Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Fig Rolls a relatively healthy biscuit?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

i guess that's the great thing about butter and nutella. they improve everything.

.. just had an idea for nutella steak, will report back later.

Just having nutella and smooth peanut butter together on toast....b-e-a-utiful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Or nutella.
    Made my own Nutella week before last - grind nuts until it becomes nut butter, add in 70% dark choc - boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I could only find per biscuit info! I think people usually decide to have X biscuits with their tea anyway, so its not completely useless info.
    I looked up the weights knowing there would be a significant difference. Others would be similar weights, like digestive vs hob nobs.

Some people do find "puffed up" versions of foodstuffs do curb their eating though. Rich teas might qualify as this to some, not to me though. e.g. like you say people might eat x biscuits or have "a bar", which could be a wispa, aero, malteasters. They are expanded with air so appear more substantial than they are.
    WHIP IT! wrote: »
    How does the humble Jaffa Cake - a staple of my diet - compare in the 'not so bad as far as biscuits go' stakes??
    Jaffa cakes are an example of puffed up biscuits/cakes.
    Transform wrote: »
    Made my own Nutella week before last - grind nuts until it becomes nut butter, add in 70% dark choc - boom!
    Must try something like this. High % chocolate is not likely to be scoffed down as easily too. I melted high % chocolate in with coconut oil, it just melts on the tongue. I tried it with pure cocoa powder and it was a bit too harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Transform wrote: »

Can I come to your house sometime!?

You can make me Nutella and your missus can make me dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Can I come to your house sometime!?

You can make me Nutella and your missus can make me dinner.
    Lmfao!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 kendog77

Fig rolls are the best biscuit on the market so who cares how healthy they are,we are all going to die at some stage anyway so why not enjoy a fig roll or 10?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 OneKerry

They are a great snack on a long cycle. They are the treat at the top of the hill I give myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

nice try fig roll marketers with 1 and 5 posts on a 3 year old thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

figs sell themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ROCCO..C

Lovely biscuit

But if you suffer with sinus trouble I’d give them a miss , especially late at night .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭duvetdayss

ROCCO..C wrote:
    But if you suffer with sinus trouble I’d give them a miss , especially late at night .

Why's that? Moreso than other biscuits?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ROCCO..C

duvetdayss wrote: »
    Why's that? Moreso than other biscuits?

Think it’s the figs

Advertisement