Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eVision (IPTV service from Eircom) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

so evision is actually 18euro per month for existing eircom customers for mostly fta channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

so evision is actually 18euro per month for existing eircom customers for mostly fta channels?

Depends when you signed on. It's gone up since I signed on.

On the skysports thing, I rang. They apologised, they made a balls of it. It is rectified now and my next bill will be credited.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭zg3409

The TV service is €15 per month, but you need eFibre to get it. There are also extras like HD, multiroom etc, and discounts at the start etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

my bill says the folllowing

6 months free Tv promotion @€;10 per month inc. vat

However since the 1st of August the Tv basic package has gone up to €15 a month. which is not worth it for essentially non hd FTA channels.

really had no interested in the TV but wa offerred it free for 6 months and i did clarify with the rep that after the six months i could get rid of. Need to place a call.

Rang eircom at lunchtime

If you are on the 6months evision trial after the six months you can either keep evision or cancel. So long as the cancellation is before the trial finishes.

If you opt to remove, a new 18month contract does not kick in.

• Advertisement

Found the list of eircom promotions

http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/internet_special_offer.pdf

promotion 18 on page 15 shows that the free Setanta sports pack has been extended to the end of December was to the end of this month.

will get it when the european ruggy kicks off on oct, thats should cover the first four rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

kooga wrote: »
    Rang eircom at lunchtime

If you are on the 6months evision trial after the six months you can either keep evision or cancel. So long as the cancellation is before the trial finishes.

If you opt to remove, a new 18month contract does not kick in.

That's what I was told but obviously it's just bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

is there a way to watch eVision box in a diff room to my modem?

alredy have sky to modem and eVsiosn was free with bundle

savic04 wrote: »
    is there a way to watch eVision box in a diff room to my modem?

alredy have sky to modem and eVsiosn was free with bundle

The installer will use home plugs if he can't connect directly to the modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭meep

Your efibre modem and Evision box are two seperate devices. They don't need to be in the same room but do need to be connected to the same wired network.

For example, my modem is I'm my attic, my Evision box in my living room. Both are connected through a switch using cat5.

If I wanted to move the Evision box to another room, I could, as long as there was a network point there.

Or eircom do a cost effective multroom Box, if that's what you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

jca wrote: »
    The installer will use home plugs if he can't connect directly to the modem.

didnt use homeplugs for me, i got him to run ethernet through a room....was really handy...

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Dont want to be running cables through walls

I didnt wnat eVision, but they said it was same price so I said be handy for kitchen, but now i find out needs to be run
    via modem, which is in diff room.

cost me 60/70 for home plugs id imagine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I didnt wnat eVision, but they said it was same price so I said be handy for kitchen, but now i find out needs to be run

I use these ones €32 in pc world, very happy with them, that I bought more to extend my wired network to a wifi dead spot in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

They will provide the homeplugs free of charge.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

The home plugs are provided by Eircom, they have to be returned with the equipment if you cancel the service. They actually have Eircom branding on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

The home plugs are provided by Eircom, they have to be returned with the equipment if you cancel the service. They actually have Eircom branding on them.

That sounds interesting!

Any chance you (or anyone with eVision) could take a pic of the set up?

Like the HomePlugs and the box itself maybe?

Very hard to find pics online of it actually in action.

That sounds interesting!

Any chance you (or anyone with eVision) could take a pic of the set up?

Like the HomePlugs and the box itself maybe?

Very hard to find pics online of it actually in action.

I don't have it anymore unfortunately I should have taken a few pics of it in action. It is a great service certainly far superior to the dreadful UPC on offer in town here. The installer warned me that there might be recording issues because it was connected via the home plugs but every recording I scheduled worked perfectly.

I don't have it anymore unfortunately I should have taken a few pics of it in action. It is a great service certainly far superior to the dreadful UPC on offer in town here. The installer warned me that there might be recording issues because it was connected via the home plugs but every recording I scheduled worked perfectly.

Aww that's a shame!

Seems to be hit and miss with people, some saying it's great and other's not so much.

pics here

kooga wrote: »
    pics here

Thank you!

Very interesting design on that box, shame they didn't take a leaf from Sky's book!

I'd imagine it to be a fingerprint magnet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Anyones Evision down this evening? Only got it installed yesterday and it was working fine. Then this evening when I turned it on I cant view live tv. I can view the program guide but no live tv comes on, just a black screen. Think I may have to cancel during my cooling of period and go for Saorview and Freesat instead if this continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

RTT wrote: »
    Anyones Evision down this evening? Only got it installed yesterday and it was working fine. Then this evening when I turned it on I cant view live tv. I can view the program guide but no live tv comes on, just a black screen. Think I may have to cancel during my cooling of period and go for Saorview and Freesat instead if this continues.

Working perfectly for me this evening. You may just need to reset box it happened me before

castle2012 wrote: »
    Working perfectly for me this evening. You may just need to reset box it happened me before

Reset the box as in plug it out and in again? I've done that 4 times so far and no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

You can put it into deep sleep but I can't remember how :( it can sort out issues.
    Sure give tech support a ring in the morning. There can be teething problems but once up and running its fine, for most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Do you get an error message or anything other than just a completely black screen?

Kensington wrote: »
    Do you get an error message or anything other than just a completely black screen?

No error message. Although it does show what program should be playing in the bottom left hand corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hold the on/off switch down for 10 seconds.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Found the problem. Got a static IP address applied yesterday. Apparently you can't have both evision and a static IP address so will be canceling today. Rang tech support and he turned off the static ip and it worked. When applied again, the picture was lost.

Found the problem. Got a static IP address applied yesterday. Apparently you can't have both evision and a static IP address so will be canceling today. Rang tech support and he turned off the static ip and it worked. When applied again, the picture was lost.

r u on a free offer with it? if so maybe hang on.

If not as you said cancel and get saorview and freesat as €15 a month basic price for mostly fta channels is not worth it. me i am on a six month trial and i won't be keeping it as i have a FTA set up which is sufficiently adequate.

• Advertisement

I signed up for efibre, phone broadband and tv for €24 per month for 6 months (€48 without tv) and €63 per month after that. Its an 18 month contract.

Advertisement