Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lg G2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 qwerty88

I'm sorry now but I have no idea what I am doing. I did step one. Hasn't made a difference - is there other steps after step 1?

I know how to get into inputting APN settings but don't know what to input? I'm meteor if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Patww79 wrote: »

Good advice from Pat. That should have been Step 1.

You can Flash the rom using LG PC Suite i think and do not have to root or install a custom recovery.

I know i am not much of a help qwerty as i have not done this myself, but it may point you in the right direction at the very least.

Yes I have only had 3g before... This might be a foolish question but how do I find out if I have a 4g sim? I'm guessing I'm in a 4g area.. In Cork City. I only had 3g on my previous phone?

• Advertisement

It was the APN setting guys.. Got the details off Meteor helpline.. Thanks for all the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LittleMc95

Hi there,

been reading this thread and other for the past few days trying to make up my mind on weather or not to but from eglobalcentral.

Can you guys offer any advise/precautions when dealing with/purchasing from them?

Really want this phone and its 304.99 atm with the discount code!

Thanks!

LittleMc95 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Can you guys offer any advise/precautions when dealing with/purchasing from them?

Thanks!

As a previous poster said, they will charge you to ship it back to them if faulty.

That really is the only drawback. My Red 32gb has been working fine, but i am sure if did develop a fault then they would be hard to deal with, regarding arranging a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CathalK182

Has anyone bought one from expansys.ie? Or has anyone bought anything from expansys.ie? Are they reliable? Sorry for no link I'm a new user so I can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

CathalK182 wrote: »
    Has anyone bought one from expansys.ie? Or has anyone bought anything from expansys.ie? Are they reliable? Sorry for no link I'm a new user so I can't.

Yep I've bought a number of phones off expansys including the lg g2 and never had a problem. I always ordered In the morning so it could ship that day.

Also I've used expansys.co.uk rather than expansys.ie don't know why maybe just to save a few Euros.

thomasj wrote: »
    Yep I've bought a number of phones off expansys including the lg g2 and never had a problem. I always ordered In the morning so it could ship that day.

Also I've used expansys.co.uk rather than expansys.ie don't know why maybe just to save a few Euros.

Thanks for that info. What are the shipping times like and what condition does the package come in?

Can anyone comment on the performance of the spigen slim armor case?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Thanks for that info. What are the shipping times like and what condition does the package come in?

The package came grand no problem. When I ordered it on the Tuesday morning let's say, the order would be processed and the product dispatchednto dhl. The product did all the travelling while I was sleeping and I woke the next morning to find it in Dublin ready to reach me. Got it an hour or two later.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

Quick question about the G2 - is it better than the Google Nexus? Can get one for €370 with 32GB of memory but wondering would I be better off just getting the Nexus 5 for €399 of Google Play? What do you guys think who have the phone? The G3 looks pretty darn impressive but talking about €470 or so for that...

By software, do you mean that the Nexus 5 can run KitKat but the G2 probably never will?

Sounds like the G2 is worth a punt so. From reading the reviews online it sounds like its camera and battery life are significantly better and if Google Now Launcher can make it feel like a Nexus, it seems like a no brainer... so tempted!

I can buy it in a shop for €370ish but it appears that eglobalcentral has it for €309 delivered - are they reputable enough? How long might it take to arrive if I order it from there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Was €300 on groupon last week but not sure if it's still on it. Fantastic phone.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Thanks for the advice guys, don't think I'd take the risk with eglobalcentral - so I looked at Amazon, £280 is €360ish plus potential postage whereas I'm currently in Dubai where I can get it for AED1799 which is €370ish but I get it today. The groupon deal was for the 16GB version - I think I'm gonna go for the 32GB version as there is no expandable memory.

I had the Sony Xperia T (I think, whichever was the bond phone) and liked the Android interface but it was glitchy with the SD card slot and restarting and doing funny things - I never had any problems with my iPhone 4 until I smashed the screen but just can't justify buying an iPhone 5s when there's something like the G2 available for so much less.

Have you guys had any problems with build issues?

Does the phone come with a warranty because I've heard that the warranty doesn't work in Ireland because the phone was not supposed to be sold here? Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

levi wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice guys, don't think I'd take the risk with eglobalcentral - so I looked at Amazon, £280 is €360ish plus potential postage whereas I'm currently in Dubai where I can get it for AED1799 which is €370ish but I get it today. The groupon deal was for the 16GB version - I think I'm gonna go for the 32GB version as there is no expandable memory.

I had the Sony Xperia T (I think, whichever was the bond phone) and liked the Android interface but it was glitchy with the SD card slot and restarting and doing funny things - I never had any problems with my iPhone 4 until I smashed the screen but just can't justify buying an iPhone 5s when there's something like the G2 available for so much less.

Have you guys had any problems with build issues?

The 32gb is €338 sold directly by amazon germany excluding shipping

http://www.amazon.de/LG-Smartphone-Touchscreen-Quad-Core-Megapixel-Schwarz/dp/B00FG0UCC0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406281855&sr=8-1&keywords=lg+g2

Can anyone comment on the performance of the spigen slim armor case?

I think it is a good case. The red looks class, and i believe it is does not have a "slippery" feel like some of the other colors. Not 100% sure about that as i heard it on a Youtube video.

It comes over the front by a 1mm or so, so you can lay the phone face down with no real fear of scratching.

All the mic cut outs are there and i have no problem using headphones or charging.

Hope that helps somewhat Cathal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

fm wrote: »

Warranty is not covered for here or the UK.

I rang LG helpline and they told this exact thing.

Tinie wrote: »
    Warranty is not covered for here or the UK.

I rang LG helpline and they told this exact thing.

Is that just if you buy it from amazon or from anywhere?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is that just if you buy it from amazon or from anywhere?

Anywhere they said, as it was never released in Ireland/UK, only the 16gb model and they would not fix it if it had any issues under warranty. I think he said it would have to be returned to Germany, at your expense, to be fixed, and you would have to pay for shipping of the device back also.

Main reason I didnt order it.

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    Anywhere they said, as it was never released in Ireland/UK, only the 16gb model and they would not fix it if it had any issues under warranty. I think he said it would have to be returned to Germany, at your expense, to be fixed, and you would have to pay for shipping of the device back also.

Main reason I didnt order it.

Oh well that just put a major spanner in the works:( is the 16gb covered?

Advertisement