Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Tour de France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

Greg Lemond, TVs worst interviewer? Marcel Kittel really carried him through, seems a great guy. Chris Froome must have been wondering WTF?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

velo.2010 wrote: »
    I just signed up for the ES Player for the month, I hope this isn't a forerunner of what to expect. That said, they've done well to get all the main players backstage. I guess they used Greg as a lure to get them for interview.

I'm sure the production for the racing parts will be better! Never had a gripe with it before. They run a lot of ads at the start of stages, they get it all out of the way before the actual racing begins. The only problem is that the graphics are often wrong, but that's the fault of the host broadcaster rather than ES

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

LeMond shouldn't be allowed near a microphone!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Richard Moore said that that was what LeMond was like alright...What were they thinking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭PJD

And another thing- English is Le Mond's first language! The poor spanish/german/italians etc are doing a better job of it than him!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Stop giving Greg Le Mond a hard time....I like his approach ,,,he is a down to earth guy

Its on ITV4 now

Wow all top GC guys are even thinner than usual

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pab01

Not seen it on eurosport but itv not great either. Overall production of presentation and entertainment acts better than giro at belfast but get impression audience somewhat muted, and not a patch on belfast

MPFG wrote: »
    Stop giving Greg Le Mond a hard time....I like his approach ,,,he is a down to earth guy

Its on ITV4 now

Wow all top GC guys are even thinner than usual

Greg's a nice guy and all but he's an absolutely atrocious speaker..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Frig me that team presentation was a snooze fest, can't believe those suckers paid to be in threaudience. Yorkshire folk are a bloody glum bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭fergie24

Awful from Eurosport. Worst team presentation ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

godtabh wrote: »
    Its all about Oleg

Pfft copying Longford cycling road club gear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Ryath

Idleater wrote: »
    Pfft copying Longford cycling road club gear ;)

Did they not copy Lucan? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Big difference between the boos Contador got in 2011 at the presentation and the cheers tonight. I guess he's found redemption.

But Contador sums the whole doping thing up. He got busted, but seems like a descent lad, a proper exiting racer and despite myself I'll be rooting for him and when he attacks , as I always do I'll shout "go on Bertie" at the telly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Ryath wrote: »

Lucan is not fluorescent enough. There's far too much blue going on with Lucan :D

Noticed how slim Contador is and Froome is slimmer than at Dauphine but Valverde is barely there at all :eek::eek:
    If you are not super thin you may as well go home

Bertie also has side burns ...must be a omen
    Laughed at how fast he got away from the Eurosport interview :D
    Noticed no sign of Bjarne Riis in any of the team shots, reccs or hotel/plane pictures...He must be hiding in a back room with a crystal ball a dot matrix printer and and some vodoo dolls

Bardet, Peraud , Mollema & Horner are also super thin...I guess unless you are like them it will be impossible to keep up

I did think Le Mond's question to Froome re Wiggo was rambling....he seems unsure how to put it but otherwise I liked him ...at least he asked it
    As for the presentation....Its just a group of guys with bikes standing on stage for a few minutes ...it is what it is...hard to make it any better IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

It could be made better by more poontang.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Ryath wrote: »

Zat voz ze joke
    :)

<mcbain/ >

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Nico has been given the use of a rather tasty bit of kit for the Tour...

http://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/pro-bike-nicholas-roches-new-specialized-tarmac-s-works-mclaren.html

No excuses now.... :)

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Nico has been given the use of a rather tasty bit of kit for the Tour...

http://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/pro-bike-nicholas-roches-new-specialized-tarmac-s-works-mclaren.html

No excuses now.... :)

it costs £20K...wow ....how come Nico got it I wonder

He looks to be in good form....looks far better than he did in the Giro IMO...

When is the diary starting I wonder

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Or those with a real chance aren't taking a risk on a new bike;)

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    Or those with a real chance aren't taking a risk on a new bike;)

You mean Contador doesn't want a new bike ....I can see that

but surely the others in TCS are int he same boat as Nico and anyway its state of the art bike it is supposed to be an improvement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Its a birthday present.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

His diary is in the paper today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Eurosport are already annoying me.

Back to Nederland 1.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

He mentioned in an interview that he took out a policy on it in case he bins it.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM3kJU1y8dI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Should be a great tour. Would love to see Quintana at the tour as he's a great talent and I may have put 20 euro on him last year to win this Tour :o maybe next year!

Rooting for Contador all the way...looks in great form, big change from last year and would love to see the Sky train crumble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

what a gob****e mark is. KNEW he would **** it up, thought dont pick for fantasy team he'll blow it...too much self inflicted pressure..

what do I do? pick him thinking he has matured :rolleyes:

you dangerous moran mark :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭oconnpad

sky sports news saying Cavendish is out of Tour de France

No surprise really, is a replacement called up for the team or is it just a case of hard luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

oconnpad wrote: »
    sky sports news saying Cavendish is out of Tour de France

No surprise really, is a replacement called up for the team or is it just a case of hard luck

You can't replace a rider once the race has started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Is Joaquim "Purito" Rodriguez not considered to be a contender this year?No sign of him up on the poll.

Advertisement