Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lg G2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DC403l

Nope. I'm going to have to pay it myself. They aren't replying to my emails. I had to launch a dispute through paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DC403l

Just to update, the shower of c**** will not refund my postage costs whatsoever. They clarified this in a email sent to me:

"... customer is required to return the item to us at customer cost, please advise the tracking no to us once you have sent back the item, thanks"

So yeah, that's €60 down the drain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

who did you send it with just nosey like ....

also that stinks by the way but kinda expected that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

DC403l wrote: »

Sorry to hear that DC403l.

Did you use DHL to ship the phone back?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

Just to update, the shower of c**** will not refund my postage costs whatsoever. They clarified this in a email sent to me:

"... customer is required to return the item to us at customer cost, please advise the tracking no to us once you have sent back the item, thanks"

That's bad form

You could try complaining, about them on

Reviewcentre.com

They won't like that.

Search egloble central on the site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Hey folks,
    The camera is still doing my head in so I was wondering if anyone has done this Mod & how can you tell if you have a stock.or sock based Rom....I have no idea about this stuff!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2548974

Having upgraded my phone really only for my better camera needs I'm pretty peeved at how pants the camera is....the reviewers certainly weren't taking pics of kids indoors that's for sure!

I am no expert with cameras, i just leave everything at default. Have you tried other apps like googles camera app?

I have read people talking aboput messing with exposure times in the settings. I don't know anything about that though, so all in all not much help :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xtx881

Well, it's not a nice experience, just a question, Why didn't you ask them to pick up the item? It's free of charge and they will refund you

I used eGlobal before and bought a S4 Mini from them, no problem at all but I read their return policy at that time (just in case it was faulty and I need to return it), so I know that they will have full refund on faulty item and arrange courier to pick up.

Actually it is stated in the return policy page:
    "After we acknowledge and confirm your return request, we will arrange courier to pick up the goods from delivery address of your order"

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

anyone know will this euro version work on 4g with three

http://www.expansys.ie/lg-g2-32gb-black-255412/

System: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    Processor: 2.26 GHz / Quad Core / Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800
    Memory: Internal: 32 GB / RAM: 2 GB
    Display: 5.2" / Full HD IPS / Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels / 423 ppi
    Camera: 13 Mpixels / Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) technology, Multi-point AF, Super Resolution Zoom / Flash: LED / Video: 1080p full HD / Front: 2.1 Mpixels
    Network: 4G: LTE / 3G: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz / GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    microSIM
    Wireless: Bluetooth: 4.0 / Wifi: IEEE 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n / NFC
    Connection: Jack 3.5 mm / micro USB
    GPS: aGPS
    Sensors: Accelerometer, Digital Compass, Gyro sensor, Proximity sensor
    Battery: 3000 mAh
    Weight: 143 g
    Dimensions: 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9 mm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

fm wrote: »
    anyone know will this euro version work on 4g with three

expansysDOTie/lg-g2-32gb-black-255412/

System: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    Processor: 2.26 GHz / Quad Core / Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800
    Memory: Internal: 32 GB / RAM: 2 GB
    Display: 5.2" / Full HD IPS / Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels / 423 ppi
    Camera: 13 Mpixels / Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) technology, Multi-point AF, Super Resolution Zoom / Flash: LED / Video: 1080p full HD / Front: 2.1 Mpixels
    Network: 4G: LTE / 3G: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz / GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    microSIM
    Wireless: Bluetooth: 4.0 / Wifi: IEEE 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n / NFC
    Connection: Jack 3.5 mm / micro USB
    GPS: aGPS
    Sensors: Accelerometer, Digital Compass, Gyro sensor, Proximity sensor
    Battery: 3000 mAh
    Weight: 143 g
    Dimensions: 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9 mm

3 Ireland use 1800 mHz for 4g - enDOTwikipediaDOTorg/wiki/Hutchison_3G#Ireland - which would appear to be okay with the G2 - gsmarenaDOTcom/lg_g2-5543.php

But maybe email the supplier to ask if they can confirm that the model that will ship to you will have 4g frequency of 1800mHz.

(Apols for lack of links, can't post them yet as a "new user")

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Groupon are doing the LG G2 at €299 for another 5 hours if anyone is interested. (16gb model)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

I'm just after been looking at that on group on. are they a good phone ?

was looking at phones on e global thank fcuk i didn't order from them if that's the carry on of the sending out bogie phones !

I'm just after been looking at that on group on. are they a good phone ?

was looking at phones on e global thank fcuk i didn't order from them if that's the carry on of the sending out bogie phones !

Ive orederd two phones from there my last was a G2 and currently on GFlex nothing wrong here cant say that everyone has the great experience but ive nothing to holler about and i will order my next phone from them also

FYI, the latest update to Google Play Music (5.6), seems to have fixed the Music playback errors i have been talking about in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Out of interest, for people who ordered off eglobal, what software version are you on at the moment (found in settings -> Software information)

D80220d-EUR-XX

• Registered Users Posts: 17,718 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone have to get the phone repaired?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Umaro wrote: »
    D80220d-EUR-XX

D80220c-466-92

(I have not installed the European firmware like Umaro presumably has done, and is on the firmware that came with the phone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Just received my phone, what is the best case for me to get in your experience?

Spigen slim armour

• Registered Users Posts: 29 goalposts

D80220d-EUR-XX

I'm on D80220d-208-10 . I've noticed some Vodafone software on my phone, and 4g is disabled too! Is anyone else in the same position after buying from Groupon/Innovations International?

• Advertisement

goalposts wrote: »
    I'm on D80220d-208-10 . I've noticed some Vodafone software on my phone, and 4g is disabled too! Is anyone else in the same position after buying from Groupon/Innovations International?

Hi goalposts

I bought from Groupon/Innovations International as well. Also ran into a bit of difficulty in turning on the 4G. I was able to access the secret menu, but was not able to use the LTE-Only option with my 4G sim from Three Ireland. From reading this thread, it seems like this is a common enough problem.

I think its down to the firmware. I was on D80220d-EUR-XX as previously mentioned, but last night switched to D80220b-SEA-XX and thats fixed it. I can now access LTE-Only. Perfect 4G when I have reception, switches to 3G when not available.

Installing new firmware wasn't something I was pretty comfortable with, but I found a guide that made it pretty straightforward:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

The firmware install files are here: http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda%2FLG+G2%2FStock%2F

I performed a CSE Flash using the LG Flash Tool, and the firmware that worked for me is SEA SINGAPORE D80220B.kdz

This wipes the phone so back-up anything vital.

Hi goalposts

I bought from Groupon/Innovations International as well. Also ran into a bit of difficulty in turning on the 4G. I was able to access the secret menu, but was not able to use the LTE-Only option with my 4G sim from Three Ireland. From reading this thread, it seems like this is a common enough problem.

I think its down to the firmware. I was on D80220d-EUR-XX as previously mentioned, but last night switched to D80220b-SEA-XX and thats fixed it. I can now access LTE-Only. Perfect 4G when I have reception, switches to 3G when not available.

Installing new firmware wasn't something I was pretty comfortable with, but I found a guide that made it pretty straightforward:

I performed a CSE Flash using the LG Flash Tool, and the firmware that worked for me is SEA SINGAPORE D80220B.kdz

This wipes the phone so back-up anything vital.

Thanks Umaro! I've flashed plenty of ROMs in the past to other phones so hopefully this won't be any more difficult. The only issue I have with doing it is that I think it might void my warranty.

Incidentally I emailed Innovations International yesterday about the issue and I'll let you know if I hear anything back. I also pointed out that there's a vodafone specific app on the phone too, so any comment there would be interesting to say the least!

So I got to the bottom of the Vodafone software - the phone firmware is for SFR in France which was owned by Vodafone until recently. I got a reply from Innovations which was honest to be fair to them! Unfortunately it didn't change anything for me though.

They say that the phone is definitely NOT refurbished and was purchased from an official LG wholesaler, and that apparently another Irish customer had a 4G issue which was resolved by LG in London while he was visiting there.

So just to follow up, I got a reply from LG on this issue when I asked if there was anything they could do. Their fix didn't work for me, but maybe it will for others:

I've done a little research into this for you and I can advise you that the only way to obtain the LTE software for this unit from a "non Native" UK model is to:
    Perform a Full Factory Reset on the phone
    Go into the Settings menu and select Software Update
    Accept the Terms and Conditions
    Once this has been accepted the LTE software should be activated and you will be able to receive a 4G signal, If your model is suitable for the UK market.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

goalposts wrote: »
    So just to follow up, I got a reply from LG on this issue when I asked if there was anything they could do. Their fix didn't work for me, but maybe it will for others:

I've done a little research into this for you and I can advise you that the only way to obtain the LTE software for this unit from a "non Native" UK model is to:
    Perform a Full Factory Reset on the phone
    Go into the Settings menu and select Software Update
    Accept the Terms and Conditions
    Once this has been accepted the LTE software should be activated and you will be able to receive a 4G signal, If your model is suitable for the UK market.

this worked for me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSrtUw8D9_w

mine is-- d8022d-eur-xx updated to 4.4.2 and on the three network,i can get 4g now but my phone has not been switched off so i don't know will it reset

Its odd that mine was d8022d-eur-xx as well and also on Three, but I couldn't access 4G via those settings.

Happy I managed to fix it - but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who aren't as tech savvy and can't figure out how to fix it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 qwerty88

Hi guys.. Sorry if the answer is in this thread but I'm getting very confused.. Got a LG G2 and would do everything but connect to data. Tried *#*#4636#*#* and clicking on LTE only... No joy! Got the phone on eBay from the uk.. Could anyone give me a step by step solution? Please!!! Thanks..

qwerty88 wrote: »
    Hi guys.. Sorry if the answer is in this thread but I'm getting very confused.. Got a LG G2 and would do everything but connect to data. Tried *#*#4636#*#* and clicking on LTE only... No joy! Got the phone on eBay from the uk.. Could anyone give me a step by step solution? Please!!! Thanks..

The first two things i would try Qwerty are:

1. Download 4G Switcher from Play and try using the LTE/GSM/WCDMA option ( you should have no issues with H+ )

2. Input manually your carrier's APN settings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I mostly use 3.5g (H+) myself as all i do is stream music, but i think if you install the Open European Rom then you can get it to always have 4G every time you boot. I don't have the link handy where i read that though man

Advertisement