Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

So if Florida is America's flaccid penis, which bit is the ars*hole?
    Pat Robertson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

LNpNkUw.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Just saw that Humble Bundle have Fist of Jesus on special, for those of you who enjoy a bible based beat-em-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Not so much funny but true...

13975_843283925718608_2247998227819489821_n.jpg?oh=e6c607f53e7ca891ab8bab2cd9b26f63&oe=5526EA5B&__gda__=1432713304_301e184b07937295a2f429b2ddcb7b33

• Moderators Posts: 51,733 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_ni3le2XvBc1u7nftco1_1280.png
    tumblr_ni8zjyatXF1raw1oio1_1280.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Worztron

335314.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

So jesus is not coming back from the made up? NOOOooo! :D

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

smacl wrote: »
    Just saw that Humble Bundle have Fist of Jesus on special, for those of you who enjoy a bible based beat-em-up.
    Biblical beat-em-up? Is Pope Frank out defending his mummy? Now there's an idea. Otherwise, well...

335335.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Worztron wrote: »
    335314.jpg

Is there anything that dinosaur doesn't know?

Is there anything that dinosaur doesn't know?

Probably not. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

SW wrote: »
    tumblr_ni3le2XvBc1u7nftco1_1280.png
    tumblr_ni8zjyatXF1raw1oio1_1280.jpg

Another difference - FINAL BOOK SPOILER
    Harry went willingly to his death, not knowing that he would be coming back. It was a complete surprise to him. His death, in that world, had a measurable effect (it removed the horcrux and fooled Voldemort).
    The same cannot be said for Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

RikuoAmero wrote: »
    Another difference . .

I did eventually plan to read the Harry Potter books. However, given the above....FcukIt....spoiled. :D

Calibos wrote: »
    I did eventually plan to read the Harry Potter books. However, given the above....FcukIt....spoiled. :D

****! I knew I forgot to add spoiler tags! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Another difference - Harry went willingly to his death, not knowing that he would be coming back. It was a complete surprise to him. His death, in that world, had a measurable effect (it removed the horcrux and fooled Voldemort).
    The same cannot be said for Jesus.

Ah for feck sake. I was just about to read the book and then you go and give away that Jesus dies. Thanks! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,858 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

robindch wrote: »
    Biblical beat-em-up? Is Pope Frank out defending his mummy? Now there's an idea. Otherwise, well...

335335.gif

We gotta push Pope Frank for SummerSlam! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Redbishop

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Ah for feck sake. I was just about to read the book and then you go and give away that Jesus dies. Thanks! :rolleyes:

I was just about to watch the dvd and I didnt know harry dies or that jesus was in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

So I'm reading The Year of Living Biblically. It's meh but it passes the time on public transport. Then I get to a passage where the author is talking to a Karaite Jew. Some of them don't eat any poultry or eggs as they believe the list of birds that god prohibited eating as per the current bible are best guesses as some of the original words' translations are ambiguous. The author thought it profound but I laughed out loud on a rather too packed train! :o

The idea that a deity would create a list of birds that humans could not eat without punishment and allowing the list to be lost to time and then not updating us on it was so absurd. And the fact that these people were intelligent enough to see the issue with translation but never question why an all powerful deity would allow such a situation seemed even more silly.

The train of logic they took to get to their stance seemed like something out of a monty python sketch... well it made me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭TheChizler

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Um. That's a map of Florida in the middle.
    Honestly thought it was a pistol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Going to hell because god be like:

b5fw5.gif

W7SwZpr.jpg

• Advertisement

335389.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

2 of my favorite books:

dog-delusion.jpg

dog_is_not_great.jpg

AZEwzWp.jpg

AZEwzWp.jpg

That's it. He's so smart and wise, I'm converting to the Church of Raptor-Jesus. All hail his Space Pope!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

1508505_10155102897235080_8692230396405687980_n.jpg?oh=103bcc70d88d4153f2d31be5e749e8e6&oe=55624B11

335502.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Frankie Boyle tells is like it is!

335515.PNG

Also, if this picture is to be believed, America's arsehole is somewhere around Michigan... ;)

5392630+_1cd1e6bc4b36ecdb9bfcee96e8b52e03.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

That's it. He's so smart and wise, I'm converting to the Church of Raptor-Jesus. All hail his Space Pope!

Isn't the space pope a crocodile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

A red-hot Naked Satan was mysteriously erected in a park alongside a Vancouver commuter train line, thereby providing journalists with pun opportunities galore.
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/naked-saluting-satan-statue-removed-from-vancouver-park-1.2000115

• Advertisement

HGCDtFx.jpg

Advertisement