Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for a friend in a pub

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

cml387 wrote: »
    All I meant to suggest was that women in pubs, sitting on their own may sometimes get unwanted attention.

I would have thought (maybe times have moved on) that if someone is insisting on engaging in conversation even though it is unwanted, then that might be considered, well, a bit sad.

However, if hassling women in pubs is now the thing, well call me Mr. Wrong.
    But a guy going over to start a chat with a woman isn't a saddo just for doing that. It depends on how he conducts himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

MadsL wrote: »
    I used to wait in pub, but the tips were terrible.

You were lucky. I dream of waiting in a pub. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

Christ, it's a wonder how anyone manages to go out the front door without company these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Doesn't happen too often but I don't like it when it does.

Although my theory is that mobile phones are to blame. Some people feel it excuses them from being on time, as they can just "send a text" to say they are going to be late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I can't abide lateness. I just don't abide it anymore. I give people 15 mins and if they haven't shown up by then, I leave. How feckin hard is it just to be on time?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I always have my e reader on me because I am early for meeting people pretty much most of the time. Always having something to read is great for us perennially early folks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I love sitting at the bar on my own, you end up chatting to loads of people who ramble up to get drinks.

I was in Copenhagen a few months ago in such a situation, waiting for some friends to arrive. Some Danish drunk guy came up to me and started chatting with me. He asked where I was from and I told him I was from Ireland. For some reason he confused Ireland with Israel, so he started going mad at me for what my country was doing to the Palestinians. Once he realised his error, he invited me back to his table and insisted on buying me a number of drinks. Ended up getting on well with the group, who became de-facto tour guides of Copenhagen for us over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭magicman88

Waited met them now they gone again soon return aah

Advertisement