Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM thread, merged

Options
  • 22-10-2013 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

This might be of interest to anyone looking for accomodation for DCM.I just cancelled a double room in the leeson inn for sunday and monday night if you want to check out booking.com, it should be available now or very soon. Was only €93 for the 2 nights. Fairly basic hotel but very close to start/finish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Mos Eisley

Can anyone recommend somewhere to eat in the Ranelagh on sunday night? I'm staying in that area but am not familiar with resturants etc. Im thinking of a pasta dish of some kind. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Mos Eisley wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somewhere to eat in the Ranelagh on sunday night? I'm staying in that area but am not familiar with resturants etc. Im thinking of a pasta dish of some kind. Thanks

eat at lunchtime if you can, white meat not red. Loads of places to eat in Ranelagh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

RayCun wrote: »
    eat at lunchtime if you can, white meat not red. Loads of places to eat in Ranelagh

Why lunch time? Always found eating between 5pm - 7pm was the best and bed by 8:30.

Why lunch time? Always found eating between 5pm - 7pm was the best and bed by 8:30.

Give it plenty of time to clear the system :)
    Big lunch, light supper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭crisco10

Lots of places in Ranelagh alright.

If It were me, I would go to Tribeca or Marios. Can get something relatively simple there. Tribeca do some okay salads too if you wanted to keep it a bit lighter.

Would avoid the butchers block (too much Red meat) or Cinnamon (quite rich "fancy" food) or Kinara kitchen (spicy, (amazing) heavy indian!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Hotel for DCM, where to eat in ranelagh for DCM, checklist for DCM......by saturday will we have 30 seperate threads on the front page? Getting a bit boring; surely this would be better in the main event thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

menoscemo wrote: »
    Hotel for DCM, where to eat in ranelagh for DCM, checklist for DCM......by saturday will we have 30 seperate threads on the front page? Getting a bit boring; surely this would be better in the main event thread?

What clothes should I wear to DCM? I'm not running, just going to spectate, any recommendations? ;)

pconn062 wrote: »
    What clothes should I wear to DCM? I'm not running, just going to spectate, any recommendations? ;)

We need a separate thread for DCM weather forecasts to help answer your question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Mos Eisley

Cheers lads. Sorry if I posted in the wrong area. I have all the info I need now so no need to worry about another 30 ****e posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

This thread could be converted into a running/foodie thread i.e. best recovery food = burrito from Pablo Picante, must try list after a race = Cheescake on S. William St. (they only serve cheesecake!), best Ice Cream= Murphys etc etc...

On topic though- my carbie recs in SCD would be

Pizza= Paulies, Base or Don Mimi on the North Strand(Northside alert!)
    Pasta= Any of the Mick Wallace joints (I go to Torino in Inchicore) Manefesto in Rathmines or Pinnochio in Ranleagh are also pretty good

Best Chips= Beshoffs right next to the Mespil.

Anyway- you can tell my brain is only really thinking about food right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 bluebo

hi all

just wondering what you are all eating this weekend and any suggestions for carb loading please
    :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057067343

Sometimes it helps to have a look around before launching a thread.

apologies menoscemo .. only reading this now.. i am prob the culprit..:(

apologies.. drq.. have already realised the error in my ways... thank you and apologies... brain tunnel vision at the moment:)

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

menoscemo won't be happy ;)

already apologised to him on another thread... phew... calm calm ... am still curious what ye are all eating he he :)

bluebo wrote: »
    apologies menoscemo .. only reading this now.. i am prob the culprit..:(

If you're looking for suggestions on what to eat..

I'm going with a bowl of pasta and a chicken fillet, around 6pm.

I've been told not to over eat, so keep that in mind. Don't eat till you can't move etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

M.J.M.C wrote: »

I've been told not to over eat, so keep that in mind. Don't eat till you can't move etc

Sorry but when is it ever a good idea to do this? :confused:

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Sorry but when is it ever a good idea to do this? :confused:

I intend on doing it Monday night :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I'd go for a nice bit of pasta with shellfish in a cream sauce. Can't go wrong there :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

PaulieC wrote: »
    I'd go for a nice bit of pasta with shellfish in a cream sauce. Can't go wrong there :rolleyes:

A curry from the new Chinese that opens on Sunday night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

My big concern is what to have for my post race endulgence.

Last year we went to TGI Friday's last year which sadly disappointed on two counts:
    1. They have long stairs down to the restaurant
    2. My burger was dry

Our plan for this year was to have an oversized massaman curry from our local Chinese/Thai Take Away. This place has sadly closed in recent weeks.

Can anyone recommend a source of good massaman curry that delivers to Cabra on bank holidays? Diep@Home excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I have some oysters that have been in the back of the freezer for months now. They've survived a few power-cuts and smell a bit, but I reckon covered with enough brown sauce, I won't notice. Food of champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

hardCopy wrote: »
    My big concern is what to have for my post race endulgence.

Last year we went to TGI Friday's last year which sadly disappointed on two counts:
    1. They have long stairs down to the restaurant
    2. My burger was dry

Our plan for this year was to have an oversized massaman curry from our local Chinese/Thai Take Away. This place has sadly closed in recent weeks.

Can anyone recommend a source of good massaman curry that delivers to Cabra on bank holidays? Diep@Home excluded.

Camille in Phibsborough does a nice (connemara) lamb Massaman.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

See attached!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

Milanos in ranelagh, horse in a load of pizza and pasta. get high fat meals to ensure you don't start triggering insulin - so no dessert.

Milanos in ranelagh, horse in a load of pizza and pasta. get high fat meals to ensure you don't start triggering insulin - so no dessert.

Would not recommend Milanos or high fat meals before a marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Eat what you always eat prior to a long run. Just eat a bit extra

• Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Enduro

I know you're probably joking, but I ran my best marathon after eating a very large Indian curry! It's great food. Far better than pasta junk for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Figlen

Hi there,

Just wondering does anyone know if there are toilet facilities provided along the route of the DCM?

I have been plagued by issues with my guts and one (amongst a few other) issue I had during the Half a few weeks ago was needing to go, but there being no facilities.

It made the last few miles of my first race pretty damn unpleasant, and I would be more than happy to spend a minute or two relieving myself rather than carry on in discomfort.

There's no indication of toilets on the official map and I don't see info on the main website.

Thanks.

Advertisement