You may as well argue that Bon Jovi "sold out" Slane also. Half the mongs who go to Slane do so just because it's Slane.

It's got nothing to do with Blandness, like it or not One Direction and The Script (at the time) were absolutely huge.

What to do what to do ???

Get Manchester tickets or wait for an announcement of an Irish date ???

Saw the Stone Roses at the Etihad in 2016 and it's a great venue but id like to go see the foos play in Croke Park or Aviva. It's around World Cup time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

seamus wrote: »
    If bland nonsense like The Script and One Direction can sell out Croke Park, then the Foos would have no issue.

Apart from Wasting Light and a few of the obvious big tracks Foos have been turfin out bland nonsense for the guts of 20 years so fit the bill good point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What to do what to do ???

Get Manchester tickets or wait for an announcement of an Irish date ???

Saw the Stone Roses at the Etihad in 2016 and it's a great venue but id like to go see the foos play in Croke Park or Aviva. It's around World Cup time too.

Do both. We are making a weekend of it in London and hoping for an Irish date

threein99 wrote: »
    Do both. We are making a weekend of it in London and hoping for an Irish date

You're in for a treat the London Stadium is awesome

Might make a trip out of the Manchester gig, be gutted if Ireland are playing in a WC match the same day but we might not even be there

Apart from Wasting Light and a few of the obvious big tracks Foos have been turfin out bland nonsense for the guts of 20 years so fit the bill good point.
    Whatever, they still have a strong following. The people in the Foos demographic are 30-45 years old. That is, the people with all the money who will buy tickets to a couple of good gigs a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

seamus wrote: »
    Whatever, they still have a strong following. The people in the Foos demographic are 30-45 years old. That is, the people with all the money who will buy tickets to a couple of good gigs a year.

I thought they'd have a young bunch of fans on the go too tbh but nonetheless, I'm in that bracket you've there, I regularly go to gigs but don't tend to evaluate a gig before I've witnessed it. Wouldn't say I have all the money but I would prob drop €100 on 3 or 4 club shows without the hesitation I might over doing it for one act in a field, the Aviva for a gig like forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Meow

• Advertisement

threein99 wrote: »
    Meow

Love the Foo's but he's spot on, studio work is very mediocre, live they're something else, bit like Metallica

scudzilla wrote: »
    Love the Foo's but he's spot on, studio work is very mediocre, live they're something else, bit like Metallica

Since Wasting Light, their albums has been pretty good. Much better than the 00's output

• Registered Users Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Sonic Highways was sh!te. Big boring bands are what's needed for stadium gigs though. If coldplay can fill it with their drivel tunes then I've no doubt foos can do the same. At least the foos live show is actually energetic.

SH isn't as immediate as it's predecessor, but has some tunes. Also the accompanying HBO show is worth checking out. Gives extra perspective on the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I used to like them, then I only liked their first two albums, then it become their first album and now I think they're a joke. Everlong is probably the only classic track they wrote. I'm getting rid of my foos albums for cheap price. If anyone is interested, PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

New foo fighters song out, called solider

• Registered Users Posts: 10,249 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

FF's gig cancelled due to "Family Emergency" ...... :(

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

List of tour dates:
    https://foofighters.com/#tour

US up till May, then a month's gap, then over to Europe for June, two-week break and back to the States.

Going by the dates I'd be inclined to think they'll make a stop in Ireland at the end of May or the end of June. Probably the latter since they're in the UK at the end of June.

So probably another Slane or Croke Park rather than a festival headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

seamus wrote:
    So probably another Slane or Croke Park rather than a festival headline.

We really don't do a festival big enough for a band this popular.

• Advertisement

This argument has prob been discussed loads of times but if Kurt Cobain didn't die would there be no Foo Fighters today ???

Would some Foo Fighters be actually Nirvana tracks ?

Advertisement