Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

the_atheist.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

SW wrote: »
    the_atheist.jpg

I like the 'probably because we're such a minority' line.
    I mean come on, its obviously because the other 96% of the population are wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Worztron

350668.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

I mean come on, its obviously because the other 96% of the population are wrong!
    Your repsonse
    :rolleyes:
    getting the joke

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

nice juxtaposition I think :)

The Bible: "Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

Geneva Convention: Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armedforces who have laiddown their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex,birth, or wealth, or any other similar criteria.

PS, no Goodfellas style "Funny how?" cracks!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

350782.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sure he couldn't have brought the t-rex etc on the ark....**** would have happened

350784.jpg

or maybe this happened

atJxo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

5nvqcz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

1560601_371113729758910_1285337823909433829_n.jpg?oh=67bca6e51208a88e42d692bccbdedd4d&oe=560D92C2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

tumblr_npckp1fRcD1smsesio1_540.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Dinosaurs of Eden. A children's book by creationist (charlatan and general nut sandwich) Ken Ham.

p2l4grf.jpg

BdR5erZ.jpg

DvtdKez.jpg

QpXLHtV.jpg

TiTSc2j.jpg

Dinosaurs loved bananas. Which is a coincidence, since Ken Ham is totally bananas.

lF64RSP.jpg

I tend to forget that we have creationists sharing our island. Most if not all of them are in the north.

350917.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Televangelist tries to explain how offences are not pain free with the help of a heavy duty rat trap. What could possibly go wrong?

Skip to the 18:24 mark.

350990.gif

1779295_10153359775234483_1143805844399832203_n.jpg?oh=f10bfa5691996eb955e5b7b4447c6082&oe=55E93F62

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

10402940_10153336237789483_7092542305136477453_n.jpg?oh=e0327d2fee4909d51ebab765314ff3bb&oe=55E93438

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    10402940_10153336237789483_7092542305136477453_n.jpg?oh=e0327d2fee4909d51ebab765314ff3bb&oe=55E93438
    Couldn't agree more! Be straight up with them and tell them that once upon a time there was a big bang and....well it gets a bit hazy after that but some real clever fellas with degrees and stuff say thats what happened and we don't want to look stupid so we go along, besides it makes us sound cool. Anything else that you want me to explain to you?;)

Couldn't agree more! Be straight up with them and tell them that once upon a time there was a big bang and....well it gets a bit hazy after that but some real clever fellas with degrees and stuff say thats what happened and we don't want to look stupid so we go along, besides it makes us sound cool. Anything else that you want me to explain to you?;)
    tumblr_inline_mljkatCEWv1qz4rgp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,884 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Do you have a point there? Passive-agression doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Still sounds better than

Virgin birth
    Talking donkeys
    Talking bushes
    900 year old man
    2 of every animal in a row boat
    Dead for 3 days then not dead
    Moses and the whole wandering the desert thing
    And don't forget loving god who gives kids cancer because.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Some really clever people, who have been peer reviewed and scrutinized by other really clever people, who also have been heavily scrutinised by other clever people, who, if they cannot explain things, do not make **** up or claim it was someones will. They look for reasonable or plausible explanations and then test them to see what stands upto scrutiny and what doesn't.

Still sounds better than

Virgin birth
    Talking donkeys
    Talking bushes
    900 year old man
    2 of every animal in a row boat
    Dead for 3 days then not dead
    Moses and the whole wandering the desert thing
    And don't forget loving god who gives kids cancer because.....

Obviously whoever explained God to you was either using the 'idiots guide to religion' or wasn't the brightest to begin with.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Some really clever people, who have been peer reviewed and scrutinized by other really clever people, who also have been heavily scrutinised by other clever people, who, if they cannot explain things, do not make **** up or claim it was someones will. They look for reasonable or plausible explanations and then test them to see what stands upto scrutiny and what doesn't.

'peer reviewed' and scrutinized by 'really clever people' ?
    Tell me you're not really serious?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Well, I dumbed down my language, do you think that someone just came up with the big bang theory and then no one ever challenged it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

This is the "Funny" side of religion thread. I think you're lost.

sidney-harris-cartoon-a-miracle-occurs-here.gif?w=300&h=364

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    Well, I dumbed down my language, do you think that someone just came up with the big bang theory and then no one ever challenged it?
    Heres an idea, seeing as you're 'dumbing down' why don't you dumb down the big bang theory?It might take a while though seeing as nobody, despite the billions invested, has been able to move it on from being a theory, a theory that can't be explained.

Advertisement