Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help Please - Astec 63 - Installation/Engineering Manual

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

marts wrote: »
    I spoke too soon and put in a terrible night of the beeping almost every half hour..... Unfortunately I'm at work atm... I will be home tonight and will do as you asked and refer back...... Regards M

The system is measuring voltage on the line, if this drops off it will flag a line fault.
    Is your alarm given priority over other phones in the house?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I spoke too soon and put in a terrible night of the beeping almost every half hour..... Unfortunately I'm at work atm... I will be home tonight and will do as you asked and refer back...... Regards M

No Problem.
    Basically whats you are looking for is whether there are 2 or 4 wires connected on the PCB to the very left

413115.jpg

If there are just two connections to the very left disconnect those & tape them up keeping them separated .
    If there are 4 wires connected to all 4 terminals then take the terminals as 1 on the left & 4 on the right.
    Disconnect 1 & 3 & join together and disconnect 2 & 4 & join together.
    Make sure to tape these up well or put into spare connector blocks.
    (there may be some over the PCB Board.
    Your alarm will show permanent line fault now but it shouldn't keep alerting you.
    Also if there were 4 cables used now check your landline is working OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 marts

KoolKid wrote: »
    No Problem.
    Basically whats you are looking for is whether there are 2 or 4 wires connected on the PCB to the very left

If there are just two connections to the very left disconnect those & tape them up keeping them separated .
    If there are 4 wires connected to all 4 terminals then take the terminals as 1 on the left & 4 on the right.
    Disconnect 1 & 3 & join together and disconnect 2 & 4 & join together.
    Make sure to tape these up well or put into spare connector blocks.
    (there may be some over the PCB Board.
    Your alarm will show permanent line fault now but it shouldn't keep alerting you.
    Also if there were 4 cables used now check your landline is working OK.

Thank you so much for your helpful information. We opened the dialler as described and there were 4 wires connected into 2 terminals (2 together in each terminal 1 and 2 left to right).
    We have treated it as 2 and taped them. We've just put the lid back on and Alarm box does read the Fault Telecom as you said.... Fingers crossed we've done it correctly and have a beep free night....
    Regards,
    Mx

• Registered Users Posts: 5 marts

altor wrote: »
    The system is measuring voltage on the line, if this drops off it will flag a line fault.
    Is your alarm given priority over other phones in the house?

I'm sorry, I've no idea which gets priority. My line (dial tone) was dropping off and when the beeping started if I rang the landline it was like it reset and stopped. My service provider ran a check on the line and said there's no fault yet I've no Internet...... Weird huh??? We have followed the steps as described by KoolKid and hopefully that'll solve the problem temporarily until we get to the bottom of the real problem... Thanks again.. Martina

I'm sorry, I've no idea which gets priority. My line (dial tone) was dropping off and when the beeping started if I rang the landline it was like it reset and stopped. My service provider ran a check on the line and said there's no fault yet I've no Internet...... Weird huh??? We have followed the steps as described by KoolKid and hopefully that'll solve the problem temporarily until we get to the bottom of the real problem... Thanks again.. Martina

If its as described then line priority was not given.
    What this means is the main line goes into the panel then out to other phones giving the alarm priority.

If you have no internet then you may have an external issue with the line which is causing your problem in the first place. Id get back onto your service provider as you are now without any type of self monitoring on the alarm system plus your internet is down. Once they fix the problem you can reconnect the wires back in the way there where or ask your engineer to give the alarm system priority.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Basically , you had no line priority set up ( Or Line Seizure as we call it) Where you had the 2 pairs wired together, the live pair should have went into line & the other pair to phone. This is to prevent a line being kept nuzy or taken off the hook to prevent an outgoing call.

Anyway, glad to have got you sorted. Enjoy a good nights sleep.;)

PS. When your line is sorted it would be no harm to put a broadband filter on the line into the alarm.
    330_product_medium.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dailigh

Hi - would really appreciate an Astec 63 installation manual. Looks like I have to replace a faulty shock sensor.

Hi
    Unfortunately Boards.ie no longer allow us to share manuals here. You would need to contact a licensed installer.
    You can change a sensor without needing the manual. If the sensor has a contact built in you will need a 680 ohm resistor to convert it to work with the Astec system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

We can't share engineering codes

We can link to official manufacturers website public links to technical data.

However many manufacturers have either gone bust or don't have installation manuals available for public download.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 onthesod

Does anyone have a control panel for an Astec 63dv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

onthesod wrote: »

Like hen's teeth now as they're long obsolete.

Have a look on adverts.
    Here is a link, for one.

Whats the problem with the one you have?

Have a look on adverts.
    Here is a link, for one.

Thanks mate.

Whats the problem with the one you have?

Lightning strike fried the control panel (again), It happened again about 3 years ago and I was fortunate enough to get a replacement panel and I got it fixed. I was probably pushing my luck to get another but it was worth a shot.

Thanks mate.

No problem.
    Lightning strike fried the control panel (again), It happened again about 3 years ago and I was fortunate enough to get a replacement panel and I got it fixed. I was probably pushing my luck to get another but it was worth a shot.

Did it get it through the phone line?

Think I have a couple of old ones around or an Astec Fusion that might get you our of the hole.
    The GSD i1070 also allows you to upgrade and keep your existing window and door sensors.

No problem.

Did it get it through the phone line?

Not really sure how it came in, The Lightening struck very close by (approx. 100 yards). It blew a plug out of the wall beside the phone port and fried the phone so I am not sure which it came in, could it have come in along both?

Think I have a couple of old ones around or an Astec Fusion that might get you our of the hole.
    The GSD i1070 also allows you to upgrade and keep your existing window and door sensors.

GSD i1070 - is that another alarm system? I would say my mom, it was in her house it happened, might be more interested in going down that road.

If you have an old one or two around that would be great if you could let me know?

Yes, Its a great system for upgrading Astec systems
    http://globalsecurity.ie/gsdi-10-70-hybrid-alarm-panel/#page
    Its inputs can be configured for Astec sensors & contacts so there's no need to replace everything.
    Happy to dig out an old Astec PCB for you if it helps you in the mean time. Where are you located?

• Advertisement

Yes, Its a great system for upgrading Astec systems
    http://globalsecurity.ie/gsdi-10-70-hybrid-alarm-panel/#page
    Its inputs can be configured for Astec sensors & contacts so there's no need to replace everything.
    Happy to dig out an old Astec PCB for you if it helps you in the mean time. Where are you located?

Thanks for that KK, I am in West Limerick. Do you know of an installer that fits that system down our way?

Not offhand. If you contact GSD they will put you in contact with licenced installers in your area.

Not really sure how it came in, The Lightening struck very close by (approx. 100 yards). It blew a plug out of the wall beside the phone port and fried the phone so I am not sure which it came in, could it have come in along both?

Sounds like it was through the phone line.
    If upgrading Id advise upgrading the whole system.
    Sensors off the old Astec system as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Looking for engineer manual please for my astec 63 if anyone has a link.

Unfortunately Boards.ie no longer allow us to help you here with engineer manuals or code.
    As Astec is now an obsolete system your best bet would be to contact an installer.
    However if you tell me what problem you are having I'll try to help you with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Gilma2010

Hi - my Astec 63 alarm is 14 years old. Since the power cut yesterday I cannot do anything with it - the panel just displays a C and I can't set it at all. The buttons don't do anything. Does anyone that posted here still have access to the engineers manual or can recommend an alarm company? I realise it's obsolete but I'm hoping for some help! Many thanks all.

A good installer may get it back to life.
    It's a comms fault between the panel and keypad.
    A power cycle or default will often sort it.

Gilma2010 wrote: »
    Hi - my Astec 63 alarm is 14 years old. Since the power cut yesterday I cannot do anything with it - the panel just displays a C and I can't set it at all. The buttons don't do anything. Does anyone that posted here still have access to the engineers manual or can recommend an alarm company? I realise it's obsolete but I'm hoping for some help! Many thanks all.

We cant supply codes or manuals re the charter.

I would try the power cycle, battery and mains disconnected as if the panel comes up with same after this you would be looking to replace the control panel.

Seen some on adverts so that would be a place to look if it does not come back on correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Forgewire

Hi folks. I’m looking to upgrade my broadband to SIRO and Vodafone said that installation will disconnect my Astec 63DV from copper landline and set it off.
    Is this true or not? I rang alarm company and fella told me that alarm won’t go off when landline disconnected. Anyone knows what would happen?

• Advertisement

It should not activate unless the panel is opened. If will however show line fault when the voltage is removed from the line.

Advertisement