Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

GFzapvZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

326904.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

73f9c35fd35f25e0faab78a740cdfd91.jpg

326945.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

327031.gif

• Advertisement

327059.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

327152.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Think I can get away with posting this because Climate Change deniers seem to be on the Christian-Right in America
    sG1CvKu.png

beliefs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

cool_clown_kid_costume_Jewish_community.jpg

327242.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

biko wrote: »
    cool_clown_kid_costume_Jewish_community.jpg

Krusty the clown.... The early years

A Patients' Guide to Magic Medicine:
    • Homeopathy: giving patients medicines that contain no medicine whatsoever.
    • Herbal medicine: giving patients an unknown dose of an ill-defined drug, of unknown effectiveness and unknown safety.
    • Acupuncture: a rather theatrical placebo, with no real therapeutic benefit in most if not all cases.
    • Chiropractic: an invention of a 19th century salesmen, based on nonsensical principles, and shown to be no more effective than other manipulative therapies, but less safe.
    • Reflexology: plain old foot massage, overlaid with utter nonsense about non-existent connections between your feet and your thyroid gland.
    • Nutritional therapy: self-styled 'nutritionists' making untrue claims about diet in order to sell you unnecessary supplements.
    • Spiritual healing: tea and sympathy, accompanied by arm-waving.
    • Reiki: ditto.
    • Angelic Reiki. The same but with added "Angels, Ascended Masters and Galactic Healers". Excellent for advanced fantasists.
    • Colonic irrigation: a rectal obsession that fails to rid you of toxins which you didn't have in the first place.
    • Anthroposophical medicine: followers of the mystic barmpot, Rudolf Steiner, for whom nothing whatsoever seems to strain credulity
    • Alternative diagnosis: kinesiology, iridology, vega test etc, various forms of fraud, designed to sell you cures that don't work for problems you haven't got.
    • Any alternative 'therapist' who claims to cure AIDS or malaria: agent of culpable homicide.
    • Libel: A very expensive remedy, to be used only when you have no evidence. Appeals to alternative practitioners because truth is irrelevant.

327358.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

In fairness that's important too.
    The 11 commandment: Thou shalt not stick thy sin stick into crazy.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

Worztron wrote: »
    327358.jpg

Debating? Don't you mean commanding as dogma that should never be questioned?

327457.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I really need to watch OitNB!

You will not guess how one firebrand preacher finished up this sentence:

Starbucks is flavoured with...

http://tinyurl.com/ox3nutd

Comes - hur, hur, hur! - with the following theme-appropriate photo:

327496.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

^^Brilliant! Howling with laughter at this!! :
    "My suspicion is that they’re getting their semen from sodomites. Semen flavours up the coffee, and makes you thinks you’re having a good time.”

This bit is priceless but I don't want to spoil the effect. Where do they get these people? Were they generated in a sensory deprivation box and then had their eyelids pinned open for 10 years of fundamentalist brainwashing? That would be some excuse....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Well, I think he's covered both slander and libel, so Starbucks can sue him into oblivion, right?

• Advertisement

327499.jpg

327502.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

kylith wrote: »
    Well, I think he's covered both slander and libel, so Starbucks can sue him into oblivion, right?
    Only if it's not flavored with the semen of sodomites....... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Vivisectus

Shrap wrote: »
    ^^Brilliant! Howling with laughter at this!! :
    "My suspicion is that they’re getting their semen from sodomites. Semen flavours up the coffee, and makes you thinks you’re having a good time.”

This bit is priceless but I don't want to spoil the effect. Where do they get these people? Were they generated in a sensory deprivation box and then had their eyelids pinned open for 10 years of fundamentalist brainwashing? That would be some excuse....

I do not understand ... so here is a man who thinks drinking semen constitutes a good time? So what exactly is the problem, for him anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,956 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Presumably in Ireland they use wife-swapping sodomites?

PS. Rob, if that's what yours looks like, best get to the clinic :p

Life ain't always empty.

PS. Rob, if that's what yours looks like, best get to the clinic :p
    I was thinking of Ezekiel 23:20...

327629.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Vivisectus wrote: »
    I do not understand ... so here is a man who thinks drinking semen constitutes a good time? So what exactly is the problem, for him anyway?

Coffee ruins the taste perhaps?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Vivisectus

robindch wrote: »
    I was thinking of Ezekiel 23:20...

I too was wondering just how many sodomites you would need to keep the average Starbucks supplied with enough lattes for a day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Clearly a satire site, anyone with taste would pick Semen (regardless of producers diet) over Starbucks any day of the week.

Advertisement