Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your OH and cycling

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Came across this while studying tonight. I think its appropriate for this thread!

lc65.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

What can i say, training with an extra 55kg helps.

I think you'll find it's only 53 & a half! "You think I'm fat, don't you?"

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭DaithiMC

Heard a great quote the other day that is apt for this thread....
    My biggest fear of dying is that my wife will sell my bikes for the price I told her I paid for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

godtabh wrote: »
    Pity you need a 510 to use it. Dont think I could justify the upgrade on that alone

Endomundo lets you do it for free

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.endomondo.android&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

godtabh wrote: »
    Came across this while studying tonight. I think its appropriate for this thread!

lc65.png

What were you studying exactly...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

My missus doesn't mind me going out cycling. Hates it when I talk about her on boards though.
    Oh sh1t! I've done it again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

MediaMan wrote: »
    What were you studying exactly...?

Marketing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Same club, same league, same bikes. Some people think it must be great we share a common interest but it does mean our Sunday club spin costs 40 quid for a babysitter. Throw in a coffee stop and a puncture and it can get silly expensive :(

I have to say my wife is very supporting. 2 punctures and 20 minutes late this morning and nothing was thrown at me when I arrived home!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭allez

I Keep trying and keep failing. She wants a bike but is demanding about it; i have to purchase it, has to be a particular colour, has to be lightweight preferably carbon (don't think she knows why carbon though) and have break levers on the handle bars as well as STI shifters/levers on the drops.

Any time i've brought her out has resulted in arguments whether its down to the fact i brought on 'purposely' the hardest route possible, the saddle is too high, my bike is the only reason i find it easier, my wheels are not flat etc...

I've tried swapping over bikes and even letting her have a shot of mine but that hasn't worked either. Don't even get me started on the;' my legs will look too big and muscely'.

This brings me to the next point, in order to get her to agree to a Holiday in the alps next year i must keep up endeavoring to convert her to the cycling. Hopefully someday il succeed. This should also off lay the frowny face i get when i buy a set of new wheels or castelli bibs that make little or no sense to her. Then again i daren't say anything when someone spends 40 quid on a bottle of foundation?

WOMEN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

allez wrote: »
    I Keep trying and keep failing. She wants a bike but is demanding about it; i have to purchase it, has to be a particular colour, has to be lightweight preferably carbon (don't think she knows why carbon though) and have break levers on the handle bars as well as STI shifters/levers on the drops.

Any time i've brought her out has resulted in arguments whether its down to the fact i brought on 'purposely' the hardest route possible, the saddle is too high, my bike is the only reason i find it easier, my wheels are not flat etc...

I've tried swapping over bikes and even letting her have a shot of mine but that hasn't worked either. Don't even get me started on the;' my legs will look too big and muscely'.

This brings me to the next point, in order to get her to agree to a Holiday in the alps next year i must keep up endeavoring to convert her to the cycling. Hopefully someday il succeed. This should also off lay the frowny face i get when i buy a set of new wheels or castelli bibs that make little or no sense to her. Then again i daren't say anything when someone spends 40 quid on a bottle of foundation?

WOMAN.

FYP :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

allez wrote: »
    have break levers on the handle bars as well as STI shifters/levers on the drops.

I got brake levers fitted to the top of my road bike, in addition to the ones on the drops. I was told that within a few months I'd stop using them. Nearly a year on and I wouldn't be without them. They're great for the traffic you go through before getting out onto the open roads.

Your OH sounds like she knows what she wants - good on her ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭allez

MB Lacey wrote: »
    I got brake levers fitted to the top of my road bike, in addition to the ones on the drops. I was told that within a few months I'd stop using them. Nearly a year on and I wouldn't be without them. They're great for the traffic you go through before getting out onto the open roads.

Your OH sounds like she knows what she wants - good on her ;)

Was in a bike shop on Sunday buying some chain lube and muc off, after enduring 2 hours of clothes shops for her. She went over to a Cube with a lovely €3000 price tag and said; 'one like this eric'. She definitely knows what wants

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

My wife works Saturdays, so when I go out on Sundays she grumbles that it's eating into "family time". At the same time she also accepts that the longer it's been since I've been out for a long spin, the grumpier I am about it.

I've even managed to convince her that I need 3 bikes depending on whether I'm commuting, MTBing or road riding.
    But I don't know how I'm going to convince her that I need a summer road bike and a winter road bike now...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Budawanny

seamus wrote: »
    My wife works Saturdays, so when I go out on Sundays she grumbles that it's eating into "family time". At the same time she also accepts that the longer it's been since I've been out for a long spin, the grumpier I am about it.

I've even managed to convince her that I need 3 bikes depending on whether I'm commuting, MTBing or road riding.
    But I don't know how I'm going to convince her that I need a summer road bike and a winter road bike now...

Dont tell her. tell her you are testing out a bike for a friend. use removable decals to disguise as someone elses bike, all the time.

Advertisement