Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plasterer mixed autumn leaves in the mix

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,677 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

exercise wrote: »
    Update plaster sent letter, demanding full payment, or he will contact solicitor, he has all ready got'en half of the full payment,

You should be the one contacting a solicitor .

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Selfbuilder14

Update plaster sent letter, demanding full payment, or he will contact solicitor, he has all ready got'en half of the full payment,

I agree you should get a solicitor and say that unless he rectifies this you will withhold payment. it doesn't sound like he has a leg to stand on. get an independent report done by a builder or engineer detailing your issues. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

How is the plaster looking now ?
    You would be aswell to get your own solicitor to reply telling him the situation and his chances are slim of getting anymore money until the job is put right

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

moy83 wrote: »
    How is the plaster looking now ?
    You would be aswell to get your own solicitor to reply telling him the situation and his chances are slim of getting anymore money until the job is put right

Get solicitor. Get engineers report. If report says that it needs redoing, get a quotation to include all recommended works including scaffolding, insurances etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭exercise

ok plaster looks the same as the pictures, it has not deteriorated the surrounding plaster as of yet, but it looks like some spotty face kid, or worse, the blemishes are black/brown, all over the front and side of the house,

as i am not the owner of the house, only spouse, i cannot do anything physical myself, i would do the above comments if i was the owner,
    i think we are going to wait until we here more from the plaster or his solicitor, he has'ent got a leg to stand on i know,

anyway thank you everyone for the help and advice here,

The house can be viewed at: https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.9031936,-6.8825286,170m/data=!3m1!1e3[/URL]

or by looking at this photo, can anyone count the number of leaves on the front of the house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

ok plaster looks the same as the pictures, it has not deteriorated the surrounding plaster as of yet, but it looks like some spotty face kid, or worse, the blemishes are black/brown, all over the front and side of the house,

as i am not the owner of the house, only spouse, i cannot do anything physical myself, i would do the above comments if i was the owner,
    i think we are going to wait until we here more from the plaster or his solicitor, he has'ent got a leg to stand on i know,

The house can be viewed at: https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.9031936,-6.8825286,170m/data=!3m1!1e3[/URL]

Tbh waiting until you get solicitors letter from him is weakening your case imo. It will look like you just didn't want to pay and are turn coming up with excuses.
    You should be one step ahead as a judge would ask what steps had you taken to have this resolved. You have done nothing so it would look like you just didn't fancy paying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭exercise

:eek:

or by looking at this photo, can anyone count the number of leaves on the front of the house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

:eek:

I cant see much of the leaves because I'm on the phone but your quoin stones look to be a bit off sizes/level and something better would want to be done with the flashing on the top right corner where the new meets the old at the gutter . Id say there is water getting in the back of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Contact your solicitor immediately.

Advertisement