Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

+1 with the swollen feet and ankles. They're hilarious looking. Loose dresses and slippers/flipflops from now on. The other night I got up for my usual 4 am toilet trip and felt a jaggy pain in my lower abdomen, my Mam said it was probably the baby's head moving down to engage. My bump is noticeably lower...boobs aren't resting on it anymore. I've been getting a pain spasm in my left inner thigh too, like I've pulled the muscle but it only lasts a few seconds.
    Feeling good though otherwise :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Oh thank God I'm not alone, between swelling and being so uncomfortable, my bump has dropped since Sunday, I'm hoping I go early would just be great x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I feel like utter, utter poop. I need to hold my bump and wake Pierce up to push my back just to roll over in bed, and my eyes are usually stinging with the pain. I'm in the utmost of foul humour pretty much constantly. Everything irks me and I just cant help but snap at people who say stupid things. Like when I'm hanging the third load of wet clothes onto the line in tears because my back hurts and my OH tells me to leave it for him - I have the words "Its because I left it for you that there are three ducking loads to go out on the line in the first place" out of my mouth before I realise I've said it.
    The swelling doesn't help, I've had to take my engagement ring off, I had to buy a size 8 pair of shoes when I'm normally a 5.5-6 and none, I mean NONE of my clothes fit any more. Even the maternity stuff. And with this heat I'm forced to sit in a bra and knickers and if we have to leave the house I have to wrestle myself into leggings and a tshirt and the effort usually makes me cry :(

This isn't fun any more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    This isn't fun any more!

Amen to that. You're having a really rough time of it ShaSha so be gentle to yourself. You're cultivating a little person and it's bloody hard work. We're all in the home stretch now, we just have to keep going for a little while longer.

It will be worth it, it will be worth it, it will be worth it.... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I feel like utter, utter poop. I need to hold my bump and wake Pierce up to push my back just to roll over in bed, and my eyes are usually stinging with the pain. I'm in the utmost of foul humour pretty much constantly. Everything irks me and I just cant help but snap at people who say stupid things. Like when I'm hanging the third load of wet clothes onto the line in tears because my back hurts and my OH tells me to leave it for him - I have the words "Its because I left it for you that there are three ducking loads to go out on the line in the first place" out of my mouth before I realise I've said it.
    The swelling doesn't help, I've had to take my engagement ring off, I had to buy a size 8 pair of shoes when I'm normally a 5.5-6 and none, I mean NONE of my clothes fit any more. Even the maternity stuff. And with this heat I'm forced to sit in a bra and knickers and if we have to leave the house I have to wrestle myself into leggings and a tshirt and the effort usually makes me cry :(

This isn't fun any more!

God, that's rough. You poor thing. I'm starting to feel much more pregnant now but nothing near as uncomfortable as you are describing so I shouldn't complain! I weigh myself every week and as of last week (35 weeks) I still hadn't quite hit the stone mark, think I'd gained 13 or 13.5 lbs. But I'm not a heat lover at all so I definitely reckon if this weather stays I'll be very uncomfortable and start ballooning with water retention. My strategy is to keep the blinds closed in the house (luckily our blinds still let in brightness but keep out heat/sun) to keep it cool and stay inside as much as possible. It's a pity to not fully embrace the weather but it's just not worth being uncomfortable!!

• Advertisement

Merkin wrote: »
    hanging out washing and the bending and reaching that goes with that isn't on, not when you're at this stage

My husband lives on a different planet at times, he just doesn't see things that need doing like I do. I'd be waiting a long time for him to take over the chores!! Nearly full term or not, it's business as usual in this house too :)

I can't believe how bad my procrastination has become. A few weeks ago I was wondering whether I should have my hospital bags in the car when I'm at work...........now I'm finished work in a week and I haven't even prepared my bags!!

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    My husband lives on a different planet at times, he just doesn't see things that need doing like I do. I'd be waiting a long time for him to take over the chores!! Nearly full term or not, it's business as usual in this house too :)

Same with himself. He doesn't realise things need doing until they interfere with his life :o
    He has TONNES of clothes and it wouldn't be until something was missing/he ran out of jocks that he'd realise washing needs doing :pac:
    Since I have one pair of leggings and two tshirts left, I need to wash my stuff daily!

He's normally very, very good but sometimes he has to see me struggle to realise that I actually can't do it :o

Ladies, what size are your bags for the hospital???

I can't believe how quickly the stuff all adds up! I'm afraid I'll get some disapproving looks when I arrive at the hospital :(

My main bag is a small wheely suitcase, the max limit of what Ryanair would allow.
    My labour bag is a small overnight carrier bag, or a (very very) large handbag.
    Then baby doesn't have a bag yet but I reckon the volume of stuff will be about the same size as my labour bag.

Eek!! Have I got 10 times what everyone else has??

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

I can't believe how quickly the stuff all adds up! I'm afraid I'll get some disapproving looks when I arrive at the hospital :(

My main bag is a small wheely suitcase, the max limit of what Ryanair would allow.
    Then baby doesn't have a bag yet but I reckon the volume of stuff will be about the same size as my labour bag.

my labour/hospital bag was a largeish carry on type suitcase. I used the changing bag as the baby bag putting some of her stuff in my bag. Will use the same bags this time. Dont worry, you wont have too much. Some of the women had proper full size suitcases.

• Advertisement

I have one big bag with everything in it. I'm in the one room for birthing and recovery so I don't need separate bags. My bag is like one of those big sports bags except one wheels and it is stuffed to the brim!
    I've got two black towels for me, pyjamas, tracksuit bottoms and a tshirt for coming home, a bag of toiletries (little travel dispensers of shampoo and shower gel, maternity pads, breast pads and nipple cream and toothpaste and a brush), a nightgown, two labouring nighties and two packs of knickers for binning after use. That's literally everything for me (my sister and mother are bringing CDs, snacks, chargers and the like).
    I have 7 babygros, 10 vests, two cardigans, 5 hats, 2 blankets, 2 baby towels, cotton wool, nappies, sudocreme, 3 bibs, 4 muslin cloths, 2 carrycot sheets and a coming home outfit for the baby.
    Mr. Bear has packed jocks, socks, two tshirts and swimming shorts in case he's getting into the tub with me :o

We put all into the one bag, but they're in separate bags in the bag so we can get at whatever we need!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Hi there not a very regular poster but certainly have been lurking 😀
    Just wondering what are you going to dress the new arrival in?
    Vest only? Babygro only? And will we need hats if it's this hot? Trying to figure what I need. It's head wrecking

Hi there not a very regular poster but certainly have been lurking 😀
    Just wondering what are you going to dress the new arrival in?
    Vest only? Babygro only? And will we need hats if it's this hot? Trying to figure what I need. It's head wrecking

I suppose put a full outfit in a ziploc bag then judge at the time of birth what you need with advice from the midwife. So a vest, babygro, hat, mittens. Babies can't regulate temperature well so they will most likely need it all. Tho I have heard some hospitals don't like hats indoors anymore.......
    I wouldn't worry about not knowing everything now, that's what the midwives are there for! Better to bring everything and then decide later :)

I suppose put a full outfit in a ziploc bag then judge at the time of birth what you need with advice from the midwife. So a vest, babygro, hat, mittens. Babies can't regulate temperature well so they will most likely need it all. Tho I have heard some hospitals don't like hats indoors anymore.......
    I wouldn't worry about not knowing everything now, that's what the midwives are there for! Better to bring everything and then decide later :)

My MW said they're gonna feel a bit cold no matter what the weather, very little will be as warm as the uterus and as you say Ocean they can't regulate it properly. I was told a vest and a babygro over it. Blankets if needs be and cardigans as well for going outside. Mittens aren't that important because they're more to prevent scratching but definitely a hat and babygro and blanket/cardigan!

I had a ziploc bag with neutral babygro, hat, vest and size 1 & 2 nappies. Also had a blanket in the bag. This time I have two ziplocs; a boy bag and girl bag.

Baby bag had 7 of everything and needed all of them for two nights stay. We live pretty close to the hospital so it was handy enough for my husband to nip up and down if I needed anything.

It's exciting. Nearly time to come out baby. Dont leave us waiting too long x

Cardigans! ��
    Crap all of mine are heavy winter ones. Well most of em anyway.
    *sigh* better hit the shops so to stock up.
    Have a few hats and never bothered with mittens anyway. Just kept their nails short

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

All the babygros I got in Mothercare came with little mittens without me even realising so check the ones you have just to make sure, a lot come with them built in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Don't have an outfit for bringing baby home in yet we don't know 100% what we are having so going to get oh to get something when it's born x

Thank God it's cooler today xxx hope ye are all well xxx

37 weeks today :D:D:D:D:D

Abigail is still head down and engaged, my BP is still exactly the same as it has been at every appointment, pee is still clear of abnormalities and bloods are normal!

I'm feeling much more cheery today :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

36 weeks here for me!
    Another parcel showed up for "Zerta" today from his Nannie and Poppa in New Zealand. Very exciting. I get the feeling my mother isn't the least bit interested in being a grandmother again :pac::pac::pac: They have 7 other grandchildren....

Had the growth scan on Monday at the Coombe, was very quick. They estimated his weight to be 3kgs already, but I think the measurements were fairly rushed, so that could be way out. The consultant said that he looked pretty average for that gestation. My BP, while normal, was up a bit, but I'd worked myself up into bits that he was going to be gigantic......

• Advertisement

Finally packed mine and baby's bag. Ive done nothing but talk about it for the last month. Few little bits to get but if anything were to happen, im good to go.

Feeling pretty rubbish at the mo. Very low and just want baby out tbh. 

Just found out yesterday that our mortgage was declined at the final approval meeting. Have been sale agreed on a house for over a month now. So gutted I can't even think straight. The way I had to find out as well is sitting less than well with me. But that's a whole other thread. Gonna have to move anyway as the house we're in is just not big enough anymore and galway city is not exactly littered with decent family suited rental properties.

Aww hugs to you dizzymiss, you sound a bit blue. I know it's easier said than done but try to focus on the positives, namely that you're going to be meeting baby dizzy soon. If you can, focus on you, your other half and the baby for now and once you're settled with the little one start the searching process then, trying to think about that now along with everything else will just cause you undue stress.

Did you enjoy packing bubba's little bag?

Aww hugs to you dizzymiss, you sound a bit blue. I know it's easier said than done but try to focus on the positives, namely that you're going to be meeting baby dizzy soon. If you can, focus on you, your other half and the baby for now and once you're settled with the little one start the searching process then, trying to think about that now along with everything else will just cause you undue stress.

Did you enjoy packing bubba's little bag?

Thanks Merkin xxx

Packing baby's bag is lovely. We have loads of lovely pink things from our munchkin so packed sone pink stuff and bought a couple of little blue things so all eventualities are covered. Forgot how tiny babies are when thet first arrive. Our madam is so big now. Cant believe she's nearly one. Scary.

Awww how lovely, didn't realise you're keeping it a surprise! :) I know, their little clothes are adorable aren't they? It's lovely imagining what the little one will look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Hey girls, my June thread has gone quiet so posting in here! Embarassed to be 40 + 8 so am not too far off being legit in the july thread:-)

Any news Smokey?!!

I am TOTALLY joking by the way! :) Everyone says if you go overdue you're subject to a barrage of communication from people asking if the baby has arrived yet as if it would have happened and you simply forgot to mention it!

Any news Smokey?!!

I am TOTALLY joking by the way! :) Everyone says if you go overdue you're subject to a barrage of communication from people asking if the baby has arrived yet as if it would have happened and you simply forgot to mention it!

I can confirm this is exactly what happens...we've never had such a constant stream of texts and calls...tempted to set up a webcam like springwatch so people can just log in and see me still sitting on the couch eating an icecream and realise Im still waiting:-)

Lovely that everyone cares so much but makes me nervous too:-)

Hilarious! :D I'm sure everyone just means well because they're excited but I could imagine it would be quite maddening too!

Speaking of ice cream, I picked up toffee sauce in a squeezy bottle in M & S.......BIG mistake, I'm having ice cream at every opportunity smothered in the stuff, nyum!!

Hilarious! :D I'm sure everyone just means well because they're excited but I could imagine it would be quite maddening too!

Speaking of ice cream, I picked up toffee sauce in a squeezy bottle in M & S.......BIG mistake, I'm having ice cream at every opportunity smothered in the stuff, nyum!!

I thought I read toffee sauce has incredible nutritional benefits for pregnant ladies....although that may be a giant fib:D

• Advertisement

Any news Smokey?!!

I remember being told on my first to add on a week (at least) tomy due date to avoid this 😀
    So handy 😃
    This time round I haven't given anyone a specific date just a vague aha round the 2nd week of July (it's actually the 2nd 😃)
    As people are asking how much left now? I reply with a "3-4...2-3" etc weeks. Being very vague about it ... Would laugh if I went on my due date -they'd all think baby was early. Had to remind hubby of actual date though as he was getting a bit blasé about it all and planning a few "last ones with the boys before it gets too late "

Advertisement