Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overly demanding tenant

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Sleepy wrote: »
    username_x, will the deposit cover the level of damage / theft? Or are you going to have to chase her in court?

This is where I would draw the line and leave it be tbh. Unless we are talking about significant damage, Id just take the deposit and not pursue it futher. By the sounds of what has been described, a months deposit should cover it, and if it falls short by a small amount then that is where I would be asking if its worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

This thread doesn't add up to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Well done OP! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭ronjo

Valentine1 wrote: »
    This thread doesn't add up to me.

Thanks for sharing that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I know it's the wrong thing to do but I'd give her back her deposit, the less time you spend on this crazy lady the better, she will have time to make up all kinds of alligations about you and your house. You'll endup spending your time money and energy defending yourself, call it quits, learn from it, pick better tennants next time and move on. Enjoy life!

You obviously know nothing about psychology. If you give her back her deposit, she'll see you as a soft touch and come after you for god knows what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

professore wrote: »
    You obviously know nothing about psychology. If you give her back her deposit, she'll see you as a soft touch and come after you for god knows what.

What on Earth has psychology got to do with it???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

lukesmom wrote: »
    What on Earth has psychology got to do with it???

A lot in this case I would have thought. Let her think that you are a soft touch and she might start thinking that she has other battles that she can win (possibly illegal eviction, which would cause the OP a lot of hassle). Stand firm and let her know that you are in the dominant position and will take no **** and she might just realise that she is beaten and go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

ronjo wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing that

merely making the point that I don't feel everything in this thread makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭ronjo

merely making the point that I don't feel everything in this thread makes sense.

Fair enough.

Will you share?

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Valentine1 can you refrain from posting ambiguous observations. By all means contribute to the conversation, but please be constructive.

Morri

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

This was an epic read -> Write a book Op, i'd illegally download it day 1 :P

This thread was a learning experience for myself and the Op. I'm sure for many others too, along with an epic story attached to it. Props to y'all. This is how they should teach you in school

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

And closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement