Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same Sex Marriage (Poll on The Journal)

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

hansfrei wrote: »
    Spelt his name wrong

in·ten·tion·al

/ɪnˈtɛnthinsp.pngʃəthinsp.pngnl/ Show Spelled [in-ten-shuh-nl] Show IPA
    adjective 1. done with intention or on purpose; intended: an intentional insult.

2. of or pertaining to intention or purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,166 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Very possible. The only reasoned response I've read so far.

That;s probably because you're selectiviely reading most of these responcs, and completly ignoreing all the others.

Oh, if you ask me what you're "not" reading, I'll just link you back to the unanswered questions you requested and then ignored nd the link to a story that had nothing to do with marriage equality thay you pretended answered everything (even thoug you yourself did not read it).

In fact, no, I won't - you, along with everyone else here, know exactly what questions and what link so if you play dumb, it'll just leave this as my last word and proof that you really have no idea what you're talking about, no sensible objections to the idea and no real interest in educating yourself.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Terry1985 wrote: »
    Rubbish.
    You're focusing on individuals rather than large scale psychological studies
    How can you test that on an individual basis?

Hmm... So you tell one poster off for focussing on individuals rather than large scale studies, and then when you're shown the large scale studies, you ask how can they test on an individual basis?

Would you like to take a 50/50 or phone a friend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Hmm... So you tell one poster off for focussing on individuals rather than large scale studies, and then when you're shown the large scale studies, you ask how can they test on an individual basis?

Would you like to take a 50/50 or phone a friend?

Can we simplify?:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Weren't you criticising this kind of comment two minutes earlier? Pantomime thread is pantomime because of.posts like this.

Essentially the pantomime comes from those posters & serial derailers who seek to turn the thread into what it is not. You know the type "I'm not allowed to speak about this/what about polygamy/incest/animals/Barbapapa etc".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Go on and post those studies there
    It will take him a while to sift through the I-moan-a Institute's site. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭hansfrei

That;s probably because you're selectiviely reading most of these responcs, and completly ignoreing all the others.

Oh, if you ask me what you're "not" reading, I'll just link you back to the unanswered questions you requested and then ignored nd the link to a story that had nothing to do with marriage equality thay you pretended answered everything (even thoug you yourself did not read it).

In fact, no, I won't - you, along with everyone else here, know exactly what questions and what link so if you play dumb, it'll just leave this as my last word and proof that you really have no idea what you're talking about, no sensible objections to the idea and no real interest in educating yourself.

Jealous? Someone brings reason into the debate to counter your blatant lying and misdirection and I get a completely OTT post like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭hansfrei

It will take him a while to sift through the I-moan-a Institute's site. :rolleyes:

Is that Iona?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

oldrnwisr and Czarcasm, whatever about your views (which I 100% agree with), that's some really awesome posting*. Rarely do you get such well referenced points in After Hours.

*I'm not saying others are making less valid points, but this is some journal-quality ****. :P

You're the one reducing people to body parts.
    A mother and a father have significantly different roles in child development, each bringing completely different skills, perspectives and child rearing approaches.

Says who? I know plenty of people who are single parents and their kids are doing just fine. My own cousin (who happens to be bi) brought her daughter up (daughter hetero and excelling in college).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,166 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Jealous? Someone brings reason into the debate to counter your blatant lying and misdirection and I get a completely OTT post like this.

Em... well, Q.E.D. folks and I'm otu of here.

Someone PM me if he actually does respond with reason, because there's nothing really more I need to add.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Em... well, Q.E.D. folks and I'm otu of here.

Someone PM me if he actually does respond with reason, because there's nothing really more I need to add.

Don't let the haters get to you, Princess. Otherwise they win.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

And that's all we have time for this month. Tune in for December's same sex marriage thread for the same arguments, insults, infractions, bannings and definitions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement