Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Never liked him.

Fermanagh b*stard.:P

Less of that now... some of us... ahem... are of Erneside stock. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

Well ye're not replacing orourke-remains-monaghan-manager
    That's s pity MO'R a top operator has won trophies with every team he managed
    If Rory stays needs Donegal men as selectors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭harpsman

Colm Anthony has announced his retirement anyway. Fine servant.
    2012 FOTY imo, as good as Lacey was Colms metronomic scoring was key to that all ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

His book would be some value.

I really hope he does that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭harpsman

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Looks like Eamon McGee has announced his retirement in his own quirky way.

What a roller coaster, his is by far the most interesting story out of all current players.

After a bad start, he had a fine year. A bit unfortunate not to win an All Star in a different year perhaps.

Fare thee well stargazer.
    Was on the Saturday panel with OTB a few months ago. Told the story about the Clare league game. Hilarious.No wonder poor Brian McIver was driven demented by them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

harpsman wrote:
    Was on the Saturday panel with OTB a few months ago. Told the story about the Clare league game. Hilarious.No wonder poor Brian McIver was driven demented by them.

Aye. The fact he told that story indicated to be he was on the way out. Good luck to him, he had a fine career even with the messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Gael85

Never liked him.

Fermanagh b*stard.:P

will Maxi be the next gaffer? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Gael85 wrote: »
    will Maxi be the next gaffer? :D

It's gaffer tape he needs. Tie him to one of the advertising hoardings.

It's gaffer tape he needs. Tie him to one of the advertising hoardings.

Put a electric fence along the sideline :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Shouldnt be all gloom and doom.

Pity McFadden is gone. I felt he suffered a lot with the brand of football he had to put up with. Great man to take a score.

I dont like the stuff being said about the manager, (not that Im a fan of his) but some of the stuff being said about him is not right.

I think Donegal should have 2 all-Irelands but tactics against Dublin in that horrible semi-final of 2011 Id say still haunt them. Best 2 forwards in the country 70-80 yards from Dublin goal. Crazy.

On the current team I think Frank McGlynn could be a great leader going towards next season but he and a few other need a good rest especially Murphy and Lacy. I think Donegal can be much better playing a more orthodox game and persisting with Murphy at full forward. He is so hard to mark and even if double tagged. A few might lack stature (McHughs) but there are some very talented football players in the squad who if given a little more scope could be real contenders next season.

• Advertisement

LeoB wrote: »
    Shouldnt be all gloom and doom.

Pity McFadden is gone. I felt he suffered a lot with the brand of football he had to put up with. Great man to take a score.

I dont like the stuff being said about the manager, (not that Im a fan of his) but some of the stuff being said about him is not right.

I think Donegal should have 2 all-Irelands but tactics against Dublin in that horrible semi-final of 2011 Id say still haunt them. Best 2 forwards in the country 70-80 yards from Dublin goal. Crazy.

On the current team I think Frank McGlynn could be a great leader going towards next season but he and a few other need a good rest especially Murphy and Lacy. I think Donegal can be much better playing a more orthodox game and persisting with Murphy at full forward. He is so hard to mark and even if double tagged. A few might lack stature (McHughs) but there are some very talented football players in the squad who if given a little more scope could be real contenders next season.

What happened to Jigger O'Connor? Has he played since 2014 All Ireland final? Could be worth trying Neil McGee centre back, Gillespie FB and Lacey in the corner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭doc_17

Gael85 wrote: »
    What happened to Jigger O'Connor? Has he played since 2014 All Ireland final? Could be worth trying Neil McGee centre back, Gillespie FB and Lacey in the corner

Injury trouble. Cruciate but he is back playing with his club so we might see a bit more of him next year

Gael85 wrote:
    will Maxi be the next gaffer?

I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I'm out.

#Redsoxfanout

Maxi won't get it, he didn't even win a championship when he was with St Eunan's if I recall correctly!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

doc_17 wrote: »
    Maxi won't get it, he didn't even win a championship when he was with St Eunan's if I recall correctly!

He did in 2014. Not that I'd want him anywhere near the Donegal job.

fullstop wrote:
    #Redsoxfanout

Get it trending

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Kavanagh gone again according to the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I thought he went on Monday or Tuesday. I heard a list of definites and he was on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Not that one

For 2017 i'd like to see the pressure of captaincy taken off Michael Murphy, and not see him tog out until March.
    A complete break from the game and training towards May/June instead of slogging through the winter and expected to carry team through National League.
    I'd make Neil Mc Gee captain, leadership qualities on the field are obvious and takes pressure of Murphy.
    I'd touted Neil at Centre half back last year too, but didnt get much support on here, on the basis that he was too big a loss at full back.
    Allow Neil Gallagher until March to come good again also.
    Not a fan of the manager bashing going on here either, but just accept that its life on GAA (all sport) forums.

• Advertisement

Which papers? Donegal Sport Hub will probably have it first if/when he decides to call it a day.

No t sure Neil would make a great captain! He mightn't be the best communicator

Some pieces I think are worth a read.

First, Dev sure took that defeat badly. I am way more disappointed in the Ulster Final display/loss myself, but he makes some good points.

I think this is decent by Manus Boyle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,923 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Some pieces I think are worth a read.

First, Dev sure took that defeat badly. I am way more disappointed in the Ulster Final display/loss myself, but he makes some good points.

I think this is decent by Manus Boyle too.

I wouldn`t be a great fan of a lot of Deveeney`s ramblings, but in this instance I would agree with him.

Good piece by Manus as well, but I don`t think it was just this year there was no plan B.
    There was none last year either. The Derry and Monaghan games being prime examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Well done to Brendan Devenny and Manus for their reasonable contributions. Better late than never.

charlie14 wrote:
    I wouldn`t be a great fan of a lot of Deveeney`s ramblings, but in this instance I would agree with him.

Not a fan of his radio analysis but anything he has done for DSH has been decent IMHO.

Won't make it to the Minors. Hope they can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Looking forward to watching this game, particularly after the disappointment of a couple of weeks ago. Fingers crossed for another big performance. An All Ireland final is a great achievement no matter what the grade is

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Looking forward to watching this game, particularly after the disappointment of a couple of weeks ago. Fingers crossed for another big performance. An All Ireland final is a great achievement no matter what the grade is

Well said. Will be a great achievement to make it. I fear whoever wins is getting a trimming from Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

We really need to make the breakthrough at minor.

Advertisement