Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run the Line, 30th November

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Only messin', I actually really like running on misty damp days like this, particularly around the hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

Is the 25kms route marked?
    not that i'll be leading, but more probably miles behind...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

911sc wrote: »

Marshalled and at junctions unsupervised marked by red and white tape...never done it before but that's on thewebsite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    No, that was just for people who attended the talk.
    I attended all two and half hours of the talk, it was great! No talk of this gear being raffled though.

Anyone spare broken in size 10 trail runners they don't mind giving a loan.....
    Damn weather.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 MartyMcCarthy

911sc wrote: »

The route will be fully marked with Marshalls at critical points to provide additonal direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

I reckon you'd get away with road shoes no bother.

Careful on the trails though. The ground is very, eh, unforgiving, should you trip.

Best of luck to everyone doing the event tomorrow safe passage to you all.
    Anyone know if the Guinness is any use in Lamb Doyles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I'd say the Guinness will taste just fine after a few hours in the hills

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MartyMcCarthy

Hi all,
    If you are registered or are intending to register in the morning (extra fiver) please visit the facebook page www.facebook.com/runtheline4dwmrt for addtional information to the FAQs on the www.runtheline.ie website.

Numbers are very healthy so we appreciate your assistance in getting started on time and everyone back safely.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    If you are registered or are intending to register in the morning (extra fiver) please visit the facebook page www.facebook.com/runtheline4dwmrt for addtional information to the FAQs on the www.runtheline.ie website.

Numbers are very healthy so we appreciate your assistance in getting started on time and everyone back safely.

Thank you.

Marty,
    Do we need to bring anything for registration as in a confirmation email???
    We've already registered or just yourself and good old fashioned honesty?

Hope not as I've never got confirmation ��

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭inigo

I signed up for the 11k with road shoes... There are still some TBCs on the website, e.g. parking area. Any idea where we will park and whether the parking area and start/finish line are close by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

From FB
    Parking guidance: Please car pool if possible. Arrive early to secure parking at Lamb Doyle's. If that car park is full please head for the closed down 'Total Fitness' gym just on the right heading away from the Lamb Doyle's junction towards the M50 flyover. There will be parking along the gym's access road. Worth checking on Google Street View. Sat Nav co-ords for the gym access road are 53.26593, -6.24177. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Paddyman38

just want to ask im doing the long course run tomorrow and am just wondering isnt the start time 11 am

Paddyman38 wrote: »
    just want to ask im doing the long course run tomorrow and am just wondering isnt the start time 11 am

2 start times 10am and 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 20 aonchraic

Hey,

2 quick questions.

I have signed up for the 11 km race tomorrow but have little training done. It would take me roughly 45 min hard pushed to complete 10 km on a flat course. Could anybody hazard a guess at how long it might roughly take for me to complete tomorrow's hilly course of 11.5 km?

Also would I be correct in saying the 11 km is starting at 11:10??

Cheers in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭inigo

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    From FB
    Parking guidance: Please car pool if possible. Arrive early to secure parking at Lamb Doyle's. If that car park is full please head for the closed down 'Total Fitness' gym just on the right heading away from the Lamb Doyle's junction towards the M50 flyover. There will be parking along the gym's access road. Worth checking on Google Street View. Sat Nav co-ords for the gym access road are 53.26593, -6.24177. Thanks

Great! Thanks, nerraw1111. I'm not on Facebook.... :cool: But I can see it now!:D

We have two main start times for both courses. The start time for the long course
    will be 11am and the start time for the short course will be 11:10am.

"We will have an early start time for the long course only which will be at 10am."

Ha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

a word of thanks to the organisors and volunteers.....that was one well organized, painfully beautiful race....I'd rank the full course as hard as a full marathon...

• Advertisement

I second that. The course was very tough, but very varied. I loved the section through the Cruagh Woods. Loads of volunteers, efficient checking in and friendly folks at the checkpoints.
    the only disappointment for me was the amount of gel packets left around the course. Whoever left them there really should be ashamed of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,167 ✭✭✭plodder

Jaysus, that was tough all right. Could hold my own on the uphill bits, but I was left for dust on the descents. Had to walk the last mile or two and must have been passed by at least 20 people. Great race though. The views of the city were spectacular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, it's an awesome course, something for everyone really. Really enjoyed the descents, as always, and we had great weather.

Great turn out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

LOVED IT! I did the short course, and really enjoyed it. The views, the lovely trails, the forest, the exciting hurtling downhill.

And I learned something - if you're going to go straight through the mud, make sure you tie your laces tightly!

Thanks, Mountain Rescue, for a great morning. Sorry I didn't see you after, Plodder, we had to rush - Denise's choir were singing at an Xmas market (also great) - but very glad you enjoyed it. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

First class event. Bloody tough, but strangely enjoyable. I've felt fresher after finishing marathons :p This had toughness in spades and great value which puts other events in sharp relief.

An addition of a poll to the thread would be useful to log ratings.

If anyone else did the short course, i was in a lilac / purple rain jacket & shorts (there weren't that many of us so we probably saw each other!)

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

First of all, a big thank you to all who help at organising such a nice event.

This was my first hill race, and knew it would take me a "while" to get around that course. Bearing in mind the marshalls would not leave their station until after the last competitor had passed by, i set off with the 10am group.

Perfect weather, beautiful scenery, great trails, dry sections, mucky sections, rocks. Such a diversity of terrain made this race very challenging and interesting.

I must say hill runners are a different bunch of animals compared to road runners. A mix between rabbits and goats? :)

Some wise men told me before the race that hill running was tough..well, it's only 25kms, right?
    I regularly run 25kms on the road to go the office in the morning approx 2h20min, but 25kms in the hills I feel more like 35/40km on the road. I agree with Statss, i also think effort wise is close to a road marathon.

IMO, the main difficulty of hill running is that you can't really get into a rythm in the same way you do on the road. Footing changes every meters, you constantly have to watch the ground, one minute you have to put the brake on, an other minutes you are struggling going up an incline.

I did suffer, i was challenged but loved every second of it. And there was a loads of seconds today, around 12000.

Major thanks to the DWMRT lads who took care of me after I buggered up my ankle. Will be back next year to actually cross the line, as oppose to hobble out of a jeep!

Tough event, great event.....speedy recovery john.

• Advertisement

Photos up on their Facebook page!

Advertisement