Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens' rugby Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Jaysus that should be a sin binning and we get the knock on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

My view is the Skill level on show does not merit live TV coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

TimHorton wrote: »

I'll take womens rugby over Lords and Ladles and Pet Island which are usually on RTÉ 2 at this time on a Friday

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Did she just call back for a knock on advantage after it was kicked away?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

30 seconds difference between the tv and stadium clocks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

****ing hell! Me nerves!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

It was a shocking spectacle ,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

YASSSSSSSSS

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Delighted we won but gotta feel for the Scots

• Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭robbiezero

robbed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Lord bless us......try at the end for Ireland and BP win.......Scotland deserved that, the way ireland played.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Good score.

Scotland really will feel like they've thrown that away.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Cracking finish although not a deserved win whatsoever!

Great line and control to get over and the BP try.

Luck of the Irish there......we made some dreadful errors.

Hard luck to Scotland but we'll done Ireland. Scotland threw that away.

Ref must be inexperienced or had an off night because she got a lot of easy decisions very wrong.

Some balls

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is the kicking usually that poor? Couldn't believe they went for the line there at the death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Scotland will feel a bit robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Have to laugh at Cantwell's line to open the punditry after the break: "The Scottish police will be called out after absolute theft by Jenny Murphy".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Is the kicking usually that poor? Couldn't believe they went for the line there at the death.

Bear in mind that they are amateur players that train a few times a week at best. If you are used to watching the Sexton's and George North's of this world, players who train a few times a day then yes they are worse and yes they don't kick as far. Compare them to junior clubs or SCT teams and they'd compare far more favourably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TOEJOE

I was looking forward to watching this game.It was a very poor performance by Ireland, so many errors.Scotland were excellent and should have won the game.

Hard luck to Scotland but we'll done Ireland. Scotland threw that away.

Ref must be inexperienced or had an off night because she got a lot of easy decisions very wrong.

The decision there at the last when the Irish girl came in from the side was shocking, cost Scotland the game. Yellow card and very kickable penalty all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

TimHorton wrote: »
    Nonsense. What defines good enough skill level anyway? And live tv coverage brings the sport to the attention of more people which attracts more to play the game which has knock on effect of increasing playing standards which improves skill levels.
    Peregrine wrote: »
    Did she just call back for a knock on advantage after it was kicked away?
    She did and you can do it....
    Bear in mind that they are amateur players that train a few times a week at best. If you are used to watching the Sexton's and George North's of this world, players who train a few times a day then yes they are worse and yes they don't kick as far. Compare them to junior clubs or SCT teams and they'd compare far more favourably.
    Yeah compare them to adult club players or top age grade(club or school) and comparison is much better and fairer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's the lack of general pace in the games, coupled with the poor handling. No offense to the ladies.

It's like the women's soccer regard in that regard.

It's not something you'd want to watch. It reminds me of the games at u16s boys at my club. They'd roar at us, "don't be standing static", hands, hands. Getting a sh1t U16 backline moving is like trying to start a piece of crap car on a cold day.

Kicks are usually taken by Niamh Briggs, who is injured. These are amateurs.....you can't expect anything like the skill you get from the pro teams we are used to watching on TV.

I have seen quite a lot of ladies rugby and last nights game was a poor exhibition of the sport, one of the poorest games I have seen, so I wouldn't rush to judgement on it based on that. I have seen quite a lot of really good games too.
    It would be like judging Gaelic football on a 9 all draw between Donegal and Derry in the first round of the Ulster championship on a wet and windy day in Ballybofey.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

England are struggling at home to France.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Kickoff in 5 minutes for those who might have forgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭crisco10

A lot of handling errors so far. 0-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Stapleton needs to take more control, should never been playing around in our own 22 there.

Advertisement