Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a marriage

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tanoralover

This may be a coincidence but there is a 74 year old Mary Monks living at 7 Convent Road in 1901 with her Indian-born granddaughter Margaret. In 1911 Margaret Monks is a servant in the household of Judge David Fitzgerald. At the same time Francis Jr is the "crier to Mr Justice Fitzgerald".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

No coincidence tanoralover - they're all mine.
    I'm curious though as to how Francis and his siblings came to be working for the two Fitzgerald brothers.
    I will eventually get around to researching the brothers Fitzgerald.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    ...I'm singing off for now.

Barking mad more like!!!:pac:♪♫

Genealogy Forum Mod

I've searched Roots Ireland for a marriage of a John Hearne and Margaret Smith (all years/ all counties) and there is just one match - a marriage in Co. Meath in 1857...
    shanew wrote: »
    an RC marriage from that time will probably show very little detail anyway - should show date, names of bride & groom, and witnesses. You may get addresses e.g. name of a town or townlands, but very rare to see occupations
    Just a follow up - I paid for that record this evening and it hasn't provided me with any clues. No fathers names and the witness names mean nothing either. It ties in with a record I found in the RIC records in Pearse library but I have nothing to tie it to my family tree.

Genealogy Forum Mod

On a slightly related note I'm wondering if any of you might be able to tell me the occupation of John Monks, father of the groom on this cert, said groom being the father-in-law of Rosanna Hearne mentioned above.

Bit of an update re the occupation of John Monks.
    His wife's death cert records that she was the wife of a plasterer.
    I don't think this helps matters.:confused:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
Advertisement