Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lg G2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

CathalK182 wrote: »
    Oh well that just put a major spanner in the works:( is the 16gb covered?

Yeah it is, im pretty certain he said it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

Tinie wrote: »
    Yeah it is, im pretty certain he said it was.

But the 16gb was not sold here either.I presume the retailer is responsible for the warranty first anyway so would amazon cover the shipping costs for repair if you bought from germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

Another quick question - having read through this thread it looks like ordering off Amazon Germany is probably the best option - is it likely that I will have the 4G issue people having been discussing? Or is that mainly from the versions ordered from Asia?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

As I just mentioned in my previous post, according to the Three website, free 4G is active from tomorrow. However, I just tried activating it on my LG G2 using youcancallmeal's instructions and it worked! 4G is working for me. This is what I did:
    1. Go to phone and dial 3845#*802#
    2. You'll get "hidden menu". Select LTE-Only
    3. Select Modem Settings
    4. RAT Selection
    5. LTE only

There are other options at (5), and I suppose I should probably select instead "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto", so you can move to GSM when 4G is not available and WCDMA when roaming in places like the US, etc.

By the way, I'm in Dublin. 4G on Three is only available in a few places...

I live in a house where any signal is good going but I decided to check whether indeed I can the lte option on my phone & following the above I can. I selected the gsm/wcdma/lte auto option but lte only was also successful.
    My phone is a 32gb red g2 from euglobal :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Got this a couple of days ago and threw CloudyG3 onto it today. Loved the phone already but now I love it even more :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Got this a couple of days ago and threw CloudyG3 onto it today. Loved the phone already but now I love it even more :D

I read nothing but good things about the G3 port.

I must get the finger out and install it.

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I read nothing but good things about the G3 port.

I must get the finger out and install it.

Its great. Just having the multitasking button back and being able to turn off the brightness and volume sliders make a huge difference. Haven't gone proper digging yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is this a root job?

Yep. Pretty handy one but the risk is always there of something going wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,713 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What always annoyed me about rooting was that it required a windows laptop, my Google Chromebook is of no use :(

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Few devs have made it much simpler to do now with the G3. 2 apps for your phone and 2 files on your SD card is all you need
    What always annoyed me about rooting was that it required a windows laptop, my Google Chromebook is of no use :(

No you dont. Once you can get the files downloaded then you can do it all on your phone.
    Towelroot
    AutoRec
    Rom and Kitkat Baseband (Not entirely sure if the baseband is needed if youre already on 4.4.2 but just to be safe)

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

Thinking of going for the G2. Is the UK one on sale here on Amazon compatible with Irish networks and is the warranty valid here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Hey looking for some help.

I remember seeing an option on my G2 for launching certain apps or changing certain settings based on triggers like using geographical location, connectiong to a wifi network , or to a bluetooth device.

anyone tell me where this is again?

Hey looking for some help.

I remember seeing an option on my G2 for launching certain apps or changing certain settings based on triggers like using geographical location, connectiong to a wifi network , or to a bluetooth device.

anyone tell me where this is again?

Not sure i ever saw that option on my G2, but Tasker is the app that can do that and more

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

It wasn't either of those apps, I am quite certain I saw it as a pre-existing applciation or setting.

I can give either of those apps a try in the meantime. cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

Just received an app update from LG
    About 100mbs

Just received an app update from LG
    About 100mbs

Thank you for that jonnybegood.

No update for me as of yet (on the original HK/Asian Firmware)

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Thank you for that jonnybegood.

No update for me as of yet (on the original HK/Asian Firmware)

Yes, it's a software update, for the
    Factory apps

• Advertisement

Yes, it's a software update, for the
    Factory apps

Ah right, thought you meant as OS Update.

LG's track record is not the best alright. They are changing and i am hopeful for L though. If not there is always the custom Rom route

Just read this on
    Android Origin:
    The S5, Note 3 and LG G3 have themselves not received the Android 4.4.4 update, despite leading the flagship brigade. So it is well under the realm of possibilities that the South Korean giants end up skipping an Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for all their phones (including the current as well as ex-flagships) and roll out Android L directly upon its eventual release. If that happens, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 and LG G2 would virtually be stuck on their current firmware for at least a year, since it is going to be at least a month before Android L lands on its Nexus brethren, and then another three to four months (nearly six months for the US) before the update becomes available for the flagships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Have had this phone for a few months now, and I love it, but I do find the stock keypad annoying in so far as the space bar is too small.
    I keep hitting the full stop when typing, looks like I'm sending an old style telegram.
    Can someone suggest a keypad that I can use that gives me emoticons also.
    I don't like Swype & not a fan of swiftkey, anybody have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 121212

just broke my G2 screen, anyone have any experience on how easy to replace?

121212 wrote: »
    just broke my G2 screen, anyone have any experience on how easy to replace?

Got mine replaced last week.
    120 youros

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 36 121212

Got mine replaced last week.
    120 youros

120 great, was thinkng of trying myself. You got it done somewhere for that?

• Advertisement

121212 wrote: »
    120 great, was thinkng of trying myself. You got it done somewhere for that?

Yeah, got it done in a shop. Man said it was one of the tougher screens to do because of the lack of bezels, so be careful if you're doing it yourself.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement