Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is it wrong to oppose mass immigration?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD REMINDER FOR POSTERS:
    Please focus upon the thread topic, and not each other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

Its not dubious spiel - there are too many people on this planet,africas population is set to double,india is experiencing a population explosion,and there are not controls on immigration,see how all this links into each other.

I find it funny how people refer to certain minorities of speicies of animal as pest but wont refer to humans as a pest - they are set to grow to about 10 billion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

So overstretched reosources and public services breaking under the pressure of a dense population is fine then...????LOL because the mainstream are going against me i must review EVERYTHING,and change my mind without reason:rolleyes:
    I would hope that once you inform yourself you might change your mind based on the realities of immigration rather than the hypothetical situations that seem to inform your opinions at present. But if you want to continue to ignore facts and evidence please do so, just don't expect people to allow you to spout out this stuff unchallenged.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Its not dubious spiel - there are too many people on this planet,africas population is set to double,india is experiencing a population explosion,and there are not controls on immigration,see how all this links into each other.

I find it funny how people refer to certain minorities of speicies of animal as pest but wont refer to humans as a pest - they are set to grow to about 10 billion.

Do you wish for a cull to be carried out and if so, which peoples?

I would hope that once you inform yourself you might change your mind based on the realities of immigration rather than the hypothetical situations that seem to inform your opinions at present. But if you want to continue to ignore facts and evidence please do so, just don't expect people to just allow you to spout out this stuff unchallenged.
    Take a trip over to london wait in an A & E queue for 2 days and say we dont have a population problem,i think its pretty ignorant to be pro immigration no matter what the ills.

• Advertisement

Do you wish for a cull to be carried out and if so, which peoples?

I was wondering when the mad hippy hysteria would start :rolleyes::

Take a trip over to london wait in an A & E queue for 2 days and say we dont have a population problem,i think its pretty ignorant to be pro immigration no matter what the ills.

I've been in A&E couple of times and got seen to (within 90 mins) fast as opposed to Ireland where I waited for 6 hours; try again.

Are you saying that immigrants are to blame for A&E queues? If so, do you have evidence that supports this claim?

I was wondering when the mad hippy hysteria would start :rolleyes::

Possibly right after several pages of turnip lore from someone who has no clue about life and how it all pans out.

I never said i was completley against immigration - i just want immigration with more sounder comprehensive controls for freedom of movement of people and freedom of movement of goods to be well more controlled and checked.

I think we should put a temporary ban on immigration and re-negotiate with the eu on the issue of freedom of movement of people ,and of goods.

Get the house in order and then take it from there, i dont see whats so unreasonable about that.

But of course someone on here will resort to calling me a bigot no doubt.

• Advertisement

I've been in A&E couple of times and got seen to (within 90 mins) fast as opposed to Ireland where I waited for 6 hours; try again.

Well it must have been some magical hospital maybe it wasnt in london then. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

I think your right, let's start with the country that will give the best return if we kill them all. The citizens of the USA, http://www.worldwatch.org/node/810 they use in excess of 25% of the fossil fuels. If we don't want to kill a whole nation we can kill off the wealthiest 16% they use 80% of the worlds resources. I have just solved all the things you have issue with and I'm doing so without being accused of being nasty to the poor. I feel so much better now world problems sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

I never said i was completley against immigration - i just want immigration with more sounder comprehensive controls for freedom of movement of people and freedom of movement of goods to be well more controlled and checked.

I think we should put a temporary ban on immigration and re-negotiate with the eu on the issue of freedom of movement of people ,and of goods.

Get the house in order and then take it from there, i dont see whats so unreasonable about that.

But of course someone on here will resort to calling me a bigot no doubt.

And while this renegotiation is ongoing, will Irish people have the freedom to travel to France, Spain, Italy for holidays? Will Irish football and rugby fans be free to travel to the UK to watch sports games? What about if my company needs to send me to Germany? Will I need a visa?

Well it must have been some magical hospital maybe it wasnt in london then. :rolleyes:

She should have gone here then, over 95% of patients in and out in less than 4 hours. http://www.chelwest.nhs.uk/about-us/transparency/waiting-times/a-e-waiting-times

And while this renegotiation is ongoing, will Irish people have the freedom to travel to France, Spain, Italy for holidays? Will Irish football and rugby fans be free to travel to the UK to watch sports games? What about if my company needs to send me to Germany? Will I need a visa?

This is with regard to immigration into the country put a stop to it for a couple of weeks and try and come up with a better plan so we can open that gates again with better border control so it doesnt end up like the madhouse the uk is..

I think your right, let's start with the country that will give the best return if we kill them all. The citizens of the USA, http://www.worldwatch.org/node/810 they use in excess of 25% of the fossil fuels. If we don't want to kill a whole nation we can kill off the wealthiest 16% they use 80% of the worlds resources. I have just solved all the things you have issue with and I'm doing so without being accused of being nasty to the poor. I feel so much better now world problems sorted.

Yep thats what im saying ... Kill them all :rolleyes:

Wrong again. It was London, St George's in Tooting.

Not that you'd have a clue about the NHS, given your ongoing spiel.

Yep thats what im saying ... Kill them all :rolleyes:

Which the USA or the rich or we could do both, that would solve a lot of issues, but I would miss the TV.

This is with regard to immigration into the country put a stop to it for a couple of weeks and try and come up with a better plan so we can open that gates again with better border control so it doesnt end up like the madhouse the uk is..

Ah so you just want to stop certain peoples freedom to travel? What about someone coming I to Ireland to do business? Will they have to prove that they are here only on business?

What aspects of Ireland's border controls need to be improved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

What aspects of Ireland's border controls need to be improved?

Spiders? That London Eye sounds dangerous too - there should be an outright ban on letting it in.

So - we're all agreed. We start with auntie?
    Why should we start with her she has a job shes not a burden on the country she can fend for herself she doesnt live on social or have a council flat.

Yes she broke her ankle but in all the years i have known her she hasnt had many health problems.

She doesnt get free healthcare she is not a welfare/healthcare tourist.

You know nothing about the UK - you're just vomiting out predjudice and bile about a country that you think serves your ill informed agenda.

Pants.

Why should we start with her she has a job shes not a burden on the country she can fend for herself she doesnt live on social or have a council flat.

Yes she broke her ankle but in all the years i have known her she hasnt had many health problems.

Explain these welfare/healthcare tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

But you said it yourself - all these immigrants inevitably end up a drain on the state. Why should your auntie be any different?

All legal residents in the UK get free health care. If she wanted to use her insurance or pay then she should not have gone to a public hospital. You just can't help it can you.

They come over basically to sponge off the state and some of them turn up out of the blue using the already overstretched public healthcare services.

Oldhippy you dont think that 63 million is a lot of people?Do you think that adding romania or bulgaria to the mix is a good idea i would argue purely on a numbers point of view.

Other people have argued,Its already caused a lot of tensions in various communities.

They come over basically to sponge off the state and some of them turn up out of the blue using the already overstretched public healthcare services.

Oldhippy you dont think that 63 million is a lot of people?Do you think that adding romania or bulgaria to the mix is a good idea i would argue purely on a numbers point of view.

Other people have argued,Its already caused a lot of tensions in various communities.

What about the Irish that are in the UK? Should they all be sacked/deported?

If she wanted to use her insurance or pay then she should not have gone to a public hospital. You just can't help it can you.

How do i break it down for someone like you..OMG!

1. She had a broken ankle.

2. She didnt feel like travelling miles and miles.

3. She went to the nearest a & e.

4. She does work as a receptionist in a hospital and doesnt sponge off the state.

• Advertisement

There's plenty plenty of Irish here in the UK, much more than Bulgarians and Romanians. Where's the tension?

Have you ever met any Bulgarians or Romanians, out of curiosity?

Advertisement