Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

'rina on the N3

40750204753_1f3ae25057_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Yesterday was the day for older Toyotas in Cavan town.
    5IL954U.jpg

nlfB3oV.jpg

KZaepnx.jpg

Last weekend saw this nice Corolla in Athlone
    UW4L3lH.jpg

And later on this lovely Mercedes in Galway.
    pd3elIj.jpg
    lcEugwE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

Old Landy

mayota wrote: »
    Old Landy
    Looks like a coil sprung chassis under that old girl, or would it be one of the very early 90's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭tc20

That datsun is incredible.

it's great to see, not the 1st time I've seen it around.
    I think the owner might be an occasional poster here, and I think he may have another oldie on the go too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

As I was lamenting not being able to get the phone out to take a pic of a gorgeous red LandCruiser on Hatch Street with reg 516 CZO.

I turned onto Camden St to see this lovely 500SEC

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Few days ago in Kilcock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Macroom and Ballymote :

20190430-214619.jpg

20190430-214803.jpgshell gas station map

Charlotte Way and Hatch St are goldmines these days

The roof on that MG should be down!

• Advertisement

Charlotte Way and Hatch St are goldmines these days

very nice... full fat S600 :cool:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

tc20 wrote: »
    very nice... full fat S600 :cool:

I'm pretty certain I know that car. The owner lives in the same estate as my folks, he's had it a long time and it's a beauty. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

2CV, the poor French mans tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Funny how a lot of the old cars seen on the road are Toyota's!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Funny how a lot of the old cars seen on the road are Toyota's!

They were built to last and were/are very popular because of that. It's not too surprising tbh.

Sunny and Corolla in Ringsend and Marino respectively this morning. Starlet was in Cherrywood this afternoon and looked to be keeping up very well with traffic.

47756143151_f4c5568757_c.jpg

47756143121_b22458f32c_c.jpg

40793348583_a8143e2ec2_c.jpg

Slightly unrelated but of interest to a few on here I reckon. This Prelude will be familiar to anyone who travels the Malahide road into town regularly, it has sat in that garden for a long time and the house (which I'd guess is worth about €1m) is similarly forlorn. I just noticed this evening that someone has had a go at cleaning off the grime and algae on the bonnet so I'd guess its either going to be sold or scrapped pretty soon. The garden has also bee tidied up a bit. Irish car from new and only 1 owner according to carsireland, it'd be a real shame to see it scrapped. I would knock about it myself but I have no space as it is

40793348433_18167148f6_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Since it's a 2.2 irish one it'd have to be a 185bhp h22 wouldn't it? I don't think europe got the lower powered f22.

You should really make space Duke ;)

€951 tax for another 4 years :(

I drive by it every day and have thought about knocking in loads of times, but its on a busy main road so I'd say loads of lads tried in the past and were ran from the door. The fact its been cleaned up in the last few days is probably a good sign though, I'd guess the owner could be easily persuaded to part with it. I just added this to the fleet on Friday though:

32782694137_f6726e64e2_c.jpg

I'm also making good ground on potentially getting hold of a 3 door Jap ep80 belonging to a friend's grandfather who stopped driving a few years ago. I mentioned it in this thread before ages ago but its a slow process. More on that when/if it happens though..

I'll definitely make space for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

, boards is doing that Cloudflare crap. Thurles. 1926 Buick. I was on the phone and buying a parking ticket when it passed by me. Unfortunately I couldn’t get a photo of the front. Seen the front though.

• Advertisement

Fraulein in a wasserboxer in Cavan today.

Yh0YCas.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Yh0YCas.jpg

That might not be as old as it looks. I drove an identical model, colour and all, in Holland in '95-'96. The van was a 1989 1.6. I believe it was the last year of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

pablo128 wrote: »
    Nekarsulm wrote: »

Yh0YCas.jpg

That might not be as old as it looks. I drove an identical model, colour and all, in Holland in '95-'96. The van was a 1989 1.6. I believe it was the last year of them.

The T4 that replaced them came out in around late 91 although I don't think anyone got a RHD until into 1992.

I recall seeing 1990 reg Irish reg van T25/T3* .

*I've seen both T25 and T3 been referred to with this generation Transporter

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

pablo128 wrote: »

That brings back memories. I used to drive one of them (minibus format) for my boss, a pub owner. Part of my job was to bring darts, pool and skittles teams to other pubs and back. He bought it new in 87 I drove it from 89 to 91. It was always a pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam
    09hloej.jpg

m17 wrote: »
    Tuam
    09hloej.jpg

Oh yes

north Wicklow recent sightings..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

m17 wrote: »
    Tuam
    09hloej.jpg

Owned by one of The Sawdoctors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Has been abandoned underground since I started parking here (January)

479745.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam
    fzH2A1I.jpg

Advertisement