Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chromecast

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

Allyall wrote: »
    Google are crippling this, and that's okay, they own it. But they are blocking plenty of apps that already work, to give themselves more control. Saying that they are open to devs, isn't the full truth. They only will allow certain apps. They are doing the same on Android. By the time it is a good item, plenty of better alternatives will be readily available. There are quite a few already.
    Samsung are doing all they can to get away from Googles grip and move away from Android, as are many other phone makers.
    I don't see this as one of the better options, even at that price.

What apps are they blocking on Android? They remove some apps like adblock from the play store, but don't block any, you can sideload them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

smee again wrote: »
    What apps are they blocking on Android? They remove some apps like adblock from the play store, but don't block any, you can sideload them

I wasn't saying that they are blocking anything, but that they are gradually taking more control of Android, pinning it down with each update.

With Tizen about to arrive on more devices, and Ubuntu phones sitting in wait, It seems weird to start 'locking in' apps. I understand they see the possibilities of being like ios and having their own 'perfect' version of each app. But the speed it is moving at the minute, it makes more sense to move with it. Tizen and Ubuntu will also be very flexible, (Tizen allows developers to code in CSS/HTML5/Javascript) No need for a browser in HTML5 and so on..

As for Chromecast - have a look at what Koush (Koushik Dutta) is doing at the minute.
    This worked with Chromecast (A massive reason for their early sales) and then they blocked it :confused:. Many people will have one of those devices, it seems daft of google to block it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

I got mine in carphone warehouse in ballincollig yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

my tv has one hdmi port so it means I have to unplug it and plug in chromcast to get back to sky. does anyone know if one could get a sort of adptor so I could have two hdmi

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

gubby wrote: »
    my tv has one hdmi port so it means I have to unplug it and plug in chromcast to get back to sky. does anyone know if one could get a sort of adptor so I could have two hdmi

You can get a hdmi switch for under a tenner on Amazon

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement