Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

People who blame the weather on God, a sign that he's angry.... "The rainbow is there since Noahs Ark...."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Worztron

After God created 24 hours of alternating darkness and light, one of the angels asked him, "what are you going to do now?" God said, "I think I'm going to call it a day."

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

457695.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

38478657_2590873611000326_7874909209656033280_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c1788841d8f94b3da0b7861d6cafc97c&oe=5BC77EE0

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

70763a50dbf69a79b1299a72bdd2c8b1--atheist-humor-atheist-quotes.jpg

• Advertisement

Another WWN classic

458011.JPG

458112.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

smacl wrote: »
    Another WWN classic

458011.JPG

It's ok they, if you do die for ingesting them you'll rise from the dead*

*only if you are Jesus/God

Cabaal wrote: »
    It's ok they, if you do die for ingesting them you'll rise from the dead*

Why? Do they use self rising flour? :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Spot the difference?

458361.jpg

• Advertisement

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2018/08/16/xenogoyle/
    One of 12 replacement gargoyles (their predecessors had weathered away) added to the 12th century Paisley Abbey in Scotland as part of a restoration project back in 1991.

458443.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I think they missed a trick at Paisley Abbey.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I think they missed a trick at Paisley Abbey.
    Looks like it's shouting "NO!" to me :)

robindch wrote: »
    Looks like it's shouting "NO!" to me :)

Yep, poor things clearly just trying to get away. There's an Arlene Foster Sheela na gig on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,243 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Yep, poor things clearly just trying to get away. There's an Arlene Foster Sheela na gig on the other side.
    Curse you, smacl! I can't get that image out of my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,311 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gee, thanks for that image. It will haunt me for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,350 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Gee, thanks for that image. It will haunt me for a long time.

I take it that opening word is the American one with the J sound and not the Dublin one with the G sound.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,311 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I take it that opening word is the American one with the J sound and not the Dublin one with the G sound.

that actually had not occurred to me. You've just made it worse :)

458770.gif

Does no editor even look at the front page of the daily fail?

imos-1.jpg

• Advertisement

Remember kids, don't get too close this weekend...

39581306_10157115266015628_7565885488075112448_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=daee97e0c8d334920b28b4c01c659e3c&oe=5C38DDCC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

He Really Knows How To Work The Alter

yes its cheap but feck it

459092.jpg

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2018/08/22/he-really-knows-how-to-work-the-alter

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

^^^^^

o-HITLER-SALUTE-570.jpg

346940.jpg

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Which one is Ratzinger?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

On that topic,
    The Vatican is exchanging diplomatic representatives with Tokio. The Vatican now has diplomatic relations with all the Axis powers and – I think – with none of the Allies. A bad sign and yet in a sense a good one, in that this last step means that they have now definitely decided that the Axis and not we stand for the more reactionary policy.
    George Orwell, diary entry, 27.3.42
    https://orwelldiaries.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/27-3-42/

I hear the Air Corps planes will be accompanying the pope's flight.

Ammunition will be removed first though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

mikhail wrote: »
    ... Abusive letter from H. G. Wells, who addresses me as “you $hit, among other things...

:)

Advertisement