Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chromecast

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

preddy wrote: »
    I got one a few weeks ago, no problem dragging any MP4 videos into chrome browser to view but AVI's dont work, browser seems them as a file download.

RTE players all seem fine as watched via the chrome browser.

Hi, since you have one you may be able to answer my question. Do you have an android device? When I open the play movies app on my phone it says it's not available in my country, how will I get around this when my chromecast arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Also got a shipped email, thanks to the op for getting this up so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

@nolimits when did you order? got an email confirmation yesterday from Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

I posted this over in Tech but they are still available to be shipped to Ireland from the US via a third party seller, and still have it shipped by Amazon for €50.60 inclusive of estimated import tax. Its not as sweet a deal as €41 but it still beats coming from UK.

I just purchased this morning and received confirmation

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maycondimas

kaahooters wrote: »
    amazon.com now ships chromecasts world wide, so for those looking for one you cna get it from there.

mine came to €41.37

Just got one myself. Good price, but it's gonna take ages to get here. Estimated arrival: Friday, 25 October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Hi, since you have one you may be able to answer my question. Do you have an android device? When I open the play movies app on my phone it says it's not available in my country, how will I get around this when my chromecast arrives?

Ive only used it on my laptop.
    I do have an android tablet but haven't tried it on there, i presume you installed the APP, I cant get the app downloaded for my iphone as its not available in ireland so that could be related.

Ive only used it on my laptop.
    I do have an android tablet but haven't tried it on there, i presume you installed the APP, I cant get the app downloaded for my iphone as its not available in ireland so that could be related.

I have the app on my tablet too but it says the same thing. 'not available in your country'. I'll have to do a bit more digging. Must be a way around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 The Predator

Would it stream hulu plus to tv from a mobile phone that has vpn and works fine on the mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

@nolimits when did you order? got an email confirmation yesterday from Amazon

Ordered about half one yesterday afternoon, got the dispatch email about half eight this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Na tried again no luck will not supply to my address anyone got a spare one coming. Important Message

Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player cannot be shipped to the selected address.

This item cannot be shipped to the address you selected. You may either change the shipping address or remove the item by clicking Delete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I got one a few weeks ago, no problem dragging any MP4 videos into chrome browser to view but AVI's dont work, browser seems them as a file download.

RTE players all seem fine as watched via the chrome browser.

Does that mean it'll play anything you can play in the Chrome PC browser?

Does that mean it'll play anything you can play in the Chrome PC browser?

Yeah but from watching YouTube reviews the playback can be a bit choppy.

I tried VPN coming out of LA and resigned in to AMAZON.COM to no avail.
    Can't beat the system so any one trying they plugged the hole.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I eventually got one from a third party seller (order fulfilled by Amazon) for €52. You have to play around with the third party sellers until you find one that will ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JohnnyRoyal

I eventually got one from a third party seller (order fulfilled by Amazon) for €52. You have to play around with the third party sellers until you find one that will ship to Ireland. ...................

Hey , can someone not just name the third party seller where this works?

Rgds

JR

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

I eventually got one from a third party seller (order fulfilled by Amazon) for €52. You have to play around with the third party sellers until you find one that will ship to Ireland. ...................

Rgds

JR

I got one this morning for €51 including estimated import tax, again fulfilled by amazon and delivered to Ireland.

They seem to have since sold since out but maybe check back later.

www.amazon.com/shops/IDJNSales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Rgds

JR

I think I got mine off Z-Deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JohnnyRoyal

Great will check them out thks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

They're still too dear, I have one coming home from the States on a plane in my Mothers pocket for the $35 they sell for over there

• Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is there still no EU/UK release date?

Christ almightyyyyyyyy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I got one of these but it ain't doing what I needed it to do (my fault for not investigating it more thoroughly). If anybody wants it for €40 PM me, I'm in Dublin 16 and will mail it to you in Ireland if necessary (if buyer pays postage). It works fine.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I got one of these but it ain't doing what I needed it to do (my fault for not investigating it more thoroughly). If anybody wants it for €40 PM me, I'm in Dublin 16 and will mail it to you in Ireland if necessary (if buyer pays postage). It works fine.

I dropped you a line

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I have one I bought for €15 (Mate was in US and bought 5 or 6, got discount). They are good, and the quality is great, but it's very limited. I use Netflix and Hulu. I probably wouldn't have paid more than €30 for it.
    With an android device, and many of the cast apps (BubbleUPnP, UPnP cast, and Yatse) also with Netflix and Hulu, it doesn't work out as good.

Unblock-us is one of the cheap altrnatives out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Just bought one off Ebay, 47 euro so not so bad, will take a week to arrive though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

I got one of these but it ain't doing what I needed it to do (my fault for not investigating it more thoroughly). If anybody wants it for €40 PM me, I'm in Dublin 10 or 2 and will mail it to you in Ireland if necessary (if buyer pays postage).

(thanks for the wording leslie91)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 littlemissfraze

I got one of these but it ain't doing what I needed it to do (my fault for not investigating it more thoroughly). If anybody wants it for €40 PM me, I'm in Dublin 10 or 2 and will mail it to you in Ireland if necessary (if buyer pays postage).

(thanks for the wording leslie91)

PM sent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

PM sent :D

If this joker :pac: falls through I'll take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Anyone know if these work with Sky Go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Anyone know if these work with Sky Go?
    I'd say its unlikely it will ever work with SkyGo as they want to encourage people to purchase multi room if you want to watch Sky on another TV. The whole sky system is locked down to make maximum money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

Just got this
    Hello,

We're writing about #103-2710213-Xxxxx for Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player. We recently learned of an error that allowed this item to be available to ship to international addresses. Unfortunately, this item is not currently intended for use outside of the United States. Outside of the United States, all of the functionality of this item may not be available and the manufacturer's warranty is void. We're sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

You don't need to take any action if you still want to receive the item. If your order hasn’t shipped yet, you can cancel it by going to Your Account and clicking the "Your Orders" button:

http://www.amazon.com/your-account

If your order has shipped and you would like to return the item, you'll find return instructions at the link below. We'll refund you in full, including the return shipping costs.

http://www.amazon.com/returns

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,
    Customer Service Department
    Amazon.com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement