Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Foo Fighters

• 31-10-2013 6:28pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Foo Fighters have announced that they’re making a comeback next year - spearheaded by a massive gig in Mexico this December.

Dave Grohl and co. have been away from the live game for the past 12 months, having toured the world in support of their last album ‘Wasting Light’, which hit shelves back in 2011.

They have spent their time working on their next record and now a 2014 comeback is well and truly on the cards, with a return to the stage taking place even sooner than expected.

Supported by the National, Foo Fighters will hit the 55,000 capacity Foro Sol stadium in Mexico City on December 13. If you’re a fan of the band, and want to make the trip, click here to search for Foo Fighters tickets through Stereoboard!

Foo Fighters last played their own headline UK shows at Milton Keynes Bowl in summer 2011, two gigs which sold out in minutes! Stay tuned for any Foo Fighters UK tour news.

Meanwhile, guitarist Chris Shiflett recently revealed that they have already begun rehearsing songs for the new collection. He said back in August:
    “We actually just started making a new Foo Fighters record within the last few weeks. We've started rehearsing.”

300x375xScreenshot_1.png.pagespeed.ic.VNEllLRWYg.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Good news.......one band I haven't seen live yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Seen them at Oxegen a few years ago. Unreal! Also watched there documentary of the last album last night which is a very good watch if you're a fan of the band. Hopefully they tour here sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Ive seen them at Oxegen, Witness and the old Point ... always great live.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Saw them in Marley Park 2007. I expected a good gig but I wasn't expecting them to be AMAZING!!!

Twas so good, I threw away my pint and didn't drink for the rest of the gig.

That was the summer it rained non stop ...but that night it was a beautiful summer evening. "Hey man, we put it on our rider!!!" Diamond Dave quipped.

It turned me from a fair weather fan into a HUGE FAN.

Can't recommend enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

oldscoil wrote: »
    Saw them in Marley Park 2007. I expected a good gig but I wasn't expecting them to be AMAZING!!!

Twas so good, I threw away my pint and didn't drink for the rest of the gig.

That was the summer it rained non stop ...but that night it was a beautiful summer evening. "Hey man, we put it on our rider!!!" Diamond Dave quipped.

It turned me from a fair weather fan into a HUGE FAN.

Can't recommend enough :D

I was there too and it was absolutely brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea anytime ive seen them they always put on a top notch performance . Can def see a gig over here during the summer

Two quick things...

This:

And this...

That is all.

And I'm only half way through this, and my the hairs on the back of my neck are standing on end....

Foo Fighters
    First practice. Been too long. Look out, Mexico...
    xoxo Dave

1467378_10153492704230545_1629045258_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Charlene_92

Best news :) One of my favourites and never got a chance to see them live yet!! Bring it on \m/

• Advertisement

Foo Fighters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

oldscoil wrote: »

I was there, at the front. Massively disagree; immemorable, boring, generic gig. Though, I remember that I was really let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I was there, at the front. Massively disagree; immemorable, boring, generic gig. Though, I remember that I was really let down.

I'm with you on that one. That was the last time I saw them and thought they were just going through the motions. Even the jam in the middle of Stacked Actors had gotten boring by that stage.

They're still one of my favourite bands and loved their last album but I think back then, their live shows had just gotten too predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Found this on Foo Fighters Twitter

BeI147wCUAAyFOZ.jpg

Ladies & Gents........ The Foo Fighters will release their 8th studio album this fall

The album’s release will coincide with the airing of Dave Grohl’s new HBO TV series, which was first reported yesterday. According to a press release, the series will document Foo Fighters’ sessions in eight different cities — Chicago, Austin, Nashville, Los Angeles, Seattle, New Orleans, Washington, DC and New York — as they record the album in various legendary studios.The press release explains: “One song was recorded in each city, every song featuring local legends sitting in, and every lyric written in an unprecedented experimental style: Dave held off on putting down words until the last day of each session, so as to be inspired by the experiences, interviews and personalities that became part of the process.

Additional details will be revealed in the coming weeks.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/05/its-official-foo-fighters-to-release-new-album-this-fall/

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

Saw them at The Olympia, The Point, and Marlay Park...they never disappoint!

Yea delighted with that news. Gonna be hard to top Wasting Light but really excited for the new record and tv show

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PatPatterson

I love the Back & Forth documentary. For those who have seen it, what did you make of it?

Foo Fighters
    Hey You Guys... It's been WAYYYY too long. Can't wait to see you all again.
    You never know when/where the Foos may show up! Got a LOT of things up our sleeves...

If you want to get all the info first, direct from FFHQ...Sign up by clicking the envelope here.

http://www.foofighters.com/

10373744_10154159014485545_521176618748283950_n.jpg

The new Foo Fighters album will be released this November, it has been revealed.

Earlier today new information was revealed about the as-yet-untitled record. Stating that the album is longer than anything they have previously released and may also feature horns for the first time, Grohl says, "Like, I couldn’t just write a three-and-a-half-minute long KROQ jingle and film it for the finale of an episode about the history of music in New Orleans, ya know? We really had to step up what we do. The music is a progression or an evolution for sure, but it’s a Foo Fighters record."

The new album was recorded in eight different studios in eight states across America. It will be accompanied by mini series Sonic Highways, broadcast on HBO, which will document the recording progress. Dave Grohl will operate as director on the project, following his Sound City documentary of 2013.

Opening up further about the "cinematic" sound of the album, Grohl continues: "You'll recognise Foo Fighters in this record but you’ll also be surprised by us. We're doing things that we've never done before. Honestly, there are sections of songs that will really take you by surprise."

The ever-productive Grohl also disclosed the fact that he has already come up with a "****ing crazy" idea for the album after this one. "I already know what we’re doing for the next Foo Fighters record and that's even ****ing crazier. I came up with this idea a month and a half ago. The guys were, like, 'Dude, we have to finish this first.' I know, ****!"

• Advertisement

They are playing the Voodoo festival in America in Oct/Nov

http://worshipthemusic.com/line-up/

Foo Fighter cover Van Halen's Ain't Talking 'Bout Love

Foo Fighters
    On sale Tomorrow
    South Africa: http://www.bigconcerts.co.za/
    Las Vegas: http://lifeisbeautiful.com/
    On sale Friday
    New Orleans: http://worshipthemusic.com/

Don't worry everyone....the Foos are coming for you too..sign up at http://www.foofighters.com/ to stay in the know on rock shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Foo Fighters are closing the Invictus Games on September 14th - tempting!

http://invictusgames.org/news/closing-concert-announced-for-the-invictus-games/
    The Invictus Games, presented by Jaguar Land Rover, today announced a spectacular line-up, featuring Foo Fighters, who will headline the Jaguar Land Rover Invictus Games Closing Concert to take place on Sunday 14 September 2014 at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London. Tickets will go on sale at 09:00am BST on Friday 1 August priced £49 and are available at axs.com / stubhub.co.uk

If i can round up a few heads i shall be there with bells on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

That doesn't appear their own gig at all like more topping a closing ceremony bill and won't be a full set prob nothing close to it. Being Broadcast by BBC come the time.

Venue is 26,000,given the event is for British armed forces set up by Prince Harry to promote recovery through sport, The supporting bill is well odd,all things combined should make for an interesting crowd :D:D (one I won't be in)

Butch Vig
    We are officially done with the new Foo Fighters album.
    23 straight days mixing!
    IT'S EPIC!!!

The LP will be the focus of a documentary on HBO, which followed frontman Dave Grohl on the journey across 8 US studios in recording the as-yet-untitled album.

In case the producer's promise of epic-ness isn't enough, Grohl himself has made similar noises in the past number of weeks. Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, he said: "We really had to step up what we do. The music is a progression or an evolution for sure, but it’s a Foo Fighters record.

"You’ll recognize Foo Fighters in this record but you’ll also be surprised by us. We’re doing things that we’ve never done before. Honestly, there are sections of songs that will really take you by surprise".

The months of hype are bound to only intensify from here; fans will have to wait until November for the album's release...

- See more at: http://www.hotpress.com/Foo-Fighters/news/Foo-Fighters-complete-work-on-new-album/11955278.html#sthash.zf1jhpY2.dpuf

Foo Fighters
    Ladies and Gents...keep an eye out here for some big news coming on Monday... In the meantime, we have just launched a brand new new online store with some brand new stuff.
    Get in it here: http://shop.foofighters.com/collections/all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Foo Fighters are closing the Invictus Games on September 14th - tempting!
    Meh line up and won't be a full set and £49 is too much for that, now the inevitable Dingwalls' show? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Meh line up and won't be a full set and £49 is too much for that, now the inevitable Dingwalls' show? ;)

With everything going on - I completely forgot about it! :P:o Guess Ellie Goulding being involved didn't let my brain notify me.

If there's Dingwalls I'm buying ALL the tickets - ultimate intimate venue :P:P:pac:

Advertisement