Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭Worztron

324784.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators Posts: 51,720 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

324793.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

324917.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Worztron wrote: »
    324917.jpg
    Someone on boards once said "if I knew I would rise after 3 days I would die for my cat." I really don't see the sacrifice in dying in full knowledge one will rise again and live forever in heaven. Seriously, what is the big deal?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

An alternative to Russell's teapot.

6EjUllB.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

324917.jpg

Nice. It's not a sacrifice if Jesus didn't actually lose anything.
    Another question I like asking christians is "If Jesus is God and his sacrifice is so powerful...then how come not being convinced it actually happened somehow stops its effect? [for the unbeliever]"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

MrPudding wrote: »
    Someone on boards once said "if I knew I would rise after 3 days I would die for my cat." I really don't see the sacrifice in dying in full knowledge one will rise again and live forever in heaven. Seriously, what is the big deal?

MrP

He loved you so much, he took a nap for your sins just doesn't have the same ring to it!

325042.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

not so funny, more interesting than anything else

10644737_572999759492278_4195796883798267812_o.jpg

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

MrPudding wrote: »

That's a theme explored by Anne Rice in her rather excellent book Memnoch the Devil - I wouldn't jump straight in and read it though, you really need to start with Interview with the Vampire and work forward.

• Advertisement

325176.jpg

325327.jpg

325327.jpg

Except the universe when God does it...
    I ****ing hate it whenever I'm talking to a christian and they chastise ME for supposedly believing in the universe coming from nothing. Hello! That's what YOUR holy book says!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Christian debater flummoxed by a 13-14 year old.

Talk about making it up as you go along. I almost fell asleep listening to his word salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Damn, that is bad. I can't fathom living my life each day with that type of logic. Flawed barely does it justice.

Cool kid, though.

Christian debater flummoxed by a 13-14 year old.

Talk about making it up as you go along. I almost fell asleep listening to his word salad.

That was painful. What a buffoon.

Fair play to the kid, and the atheist who asked some questions at the end.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

2011-10-05.png

325387.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

325420.jpg

@robindch Here's the video:

• Advertisement

Bearing in mind the Vatican's synod, here's an oldie from 2012:

http://newsthump.com/2012/03/11/homophobia-is-the-glue-that-holds-society-together-claims-catholic-church/

Homophobia is the glue that holds society together, claims Catholic Church
    News Thump wrote:
    A letter by the Catholic Church’s two most senior archbishops outlining how being a homophobic bigot is the only way to stop society being reduced to a sinful post-apocalyptic wasteland similar to Mad Max, but with more gays, is to be read out loud in 2,500 parish churches.

The letter, which was apparently written in all seriousness by Archbishop Vincent Nichols, the leader of the Roman Catholic Church in England and Wales, and Archbishop Peter Smith, the Archbishop of Southwark, tells Catholics that allowing same-sex marriages will have a damaging effect on children.

In one passage the Archbishops wrote: “We must think of the children, but this time we must think of them fully clothed.” “The introduction of same-sex marriages that we won’t have to have any involvement in should not distract us from our moral obligation to tell people that they’re going to suffer eternal torment in the fiery pits of hell. Some people are determined to live their own lives, and this is something that we have a duty to try and stop.”

Last week Cardinal Keith O’Brien, the leader of the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland, warned that the plans would shame the United Kingdom in the eyes of people who are okay with the covering up of child sex abuse.

Pope Benedict XVI has also hit out at the plans in a speech to US bishops, in which he also described premarital sex and cohabitation as “gravely sinful” and “damaging to the stability of society”.

The speech has since been proclaimed a miracle due to the fact that it was delivered with a straight face and no sense of irony.

325432.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

5cpH2B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

1010409_10201884980046042_8057393857025533891_n.jpg?oh=ce861ef909b6db0e73cfd3b4f8a5dc4d&oe=54AF85A5

325514.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm dying laughing at these. Outstanding.

Jesus doing everyday things.

http://pansypanda.com/jesus-doing-everyday-things/

325599.jpg

cdc995f4c49b99fb2424890148af79671306300055_full.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

It seems we're the cause of severe flooding in the Himilayas, with our defecating and urinating in a godless manner, according to India's water minister anyways:
    A year after floods devastated Kedarnath, Union water resources minister Uma Bharti has revealed the “underlying” cause of the disaster -- defecation near the shrine by non-believers.
    Her observations came during an interaction with experts – albeit bemused -- of the Dehradun-based Himalayan Institute of Glaciology and Forest Research Institute. Pointing out that human excretory activities were forbidden within the natural boundary formed by the Mandakini and Saraswati rivers which flowed near the shrine in 1882, Bharti said, “However, as time passed, atheists came here, mainly for business purposes. This resulted in nature’s fury at Kedarnath in 2013”.
    The minister also said that she was keen to restore the status of no-man’s land around the shrine which existed before 1882.

Saraswati has since been reduced to a mere trickle.
    She, however, added that the “immediate reason” for the Kedarnath deluge was cloudburst and excessive rains in the state which had left over 6,000 people dead. “But the underlying reason was human excretion,” she added.
    Bharti’s comments – which apparently defied scientific logic – came a few days after another of her ministerial colleague Maneka Gandhi said that funds from “illegal cow slaughter” was being used to fund Islamic terrorism.
    Bharti is in Dehradun to discuss details for reconstruction of the Kedarnath shrine.
    One among the four main pilgrimages in the Himalayan state known as the ‘char dham’, the Kedarnath shrine draws lakhs of devotees every year.

Source.

As the title says KUTGW, and don't forget to pack the TP for your bung-hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,121 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement