Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hall of Fame 2014

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Tinie wrote: »
    To go from such a poignant and strong speech from Jake Roberts, to that terrible hornswoggle sketch was just typical WWE.

:rolleyes: x 1000

I think it was an attempt to lighten the mood.

Why Hornswoggle still has a job is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 60,349 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Why Hornswoggle still has a job is beyond me

This and Kids love him.

20120327_Leprechaun_C.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Tinie wrote: »
    To go from such a poignant and strong speech from Jake Roberts, to that terrible hornswoggle sketch was just typical WWE.

:rolleyes: x 1000

I didn't like the skit but wasn't surprised that they worked something in to lighten things up but if they had known what T was going to do I doubt they'd have booked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Hornswoggle is in the new Muppet movie too which was odd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

What happened to Jake's voice? Consequences of crack-smoking?

• Advertisement

Among other things,nearly 30 years of drink and drug abuse would wreck anyone. I could still listen to him talk all day, hands down my favourite wrestler ever, not from an ability standpoint but the character and the aura he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

He claims it was a knee drop on the throat done arseways crushed his vocal cords. I'd imagine that's only partially true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jerry Lawler hit him in the throat years ago with a wine bottle during their feud, he always had a raspy voice though was part of his image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Mr. T is going to post the rest of his speech:

86BcPg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Hahahaha with all that has gone on over the weekend, with the Streak, Bryan, and now Warriors untimely passing, there are so many talking points that Mr.Ts speech is getting lost in the shuffle. What the foooooook was it all about?? would have loved to hear the backstage reactions to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,349 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Excuse me, there's something eh, in my eye. :o:

D.Q wrote: »
    Hahahaha with all that has gone on over the weekend, with the Streak, Bryan, and now Warriors untimely passing, there are so many talking points that Mr.Ts speech is getting lost in the shuffle. What the foooooook was it all about?? would have loved to hear the backstage reactions to it.

I'd say he was losing his sh1t back there. I didnt even watch it was skipping through the clip thinking it was ending and this is all I heard:

"...I want to thank my mother.."
    "my mother, who gave up"
    "My mother.."
    "We had no shoes"
    "She worked 19 jobs..."
    "mother..."

Advertisement