Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help Please - Astec 63 - Installation/Engineering Manual

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cmckeating

KoolKid wrote: »
    If moisture was causing a short it should display tamper EOL. Probably a faulty device or a bad connection somewhere

Thanks . So classic wear and tear I'm guessing - the system is 7 years old with no issues to date.

I'm guessing one solution would be to check all contacts and replace every box cover. Not cheap, and probably more expensive than getting someone in .. However, bad news is that engineer code has been changed and I can't get through to installing engineer (Retec security) - hoping he's just turned his phone off for Christmas and he'll be back on the grid tomorrow.

Question for the Astec experts - and I can't find the answer in the engineers manual. I've an infrared sensor that I've had covered up for years due to a four-legged friend joining the household. Its now started triggered during FULL and PART set periodically - not sure why.

Its set up to be included in both FULL and PART set - unlike a second infrared in the hall, which is excluded from PART set. I'd like to exclude the other infrared from the FULL and PART set, but I can't find that command in the manual.

Any advice?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

cmckeating wrote: »
    Thanks . So classic wear and tear I'm guessing - the system is 7 years old with no issues to date.

I'm guessing one solution would be to check all contacts and replace every box cover. Not cheap, and probably more expensive than getting someone in .. However, bad news is that engineer code has been changed and I can't get through to installing engineer (Retec security) - hoping he's just turned his phone off for Christmas and he'll be back on the grid tomorrow.

A great life if hes able to turn the phone off????
    Licencing rules mean you must have a 24 hour number I believe.
    Don't know if you got sorted or not. But its probably just a matter of finding one faulty device.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

cmckeating wrote: »
    Question for the Astec experts - and I can't find the answer in the engineers manual. I've an infrared sensor that I've had covered up for years due to a four-legged friend joining the household. Its now started triggered during FULL and PART set periodically - not sure why.

Its set up to be included in both FULL and PART set - unlike a second infrared in the hall, which is excluded from PART set. I'd like to exclude the other infrared from the FULL and PART set, but I can't find that command in the manual.

Any advice?

Best way is to put it on soak test. Command 87 then some number , type: infred & set to YES.
    Or delete it altogether. Disconnect the cables from the device , goto command 70 & rescan the PiRs . It will now only show the one thats still connected.Press Set to accept.

Perfect - thanks mate. I'll give that a blast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Lhisland12

Any chance you would send me that installation manual, my Astec 63d is going off randomly for a week now, maybe battery fault, thanks.

PMed you that manual. What is displaying when you disarm the system after an activation?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ehealo

Hi all. I too cold do with a copy of the Installation manual for the AZTEC intruder alarm. It would be greatly appreciated.

I Pmed you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 peterk2016

Hi all,

I recently moved into a my new house, which has an astec 63 alarm fitted. I reconnected it to the power and brought it back to life, had to reset it to factory settings so I could disable it as the old code was unknown. Now I am looking for the engineering manual to reprogram it to use until I can fit an new system.

Thanks in advance,
    Peter

• Advertisement

Hi Peter
    I have PMed you that manual.

Thanks a million, fingers crossed it will all go smoothly have a feeling it is on its last legs

Peter

Hi KoolKid, thanks for you help.

The only issue i have now is a tamper lid fault after I opened the box and cant seem to get rid of it.

Peter

Check the the white cover of the tamper spring is right behind the hole where the pin on the inside of the lid lines up. Its just below the holder for the left plastic screw.

I can see the spring through the hole and it is lined up with the pin of the upper cover but still no joy. The spring looks like it has seen better days. Is it done by pressure? Would there be a way to trick it into thinking the tamper has be fixed. Would another reset with the lower cover installed help?

Im scratching my head with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

peterk2016 wrote: »
    I can see the spring through the hole and it is lined up with the pin of the upper cover but still no joy. The spring looks like it has seen better days. Is it done by pressure? Would there be a way to trick it into thinking the tamper has be fixed. Would another reset with the lower cover installed help?

Im scratching my head with this one.

The spring should have a white button pushed into the top of it. When you remove the cover this goes off centre, you need to recentre it before putting the cover back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Landtech

Hi,
    Also having problems with Astec 63 alarm panel. Getting LED display, 15 Call Engineer, 22 Call Engineer intermittently. Cannot seem to set the alarm using the User Code as I do not hear the buzzer for arming. Also tested bells option on alarm panel and cannot hear outside bell ringing so may have a problem with outside bell.
    Copy of Engineering manual would be appreciated if available

PMed you that manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Davwalsh03

Hi KoolKid, I was wondering if you could PM me the engineers manual for the astec alarm please?

Thank you so much for your help in advance

PMed you that manual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Davwalsh03

Thank you so much for your help. Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rafal1976

Hi KoolKid, I was wondering if you could PM me the engineers manual for the Astec 63D please?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rafal1976

Hi KoolKid, I was wondering if you could PM me the engineers manual for the Astec 63D please?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Rafal1976 wrote: »

Thank you

Whats the issue you are having?

Rafal1976 wrote: »

Thank you

PMed you that manual. If you need any help come back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 marts

Hi.
    I'm in bother also with my Aztec alarm.My telephone line is down atm and because I'm not with Eircom directly I may have to wait to get sorted. I have messaged my engineer but am awaiting a reply. However I'm fearful this is going to be beeping all night. Can any advice (simply please - I'm not very tech savvy) how I can bypass the dialer?
    Thanks in advance

If it's beeping for line fault press clear and enter your code to silence it.

If it's beeping for line fault press clear and enter your code to silence it.

Sorry for delayed reply... I've been on to my engineer and he suggested that too however when I do that the alarm sets. Pressing clear alone silences the beeping temporarily and then it starts again after a few minutes. I have been on to my service provider and they say theres no fault in our area. It is strange though as it only happens during the day and not at night (Thank God!!) Anyway, I thought that I could find a way to bypass the dialer so that the alarm would still work if needed but that it just wouldn't ring me... It appears I can't according to the engineer.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Martina

Can you open the panel and tell me what connections are on the dialler. The first 4 terminals from the left hand side.

• Advertisement

Can you open the panel and tell me what connections are on the dialler. The first 4 terminals from the left hand side.

I spoke too soon and put in a terrible night of the beeping almost every half hour..... Unfortunately I'm at work atm... I will be home tonight and will do as you asked and refer back...... Regards M

Advertisement