Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NDLS - National Driver Licence Service centres (Qs, waiting times, etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Got a call today asking if I submitted my driving licence with my application. Looks like they have lost that now aswell.

200x200px-ZC-5de92325_1545878-homer_facepalm.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Gota love the gifs. If I had a licence right now I would make a gif out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Applied December 22nd still waiting so four weeks at this stage. Getting worried now as I am living in Canada and applied when I was home at xmas. I need the license to go on a roadtrip ...its just a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Mine finally arrived today (80 days) - call them absolutely every day until you get it. Only way the system works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

I'm waiting since November 22nd and did an exchange. Ringing,and emailing doesn't help and as far,as the agents,know there's nothing else I can do to speed things up..sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Aestivalis

Got a call today while working, said I couldnt talk and they gave me a number to ring back. Something about quality and standards? The lad sounded really unsure.

Should I be worried when I ring them tomorrow?

I'm waiting since November 22nd and did an exchange. Ringing,and emailing doesn't help and as far,as the agents,know there's nothing else I can do to speed things up..sigh

Ask what's their name towards the end followed by 'what is the complaints procedure here?' - sent a shiver up the last lady's spine who I was talking to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Aestivalis

Just gave them a call. No waiting queue to get through to somebody believe it or not. Althought the automated info rants on for at least 3 minutes in english and Irish before you can even select what you want to do :rolleyes:

turns out there was 2 discrepencies with my application.
    Both issues should have been discussed in the actual NDLS centre itself, but they obviously hadnt a clue what they were doing.

Both sorted thankfully.

• Advertisement

I tried pressing 3 because I had correspondence from them but that wouldn't work!

No, tried every button. Including combos. I have developed whole new levels in patience that I never thought possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fabsean24

I submitted my application for group D driving licence to NDLS Galway office on the 21/11/13. Its ten weeks now and no licence from NDLS. I have been calling NDLS office 0761-087880 twice every week for the past six week and they give any reason why my application is being delayed for so long. I have been to their Galway office three times, still no concrete answer from them either. It seems to be no end in sight for my licence, when will I ever get my licence back. RSA have cancelled my CPC practical bus test which I was supposed to take on last monday, I have to be put back to the waiting list which could be ten weeks or more before another schedule.
    What next can I do ?
    What other option or action can I take?

Fill in the RSA complaints form and explain your situation. Put your driver number in there too and see if they can investigate the matter for you. http://www.rsa.ie/Utility/Contact-Us/Complaints-Form/

Thats the only thing I can think of. I also popped a few emails over to Dept of Transport asking for details of a complaints proceedure.

Ill be three months waiting this coming weekend, one of the longest waiting in the entire country I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

The father applied for his on the 2nd of January and got it today. Not too bad I guess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

My license expires in March and I travel abroad a lot for work. (And need to hire cars abroad). Rang the helpline today and aside for the overly long automated message when you ring I got through to someone very quick. He told me to expect a processing time of 6 weeks.

It means I can't apply for a renewal until a few days before my license expires as I'm away before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Waiting over 2 months and was in contact last week to be told that it had been posted or sent for post. But now they tell me its been sent as of last Friday.. Hopefully I'll have it tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

I hope you're all sending letters to all of your TDs about this. By all means CC the RSA, but they won't do anything about it, bar trying to sweep it under the carpet.

I hope you're all complaining to ALL of your TDs about this, ideally by registered post so they can't accidentally by mistake mislay it, or have it filtered by their naughty spam filter. CC the RSA by all means, but they won't do anything bar try to sweep it under the carpet.

A letter takes 5 minutes to write and 5 minutes to post, everyone can afford 10 minutes of their lives to put these incompetent donkeys in their place. Less if someone posts theirs here for others to copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 collie74

I Applied Monday 2nd December 2013, I had send a number of emails requesting a status of my licence of a date but had no rely, by the week starting 6th January I'd still heard nothing. I then emailed the NDLS every day that week, after no reply I emailed Minister Leo Varadkar and the RSA on Monday 13th January. I had received replies from two different people in the ministers office, the RSA and the NDLS the afternoon or the next morning ..... Received my licence in the post a few days later on Thursday the 16th January

Definitely worth dropping ministers, TD's or the RSA a email

• Advertisement

rovoagho wrote: »
    CC the RSA by all means, but they won't do anything bar try to sweep it under the carpet.

I got a reply from the RSA today admitting there are delays but my license has been issued so I should have it shortly. I guess they are looking into things when asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Lumpy??? It'd be like a small hill!! :D

ian_m wrote: »
    I got a reply from the RSA today admitting there are delays but my license has been issued so I should have it shortly. I guess they are looking into things when asked.

Of course they are, but you can bet your sweet bippy they won't admit that the delays have been going on far too long, and don't actually seem to be improving. This was a farcical rollout from day one, they took a system that was working well and completely arsed it up.

They should have started the process gradually when the new licences were initially required by the EU, and not at the last minute, or used the motor tax offices for a year or two to get the project started.

Typical Oirish implementations, in other words. Or "Irish Water", as we'll be calling it from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

After nearly 12 weeks I got an email from the director of RSA confirming my licence has gone out in the post. Seemingly dragging everyone in to this mess that you possibly can does help!

Got mine today. Just short of 3 months wait. If I lose it I'm just going to drive off a pier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

ian_m wrote: »
    Got mine today. Just short of 3 months wait. If I lose it I'm just going to drive off a pier.

What if your stopped by the nnngarrdaii enroute to said pier??

D Trent wrote: »
    What if your stopped by the nnngarrdaii enroute to said pier??

Well if I got away for 3 months without being stopped, whats one more day?! :pac:

I was happy enough with mine. Put in for it on 7/Jan and it arrived on the 27/Jan. Not too bad. Suppose I was probably just lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

RSA grubby hands all over this.

In this day and age what checks do you really think they are doing that takes weeks or months

The licence can be printed instantly. After they visually inspected you are the person in photo. Its entered into computer system. Computer will look up instantly all relevant information.

Then its ready for posting and there is even a question why it can not be handed over to you there and then as posting it to your home address doesn't really validate any more than showing proof of address in office.

Sooner the elections roll around the better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement