Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Tour de France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Here's a pic of the Tour de France cycles I took on their final leg in London as they were coming towards Westminister. I guess you guys may like it:

8598CBF044464F8CAA0DA1018A87F054-0000321471-0003608044-00800L-D4104E124A784697945B3578F1AF2E3A.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

You've gotta applaud OPQS for their steadfast commitment to the casquette.
    One of the very few teams that consistently wear cycling caps as opposed to the baseball hats that are becoming de rigeur on the podium.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

ROK ON wrote: »
    You've gotta applaud OPQS for their steadfast commitment to the casquette.
    One of the very few teams that consistently wear cycling caps as opposed to the baseball hats that are becoming de rigeur on the podium.

And particularly Tony Martin's "PANZERWAGEN" version. ...

cool indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

RIP Fabio Casartelli -19 years dead today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

Anyone ever feel like coming on here at a minute past midnight and posting ALL OF THE SPOILERS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Anyone else seriously considering a trip to Israel? Advertising is powerful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Anyone else seriously considering a trip to Israel? Advertising is powerful stuff.

Can't believe they have those ads. Sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Can't believe they have those ads. Sickening

What are we missing here?

franglan wrote: »

Israel tourism ads on Eurosport TDF coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

No stage thread today?

Mod - no spoilers before midnight!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 RenegadeDisco

franglan wrote: »

Sidi - Cycling Shoes

Sidi - Cycling Shoes

And Yokohama tires!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Don't forget a Bora cooker hood.

Don't forget a Bora cooker hood.

That's the Giro. It ain't a hood either! It's an extract system integrated into the hob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

And Festina! Official timekeeper, Tour de France. Their watches look great. I really hope they do well out of their association with cycling and that their name never becomes an instant shorthand for cheating on a grand scale...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    That's the Giro. It ain't a hood either! It's an extract system integrated into the hob.

Aren't they in the TdF ads too? I mostly tune out when they come on :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

Aren't they in the TdF ads too? I mostly tune out when they come on :o

Anything is better than watching Andy Shleck trying to eat a pair of cooked Sidi's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The Bora ads are on the whole time during the TdF as well as the Giro. They are sponsoring Net-App Endura next season.

I've seen the ad so many times at this stage that I'll probably sleep walk some night, turn on my laptop and buy flippin' one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The Bora ads are on the whole time during the TdF as well as the Giro. They are sponsoring Net-App Endura next season.
    YEah I was wondering why there were so many ads for those extractor fans until I heard that news. MAkes a lot of sense. Carlton mentioned it during Saturday's stage. He said something like "Netapp team will have a new sponsor next year, Bora. I'm told they make kitchen appliances of some sorts". Obviously he doesn't ever have to sit through the ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Finally, my 2 passions in life are overlapping - cycling and extraction fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Israel, land of creation

hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

De Bhál wrote: »
    Israel, land of creation

hmmm

Well yeah, they're creating billions of dollars from the Natural Gas they are selling
    as they push the pally's outta the way :cool:

No stop derailing this LeTour thread or I'll drag you outta the thread by the legs
    scrapin' da head off ya :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I bet that Rodriguez/Quintana & Dan Martin are thinking 'what if......' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

I bet that Rodriguez/Quintana & Dan Martin are thinking 'what if......' :rolleyes:

Movistar would probably have another white jersey. Especially after yesterday.

I fear that Dan wouldn't have made it this far. Either he would have crashed on the cobbles/wet roads or he would have got sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I fear that Dan wouldn't have made it this far. Either he would have crashed on the cobbles/wet roads or he would have got sick.

I was just thinking the same thing. Given his luck this season, im happy he is watching this one from the couch.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I was just thinking the same thing. Given his luck this season, im happy he is watching this one from the couch.

Given his propensity to fall off his bike, and how susceptible he is to get colds/flu/allergies, he was better off missing this tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

pajor wrote: »
    Movistar would probably have another white jersey. Especially after yesterday.

I think Movistar would have a white and a yellow jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Does look like a missed opportunity for Quintana alright, the route this year was made for him, though in fairness, he won the Giro, so he can't be that unhappy. And Valverde is doing ok, I mean second place is probably at least two places higher that he would have expected before the start of the race, and if Nibali has a crash or a bad day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

If Sagan doesn't win the stage in Paris tomorrow. Will this be the first time green jersey winner didn't win a single stage ?

Advertisement