Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

despite the billions invested, has been able to move it on from being a theory, a theory that can't be explained.

Ah the thread just got funny again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Obviously whoever explained God to you was either using the 'idiots guide to religion' or wasn't the brightest to begin with.

So none of those are in the bible?

Fwiw No "explained" god to me, I knew it was BS for as long as i remember.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

fbowwu6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

So none of those are in the bible?

Fwiw No "explained" god to me, I knew it was BS for as long as i remember.

Sure. So that's why you are obsessed with God and religion?

• Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Heres an idea, seeing as you're 'dumbing down' why don't you dumb down the big bang theory?It might take a while though seeing as nobody, despite the billions invested, has been able to move it on from being a theory, a theory that can't be explained.
    SuONTMk.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

^^^ Athetits?

Sure. So that's why you are obsessed with God and religion?

I find both of them funny, hence posting in the funny side of religion thread. So you're saying those things are not in the bible?

robindch wrote: »
    ^^^ Athetits?
    No idea tbh. But for some reason it just adds to the pic :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Good man Dan! On a side note I see schools out and the trolls are swarming, after hours is mad busy and as for here, well...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Heres an idea, seeing as you're 'dumbing down' why don't you dumb down the big bang theory?

Blond girl moves into an apartment block in California with two socially inept male physicists living next door.

• Advertisement

Turtwig wrote: »
    Blond girl moves into an apartment block in California with two socially inept male physicists living next door.
    bazinga-bee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Obviously whoever explained God to you was either using the 'idiots guide to religion' or wasn't the brightest to begin with.

they believe of god so both of those statements are correct

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

GRAVITY-JUST-A-THEORY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Worztron

351111.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 34,499 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Couldn't agree more! Be straight up with them and tell them that once upon a time there was a big bang and....well it gets a bit hazy after that but some real clever fellas with degrees and stuff say thats what happened and we don't want to look stupid so we go along, besides it makes us sound cool. Anything else that you want me to explain to you?;)

It's before the Big Bang that it gets a bit hazy.

Just like it gets very hazy before the 'In the beginning was god' thing, how long was he there before he made the universe, what was he doing before that, and if everything needs a creator who made him? If Adam needed a companion why isn't there a Mrs. God? Must get boring eventually watching teenagers on a little blue dot at the unfashionable end of an unremarkable galaxy masturbate.

Sisters of Charity (3 years) and Christian Brothers (10 years) so yeah, maybe you're right?

^^^ Athetits?

thatsthejoke.jpg

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

24gty0l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

c8ece5b57bd90963c95ca08afb2a47fb.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

351158.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

351257.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

AtheismStupidism.jpg

351412.jpg

351417.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

10583846_475416712621458_4353769675144462050_n.jpg?oh=4f091067dbc9f86a64cc2c8d5d10f6b2&oe=55FEC258

silverharp wrote: »
    c8ece5b57bd90963c95ca08afb2a47fb.jpg

You do know of course, or at least I hope you do, that Jesus did exist which makes the whole point of your cartoon meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

You do know of course, or at least I hope you do, that Jesus did exist which makes the whole point of your cartoon meaningless.

You'll need a bit of evidence to back that up there, hey. You can take a look at the Historical Jesus threads here on Athesistsst & Agnorsticks or over on the Christianity forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

No, "she" uses the present tense, she didn't say existed as in "Julius Caesar totally existed" or maybe you think Julius Caesar exists and is working in diner down by the docks?. Maybe if you had more English classes and less religion classes you would have remembered the difference.

anyway, back to funnies....

funny-picture-9979524070.gif

religion-scientist-science_vs_religion-holy_books-answers-philosopher-cman366_low.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    Maybe if you had more English classes and less religion classes you would have remembered the difference.
    *cough* ...fewer religion classes... *cough*

No personal comments please.

Thanking youze on this bright and rather lovely morning :)

*cough* ...fewer religion classes... *cough*

No personal comments please.

Thanking youze on this bright and rather lovely morning :)

Not to worry robin I have never been one to take offence at personal comments unlike some around here, I am made of sterner stuff. As for 'religion classes' I have never had one, again unlike some around here I am not fixated or obsessed on God or religion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭orubiru

Couldn't agree more! Be straight up with them and tell them that once upon a time there was a Jesus and he was the Son of God and did all these miralcles and....well it's a bit hazy but some real clever fellas with fancy costumes and an ancient book say that's what happened and we don't want to be bullied or ostracized so we go along, besides it makes us sound cool.

Sound familiar?
    Couldn't agree more! Be straight up with them and tell them that once upon a time there was a big bang and....well it gets a bit hazy after that but some real clever fellas with degrees and stuff say thats what happened and we don't want to look stupid so we go along, besides it makes us sound cool. Anything else that you want me to explain to you?

Advertisement