Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klödi's Party Bus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Beasty wrote: »
    I feel this thread is losing direction. Closure may well result if more of this off-topic stuff continues ...

I know you're not serious because there's no bold.

But where were you when people were posting pictures of semi-naked non-cyclists? Huh?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

... in Manchester

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

Well lets ask the man himself. Jan, what do you think of this thread?

n503223010_863835_436.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Danilo is coming dressed to impress...

276805.jpeg

Beasty wrote: »
    ... in Manchester
    I hope you weren't watching [url='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYUa7DpPses"]soccer[/url].

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

http://www.stickybottle.com/races-results/ryan-mullen-wins-u23-chrono-des-nations-international-tt-in-france-by-huge-margin/

Master Mullen - he has the style. Even on one of those funny bikes he has the style.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭buffalo

Who is this sexy beast, and where can I get his number!?
    I'll just leave this here

1394781_10152000930291115_268644182_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

buffalo wrote: »
    where can I get his number!?

The bog door in the cat & cage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I am hearing rumours about mudguards enforcement...

40440502.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Who is this sexy beast, and where can I get his number!?
    Whoever he is it looks like the BBC/Dr.Who special effects team from the 70's had a bit of a go at his jacket before they gave it back to him.

• Advertisement

AstraMonti wrote: »

Some of us don't have windscreen wipers on our glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I saw that abomination of a jacket yesterday, I've been washing my eyes since but theres some things you cant unsee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Some of us don't have windscreen wipers on our glasses.

Or on our eye-balls.

quozl wrote: »
    Or on our eye-balls.

I don't know about you, but I've got eyelids...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

They must have been closed when you pulled that yoke out of the wardrobe!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

The bog door in the cat & cage?

Close, next door in 'Breaks' old jax morelike :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Not since i saw this:

1394781_10152000930291115_268644182_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

40440502.jpg

Sorry (possibly off topic here).
    But anyone heading on a group spin in this weather without a rear guard should cycle solo. It is simply very poor form on your fellow club mates.
    For clubs with groups I would simply put all of the non mudguard crew into the dame group.
    I cycled in this morning and was trying to go slowly to spin out my legs. This bint overtook me and then slowed down so she could simply sit right in front - result - eating her mud spray.
    I had to speed up to get past her just so that I could see ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

ROK ON wrote: »
    eating her mud spray.

:eek: unnecessary vulgarness imho tut tut

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Who is this sexy beasty, and where can I get his number!?
    It's 666

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

ROK ON wrote: »
    Sorry (possibly off topic here).
    But anyone heading on a group spin in this weather without a rear guard should cycle solo. It is simply very poor form on your fellow club mates.
    For clubs with groups I would simply put all of the non mudguard crew into the dame group.
    I cycled in this morning and was trying to go slowly to spin out my legs. This bint overtook me and then slowed down so she could simply sit right in front - result - eating her mud spray.
    I had to speed up to get past her just so that I could see ahead.

I was merely joking, if the club forces me to put mudguards I ll eventually put em up, but what's the difference against a thursday night race in the rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I was merely joking, if the club forces me to put mudguards I ll eventually put em up, but what's the difference against a thursday night race in the rain?

I kinda hear ya, but racing is different. You want the pain and discomfort in racing. For more social group spins you might just want a nice spin in good company.

Raam wrote: »
    I kinda hear ya, but racing is different. You want the pain and discomfort in racing. For more social group spins you might just want a nice spin in good company.
    It's not so much that you want the pain and discomfort, it's that the pain and discomfort is so great that a soggy arse and a face full of animal excrement doesn't really make it any worse. Also, mudguards stays are dangerous in a crash, which is more likely in a wet race.

Whereas group club cycling is not supposed to involve pain, discomfort or crashing.

Lumen wrote: »
    Whereas group club cycling is not supposed to involve pain, discomfort or crashing.
    depends which club it is ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I'll have you know that that jacket was the height of style in its day (early 90's). The *height* of style.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

For anyone wishing to recapture the spirit of those times, the following Ultima jacket with fleece lining (just the thing for the cold mornings) is available from me in a size 8. The badge on the front actually says "Save the World" and who can argue with that.

QQZmWg6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

doozerie wrote: »
    I'll have you know that that jacket was never the height of style in any day (ever).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I'm pretty sure this is the correct thread for this question.
    What sites, or shops do you use for the more avantgard items of clothing and or bicycle accessories?
    Items that are of a more stylish nature rather than strictly fashionable.
    I'm not just talking about expensive, tweed and vintage and certainly not Rapha, but items which have a certain design edge over those traditionally sourced in mainstream shops.

I have been finding cycling shops quite dull lately, economy of the industry is forcing big and small to become more generic or worse bad quality and cheap. 'Statement' items are even predictable, I have been looking for a commuting helmet (don't start! it's my right and after two bad falls in 3 weeks my oh is insisting), all I'm getting is mono coloured skating 'lids' with a manufacturer's name printed in some non descript font or road helmets. That's pretty much it in Ireland. You would imagine with the increase in all types of cycling more imaginative products would be available.

Anyway, rant over, where do the party bus population source their icons of awesomeness.

Any entightenment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

happytramp wrote: »

Ooh they've a great selection of vintage jerseys. How good are they for delivery? Fast? Expensive?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement