Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eVision (IPTV service from Eircom) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Found this, looks nice ...

http://www.glimmer.ie/eircom-evision/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

redser7 wrote: »
    Found this, looks nice ...

http://www.glimmer.ie/eircom-evision/

7.99 to rent a movie though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

7.99 to rent a movie though :eek:

I hope thats just a mock-up model as 7.99 is mad money.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I would hope it is only a mock up price there are plenty of other services out there that undercut that price, it will be dead in the water if they don't at least match existing market conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

21,000 evision subscribers. I bet 90% of them are on either 6 months or 12 months free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

yep i'm on the 6month free offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

21,000 evision subscribers. I bet 90% of them are on either 6 months or 12 months free.

Probably more like 100% since that was the introductory offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Furp wrote: »
    I would hope it is only a mock up price there are plenty of other services out there that undercut that price, it will be dead in the water if they don't at least match existing market conditions.

Just a question
    What other services are out there and what prices do people pay for them at the moment?

(Just ones available in Ireland and no VPN magic stuff)

I use the iTunes Store €4.99 for a HD rental of new releases, the google play store has similar prices €4.99 for HD and €3.99 for SD. There is also the xbox movie store, I'm sure there are others too that work here without vpns etc. these are the just the ones I have used iTunes being the one I would use most often as I have an Apple TV.

Before I got rid of sky I also used there on demand movie service, so I hoping that we will see more in demand tv shows on iptv.

UPC is:
    €1.99 (€2.49 HD) for "library" movies
    €4.99 (€5.99 HD) for latest release movies

Sky is (IIRC):
    €1.49 (€1.99 HD) for "library" movies
    €5.99 (€6.49 HD) for latest release movies

• Advertisement

Those are reasonable prices although, IMHO they should at least match physical rentals.

Just had a look on iTunes and library movies are 2.99 SD and 3.99 HD. So that's what eircome

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Eircom launching On Demand will surely be a detriment to their broadband speed?

I wonder will it be proper On Demand type stuff like almost negating the need to record or will it only be "select" things avialble.

Sky seem to have the most content due to the fact they own so many movie companies/studios. :pac:

Good news for the consumer either way.

Found this ...

http://ondemand.eircom.ie/Help/

You can browse movies. 12 years a slave is only 3.99. I didn't go through the transaction so don't know if this is just a mockup?? Checked on my eVision Menu and there is no On demand tab. Does anyone have it? Looks like it will be here soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

On Demand is yellow button, tells us its coming soon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Eircoms OnDemand service looks very very good and more services are always a good thing for the consumer!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There using the Film Flex service, which is a UK Firm afaik. They had been in talks, I believe, with Netflix but I guess nothing came of it.

Interesting just signed up on the site good selection and prices but it's not active on my box yet.

No indication of whether we get HD options too, or is it SD only?

Also Netflix would have been nice, tie/buy your Netflix sub via eVision.
    Virgin Media offer this option with the TiVO package.

And I hope they have catch-up soon too...

any chance we can keep this on topic eircom evision!

series recording of the walking dead didn't pick up the repeats last week. so that episode missed.

ondemand is or will soon be part of evision. My box also stopped recording the new series of mythbusters and missed the new episodes, then when i reset it it recorded lots of old ones.

• Advertisement

kooga wrote: »
    any chance we can keep this on topic eircom evision!

series recording of the walking dead didn't pick up the repeats last week. so that episode missed.

The new on demand functionality is a part of eVision.

Getting an annoying error message on both eVision boxes back home today:
    "It is not possible to connect to eVision.
    Your set top box must be connected to the broadband connection for which it is registered."

Yet the TV plays away in the background as normal?

Best they can do is an engineers appointment in a weeks time, what in the feck use is that!

Hope it doesn't mess up all the recordings I had set - abroad with work this week so can't even check!

just got my bill from eircom and after decoding it...........why so complicated?

the so called free sky sports for a month on evision....turned out not to be free and i had to ring up and argue my case. Luckily i had the date, time and the name of the rep i spoke to when i took up the FREE offer! Got the €30 credited to my account

just got my bill from eircom and after decoding it...........why so complicated?

the so called free sky sports for a month on evision....turned out not to be free and i had to ring up and argue my case. Luckily i had the date, time and the name of the rep i spoke to when i took up the FREE offer! Got the €30 credited to my account

Unreal. I kept my text message from them. I did get a letter thanking me for changing bundles. Hope that was an automated thing and there are no arguments about returning it. I never intended keeping it on. Have until next week to cancel according to what I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Del007

Cheers for the heads up, will def have to keep an eye out for it. They're some chancers when it comes to billing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

redser7 wrote: »
    Unreal. I kept my text message from them. I did get a letter thanking me for changing bundles. Hope that was an automated thing and there are no arguments about returning it. I never intended keeping it on. Have until next week to cancel according to what I was told.

I went to Eircom last December with the usual 18 months contract. I got a free trial of eVision in June which I later cancelled in July as it wasn't being used. I noticed on the "my Eircom" last night that they entered me into a new contract from June:mad:

jca wrote: »
    I went to Eircom last December with the usual 18 months contract. I got a free trial of eVision in June which I later cancelled in July as it wasn't being used. I noticed on the "my Eircom" last night that they entered me into a new contract from June:mad:

nice one.......i signed up in July for efibre and phone 18 month contract, was given the evision free for six months, no intention of keeping it after january......so from what you are saying a new 18 month contract could kick in january!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

nice one.......i signed up in July for efibre and phone 18 month contract, was given the evision free for six months, no intention of keeping it after january......so from what you are saying a new 18 month contract could kick in january!

that's what happened to me even though I specifically asked the rep was this entering me into a new contract, of course I was told it wasn't, a blatant lie as usual. I'll contact them via their web chat later and see what can be done.

that's what happened to me even though I specifically asked the rep was this entering me into a new contract, of course I was told it wasn't, a blatant lie as usual. I'll contact them via their web chat later and see what can be done.

On that one though, I was under the impression that I definitely WAS engtering an 18 month contract, with the first 6 months free. Which was ok by me. I didn;t see it as a trial. So I think you need to ring them.

The skysports thing was definitely a trial scenario. As it happens I just got my bill. They've charged me for skysports :) Need to get on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭zg3409

From: https://www.eircom.net/tv/ small print at the very bottom
    eVision is only available to eircom's residential customers who have signed up to eFibre and is subject to a minimum contract of 18 months . eFibre / eVision are subject to availability. Bundle prices for eFibre, eVision and eTalk start from €24 per month for the first 6 months, €63 thereafter for new customers. *Existing customers can add eVision to their eFibre bundle from €15 per month for eVision Essential with a €15 discount for 12 months (total €180 discount) on their bundle price. Existing customers who add eVision to their bundle will pay an additional €3 per month plus the cost of eVision Essential on their current bundle price. For example, an existing customer with eFibre Advanced Unlimited and eTalk Off Peak currently pays €50 per month for this bundle. When eVision Essential is added to the bundle, this customer will pay €53 a month for the first 12 months and then €68 a month thereafter

So from my reading of that the TV service is an 18 month contract, but free for first 6 months for some people, but hey I can't find the old first 6 months free TV wording anyway. Buyer beware.

Advertisement