Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM thread, merged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Enduro wrote: »
    I know you're probably joking, but I ran my best marathon after eating a very large Indian curry! It's great food. Far better than pasta junk for sure.

much nicer too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

thewolf_ie wrote: »
    See attached!

White socks with black shoes ???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

portaloos at every water station

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Figlen

Halleluyah!

That's brilliant news.

Thanks, RayCun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Can people not read the marathon webpage for this info?

Are we just getting more lazy. Side effect of boards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Or how about just post it in the DCM thread ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056896382

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

the Dublin marathon facebook page is chronic for this...."What time is the dart from Greystones on Monday morning?"...like, C'MON!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yeah the new thread for every question is a bit of a pain at this stage....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Anyone know what type of jellies etc people will be handing out on route? :rolleyes:

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Anyone know what type of jellies etc people will be handing out on route? :rolleyes:

Do you have any preferance. 9 miles is about the right spot to take on a couple of bags if you want me to grab some for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Between miles 13 and 16 you will get lots of sweaty jellies out of the hands of kids. And you'll be glad of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Figlen

menoscemo wrote: »
    Or how about just post it in the DCM thread ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056896382

Apologies, I am quite new to boards and had seen that thread but didn't realise that that was the place for this type of question.

As I said in my post, I do not see that information on the DCM website. Hence my coming here, where I know there people who can answer my question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

dont worry figlen , meno and racoon are moany fcukers anyway.....

ultraman1 wrote: »
    dont worry figlen , meno and racoon a moany fcukers anyway.....

Do you not have a question about DCM 2016 to be asking somewhere?

any ideas racoon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

any ideas racoon

It might be your last supper if you don't stop winding people up. ;)

whatever it is, it should be followed by loads of guilt free junk

any ideas racoon

I'm happy to smash a stool in your face in McGrattans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

I hope you mean a barstool? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

hardCopy wrote: »
    My big concern is what to have for my post race endulgence.

Last year we went to TGI Friday's last year which sadly disappointed on two counts:
    1. They have long stairs down to the restaurant
    2. My burger was dry

Our plan for this year was to have an oversized massaman curry from our local Chinese/Thai Take Away. This place has sadly closed in recent weeks.

Can anyone recommend a source of good massaman curry that delivers to Cabra on bank holidays? Diep@Home excluded.

Haven't read the rest of the thread so this might already have been answered, but the Camile in Phibsborough does a very decent massaman curry (actually everything it does is very decent) and delivers to Cabra.

EDIT - I see someone answered two posts later!

Should also mention if you order online and are getting two or more mains you can enter the code "DISCOUNT" and get the second main for €1 ;) (by the way I'm not associated with them in any way, I just came across that voucher at home yesterday while tidying up so it's fresh in my mind)

I tink dey are only lettin runners in on monday,,,ill see u at the trizone
    ....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

MisterDrak wrote: »
    White socks with black shoes ???

There was a day when it did matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

is it possible to get someone else to register for you. Previously you could sign your print out and someone else could collect your number. Whats the story now. Nothing on FAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Yeah you just need their acceptance slip and a signed note giving permission for them to pick it up (though you might not be asked for this)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Simple question really, is it being televised tomorrow.

Being rte not expecting half a day coverage like the BBC does for London, but perhaps a little bit of build up, the pro's, and some focus on all the other runners.

Considering now that it has a sponsor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Has been discussed at length in previous threads, but the bottom line, is no, it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mara_throway

Sorry didn't see this thread... I have a dilemna

Seemingly I signed up to be in wave 2, but my goal time has shrunk since.

I wanted to take advantage of the 3,30 pacers, but now I can't. I was also told today that I could not more forward only backwards in the waves. (People with green bibs won't be allowed into the first wave starting area supposedly)

Has anybody any experience with this?

Should I:
    (a) Grin and bear the disadvantage

(b) Try make it into the first wave starting area, running the risk of potentially messing my official time up (If you can move back I don't see this as a possibility)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Sorry didn't see this thread... I have a dilemna

Seemingly I signed up to be in wave 2, but my goal time has shrunk since.

I wanted to take advantage of the 3,30 pacers, but now I can't. I was also told today that I could not more forward only backwards in the waves. (People with green bibs won't be allowed into the first wave starting area supposedly)

Has anybody any experience with this?

Should I:
    (a) Grin and bear the disadvantage

(b) Try make it into the first wave starting area, running the risk of potentially messing my official time up (If you can move back I don't see this as a possibility)

Yup...grin and bear it would be the way to go. Not really possible or advisable to move forward. This question has been addressed ad nauseum in other threads on DCM. The bottom line is- the waves are there for the safety and comfort of everyone- its pretty freaking annoying how in nearly every mass participation race bunches of slow, delusional people place themselves too far up the field and nearly get themselves plowed over in the process- creating potential hazards for themselves and others. Fairplay to the DCM organisers for adopting a fairly strict policy and sticking to it. The only change I would want is that people should have to provide proof of times (i.e. HM or previous mara) to start in the quicker waves.

Yes, I have seen numerous groups of elderly women in the Frank Duffy and Half starting far too far up...

Well I'm a capable 24 year old and I'm going to try get into the first wave. If they have me arrested so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Yes, I have seen numerous groups of elderly women in the Frank Duffy and Half starting far too far up...

Well I'm a capable 24 year old and I'm going to try get into the first wave. If they have me arrested so be it.

Grand. Whats your most recent race time? Plenty of 24 year olds starting races up too high....

• Advertisement

I ran the half (calmly due to the heat) in 1.43 something. And the Frank Duffy in 1.13.

Advertisement