Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

No pic unfortunately, but my excitement is too much not to tell someone!

Just out for my lunchtime walk and heard a low pitched rumbling sound, turn around just in time to see a Lamborghini Countach go by! Red, on a NI or UK plate, heading to the Dublin Port Tunnel. No wing so guess an early one.

Could have been a kit car of course, but sounded like the real thing tipping along at about 30mph.

Didn't have my phone on me but wouldn't have got it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Deane Motors picked one up in France this weekend and drove it back to Dublin, I’d imagine it was that one you saw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Deane Motors picked one up in France this weekend and drove it back to Dublin, I’d imagine it was that one you saw!

Was that not a Diablo?

Could well have been as I was walking from The Point towards East Wall. But, I think the exit from the ferry would be past the point where I saw it (assuming that's your thinking.)

What I saw was a Countach

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Dublin 15

Ujszg1w.jpg

DAEao6s.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭yaknowski

Untitled.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Seen this around Inchicore and Islandbridge a few times but could never get the phone out quick enough.

535796.jpeg

Gem of a yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Limerick
    WOd0W1d.jpg

v9n1cY7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

A classic in tuam
    4XMNrBq.jpg

eACozf2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Dublin 15

The cars in the background of each photo are almost worthy of mention!

• Advertisement

Lidl East Wall yesterday, starting to get dark

w202.jpghttp:

Could well have been as I was walking from The Point towards East Wall. But, I think the exit from the ferry would be past the point where I saw it (assuming that's your thinking.)

What I saw was a Countach

That went by on the Con Colbert Road on Friday. Oof.

That went by on the Con Colbert Road on Friday. Oof.

You saw it too, a red one? Is it the Dean motors one as Duke suggested?

We will have to start a bounty for the first to snap it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

You saw it too, a red one? Is it the Dean motors one as Duke suggested?

We will have to start a bounty for the first to snap it :)

Again, that's a Diablo.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Joe 90

I don't really know how old it is as it's obviously an import.

Its 2004!

Its a Hindustan Ambassador, based on a 1950s Morris Oxford and built until 2014 in India

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Joe 90

Its 2004!

Its a Hindustan Ambassador, based on a 1950s Morris Oxford and built until 2014 in India

Yes, it's 2004 in the UK, god knows when it was built. Interestingly, the area where it is usually parked as a fairly high proportion of well off people from the Sub Continent. Maybe someone hankering after his youth before he came to the UK. Hope I bump into the owner sometime and gear the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,569 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I nearly bought a red 323f 20 years ago. Couldn’t get insurance on 1.5 at the time
    (Even though it was only about 80bhp)

The brother nearly bought a new one in 99 but in the end bought a Ford Focus instead. Much newer and better car but the Mazda 323f was cool too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Joe 90 wrote: »
    Yes, it's 2004 in the UK, god knows when it was built. Interestingly, the area where it is usually parked as a fairly high proportion of well off people from the Sub Continent. Maybe someone hankering after his youth before he came to the UK. Hope I bump into the owner sometime and gear the story.
    The first time I saw one of those in the flesh was in a garage in Manchester in 09. I put the talk on the Indian chap who was filling it up. Turned out to be not far off what you reckoned. He was born and bred in Manchester but had seen them on childhood visits to family in India and it reminded him of that so he imported one. He was telling me it cost as much to ship and import it as it had cost to buy it over there. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭tc20

ageless Mercedes cabrio and Carol Deckers runaround spotted over the weekend...

536189.jpg

536190.jpg

• Advertisement

Couple from Rochestown Avenue on Wedneday morning:

536368.jpeg

536369.jpeg

That Merc has popped up here before, or possibly in the Classics for sale thread?

I never bothered to check the steering wheel, and as I took it on Whatsapp the quality is potato. Those headlamps are US spec, no?

Again, as stated almost unanimously, that 7 Series was really their peak. It's still a stunning car with such presence. That one was a bit tired though.

Speaking of tired old 7 series, here’s one of those in Kilburn.

(And I may have expressed an interest in buying it)

50696448976_2088dbb192_c.jpg

So unlike you

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hamburg

m17 wrote: »
    Limerick
    WOd0W1d.jpg

v9n1cY7.jpg

just out of curiosity, how old does a car have to be before it can have the black and silver plates?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

hamburg wrote:
    ]just out of curiosity, how old does a car have to be before it can have the black and silver plates?

much older than that, could they not find a better way to put on the plates.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Garzard

Bad photo, but caught this in Finglas on Wednesday - ruined by those wheels.

536559.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I spotted this French machine on Czech plates in the car park of SuperValu in Walkinstown this evening.

The photo is as bad as the parking. Apologies.

tempsnip.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭tc20

mixed bag of weekend sightings

536786.jpg

536787.jpg

536788.jpg

536789.jpg

536790.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Ongar, Dublin 15

da0clZ4.jpg

32EW1MY.jpg

• Advertisement

Class! Love that body kit. It could look nice with a decent set of alloys under it

Advertisement