Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scariest game evrar!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

HL2 Ravenholm. Those fast moving climbing ****ers.

Every.damn.time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I was banned from playing Final Fantasy VII when my younger brother was in the room after multiple incidents where he would be terrified of a piece of music or something that happened in the game.

This piece of music freaked the **** out of me when I was younger, mainly because of the weird chanting sound and the atmosphere in the Nibelheim mansion.

This also freaked me out. I can remember not playing the game for a week because I couldn't beat the boss and was getting scared of the face. The combination of the creepy music and demonic face was too much.

7qcAbg.jpg

Eventually after watching me play for a week, he had a nightmare that he woke up and there was a trail of blood leading from my bed, down the stairs and out the door where he said a monster was holding my head. Just my head. So yeah.....had to reel it in there for a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Condemned: Criminal Origins

Playing it in the dark with a headset on definitely was not a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Bowser laughing when i tried to enter that door at the top of the stairs in Super Mario 64

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Alone in the Dark (which I've just realised was 21 bloody years ago!). It was my first game after I'd bought a sound card, and the sound of the floorboards creaking, or the music changing when you were in danger (even if you didn't know it yet) really got me!

Great game actually, it used camera angles effectively, you could walk into a room and the angle might change to show you in the doorway, you'd have to walk in further to see what was actually in the room. Quite scary, especially if that danger music had started when you entered the room. :)

J.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Resident evil

I still remember it like it was yesterday.

I was playing the PS1 ( latest console back then ) - It was late at night and I'm playing in my room.. house is very quite.

I was walking up a corridor of an abandoned building.

The windows where boarded up... and out of no were ---- BANG Zombie arms through the windows --- I screamed.

I've never played Resident evil since. ( i'm 30 now lol )

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

system shock 2, booted it up over the weekend and got to my first encounter with a hybrid and had to turn it off. nearly shat bricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Can we refer everyone to the thread that has been going on for the last 2 weeks called

"Scariest games evrar" which is exactly the same thing and has nearly 100 posts, I don't see why we keep reposting the same things ....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057067344

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

system shock 2, booted it up over the weekend and got to my first encounter with a hybrid and had to turn it off. nearly shat bricks.

...we arrrre...we arrrre....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I am very proud of myself. I played almost 3h of SH2 last night. Got as far as
    Hospital, I was doing quite well on ammo and med kits. Haf like 100 bullets after Piramid head. Half of ammo wnet down went I got scared like a little piggy on second floor of hospital. All those damn nurses! Feck!

I have to say that when you start playing, you do realise it is a PS2 game, but just few minutes in you dont even notice it anymore. You take it as artistic touch, not an old game. It really aged quite well. I watched some HD remake on youtube and I understand why is it so bad. There is no proper Fog in Remake. Its way too damn polished!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The original Half Life was damned scary, there was so many times I'd be slowly walking down corridors and you'd hear a noise and I'd have to build up the courage to continue. I haven't come across a scene in a game that builds like the two headed thing.

I think I was just young enough at the time to buy into it hook line a sinker. I'm too jaded as a 30 year old gamer to have that kind of experience again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

coupla bloody freaky bits in the original Max Payne iirc

/shudder

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

"You're in a Graphic Novel!"

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Zillah wrote: »
    ...we arrrre...we arrrre....
    *wrench to face*

Advertisement