Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hall of Fame 2014

Options

Comments

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Who inducted razor?

Kevin Nash

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its funny watching Steph/HHH's kid sitting there with arms folded, looking bored....knowing she's the heir to the throne!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Warriors speech is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,349 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ladies and Gentlemen the class of 2014.

20140405_EP_LIGHT_HOF_GROUP.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Haven't watched it all yet.. Lita went way too long - no mention of the Hardy's, skipped after 5 mins.

Jake Roberts with the intro from DDP was probably the best HOF speech I've seen.

Just listened to Pollock/Wai review of Mr. T's speech which was hilarious. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Warrior sounds pretty good too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ladies and Gentlemen the class of 2014.

20140405_EP_LIGHT_HOF_GROUP.jpg

Didnt know HHH was in the HOF :P:P:P

Didnt know HHH was in the HOF :P:P:P

That's not HHH that's T's Mother :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So who from the HoF do you think we'll see the most on tv going forward?

Wonder if Carlito has a chance of coming back, despite the digs. And wonder if the reaction for Barret could let him actually have a match or just loads of segments at WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭briany

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So who from the HoF do you think we'll see the most on tv going forward?

Wonder if Carlito has a chance of coming back, despite the digs. And wonder if the reaction for Barret could let him actually have a match or just loads of segments at WM.

Carlito's one of those guys who had so so much potential to be a top player but he was never allowed to be taken seriously. First off, the laid back Latin music he comes out to strikes fear in the hearts of pretty much no-one, that Puerto Rican accent seems to lend itself to comedic timing almost too well, people still think of him as Sideshow Bob after that classic Jericho jibe and he just never had that thing that propelled him into the main event. If Eddie Guerrero had lived, those two could have worked a program and it would have been awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Barrett needs to turn face imo, get digs in at all the heels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Warrior's Speech:

Starts at 34 minutes

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Was Mr T taking the piss or is he proper insane?

Anyway, best (by far) was Jake. That was one of the best HoF speeches Ive ever seen. Runner up goes to Kane who proved why he is a great mic guy (why didnt Taker do it?)

As a huge Warrior mark as a kid Hellwig started strong but then went into mumbly mode. He looked like he wanted to be cheered into an encore at the end.

Skipped most of Lita and the guy who went on second last, in all my years watching wrestling I never heard of him :confused:

Surely they HAVE to induct Macho Man next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Overall I enjoyed the show and, again, credit must go to WWE who always put together some excellent video packages.

Best speech was definitely Jake Roberts, almost impossible not to well up a little as he talked and when DDP introduced him. I also enjoyed Kane's speech. Carlito's dig at management and Warrior's dig at Devitt were guilty pleasures.

Downsides were that Warrior's speech seemed restrained and rambled at times, Lita went for way too long and Scott Hall didn't get nearly enough time.

Mr.T's speech was comic genius of the unintentional kind, tears streamed from my eyes during this, I think it'd be appropriate to name the celebrity wing of the hall of fame after Mr.T's mother, his speech alone made the whole wing worthwhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Warrior's dig at Devitt

What was that? I fell asleep before Warrior came on.

Carlito's dig at management and Warrior's dig at Devitt were guilty pleasures.

I missed both of those comments. What was said?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I missed both of those comments. What was said?

Carlito mentioned that "my time was cut. It's like I never left"

Warrior was talking about the WWF-WWE name change and said he still couldn't believe Jerry Devitt lost to the wildlife people. Devitt is WWE's main lawyer and Warrior would know him well from his three legal battles with WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I missed warrior live but watching it this morning it had the wwf bleeped out. Was it like that live ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I missed warrior live but watching it this morning it had the wwf bleeped out. Was it like that live ?

There was about a 1 minute delay for curse words some got through some didn't.. WWF did get through alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Carlito mentioned that "my time was cut. It's like I never left"

Warrior was talking about the WWF-WWE name change and said he still couldn't believe Jerry Devitt lost to the wildlife people. Devitt is WWE's main lawyer and Warrior would know him well from his three legal battles with WWE.

The lawyer's name is McDevitt. You had me racking my brains trying to come up with a link between The Ultimate Warrior and Prince Devitt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chagan wrote: »
    Isn't this exclusively on the network? Surely an overrun wouldn't be too much of an issue when you are deciding what is broadcast?

Is Sky showing any highlights show?

Also is it true Lita never mentioned Hardys in her long speech?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Just as "team extreme" afaik.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Pretty much she name checked Team Extreme twice and the Hardys once and only named checked Edge with Christian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Yeah Lita didn't mention the Hardys. Vince and Kevin Dunn were going apesh*t during T's speech, Kane's intervention wasn't planned. They were also worried when Colon started delivering his speech in Spanish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Yeah Lita didn't mention the Hardys. Vince and Kevin Dunn were going apesh*t during T's speech, Kane's intervention wasn't planned. They were also worried when Colon started delivering his speech in Spanish.

she did near the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Watched Warriors speech earlier. It was fantastic. Made a dick of DiBiase too which I enjoyed.

Expected him to look like a much bigger nutcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

MR T was the funniest thing I have ever seen. What in the name of god was going on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Can someone tell me why the crowd booed during litas speech when she had the mask and what were they chanting?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Loved the show, Jake the Snake's speech was nothing short of honest and humbling. DDP's intro was just great. DDP must be inducted next year for the turnaround of 2 legends alone regardless of his wrestling career.

Tinie wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why the crowd booed during litas speech when she had the mask and what were they chanting?

The streaming of the speach was taken off the big screen so those at the back couldn't see anything. The boo's were because of that, they put a live stream back up on the big screen after that.

Not sure what they were chanting.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

To go from such a poignant and strong speech from Jake Roberts, to that terrible hornswoggle sketch was just typical WWE.

:rolleyes: x 1000

Advertisement