Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite boardgame?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

The latest game I'm playing is Labyrinth war on terror and Nations.

I really like these as they both have a solitaire variant.

Nations because it's a fairly quick civ game and Labyrinth because I like the theme.

I've been tempted by Nations but it looked like a long game based on nothing more than looking at the box..

Whats the average play time would you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

machalla wrote: »
    I've been tempted by Nations but it looked like a long game based on nothing more than looking at the box..

Whats the average play time would you say?

If solo you would play a game in an hour and a half starting but as you get used to it that would drop to an hour or so.

Against opponents expect a game to last about 45 mins a player. I've only played in 2-3 players and that's the rough time. I'd watch a few vids of playthroughs first to get the hang of the game as the rulebook doesn't give walkthroughs. It's worth a try. I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 platinumflux

We have a few favourites in our group but there are times when we can have 8 people around the table.
    Catan is a good one but without the expansion it's only for 4 players. Tsuro is a great one, especially with 8 players as its a quick setup, a quick game and the payoff, whether you win or lose is always funny - you might not win but you don't lose alone!
    Loot/Love Letter is another regular to the table but the group seem to prefer the Munchkin version.

I'd say though, if there's one game that never sits on the shelf for too long, it would have to be Munchkin. We seem to play that more than any other game. That being said, we play it with the Conan expansion mixed in, seems to make much better for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ericbarker306

For me it has to be battleships. It is one for those games that has made me want to love the simple board games

Advertisement