Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

I emailed them there and told them 3 of us sat around and had all the same answers. The other 2 got emails and I didnt. Will see what they say....

You do realize that by telling them that in an email you will be disqualified from the competition for cheating, as you were meant to sit the test alone, you just hung the other 2 people who got through to stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

A.G.S wrote: »
    You do realize that by telling them that in an email you will be disqualified from the competition for cheating, as you were meant to sit the test alone, you just hung the other 2 people who got through to stage 2.

Good point....but still raises the question as to why he didn't hear anything back and the other two did.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Good point....but still raises the question as to why he didn't hear anything back and the other two did.

True, guess he will have to be the guinea pig as to why that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Redders34

Good evening all can any one help can I log into test do the first part and complete the second later on or is it once you start you have to finish thank you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭big.left90

Redders34 wrote: »
    Good evening all can any one help can I log into test do the first part and complete the second later on or is it once you start you have to finish thank you in advance

You can do the calcultaions test seperatley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 TTL2015

Maybe because it said a random selection will have to repeat the tests under supervision that anyone who got an email are straight through to round 2 and others waiting for an email have to sit supervised exam. Either that or between your answers and your cv you just didn't cut it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

TTL2015 wrote: »
    Maybe because it said a random selection will have to repeat the tests under supervision that anyone who got an email are straight through to round 2 and others waiting for an email have to sit supervised exam. Either that or between your answers and your cv you just didn't cut it.

Fairly ****e if lads with 8 years exp get left out due to randomization

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

Yeah I wouldn't hang anyone out as how would they know. And I wasn't hoping for the job to change my life or anything lol

I got the generic reply to the first round saying I didn't get a high enough score. Etc etc.

They never replied to my query that If I had the same answers as the other 2 why they got through and I didnt.

They sat with me through the test for the fire brigade related questions as I am in the job. And they aren't :) smells fishy to me. :)

Wonder is it due that daa is semi state and I would be on higher wages if I started with them as I transferred from a local authority lol.

I hope you all get on well in the next stage. The maths questions are hard.

And yet again I helped out my mates last nite. If they get through they owe me :)

Yeah I wouldn't hang anyone out as how would they know. And I wasn't hoping for the job to change my life or anything lol

I got the generic reply to the first round saying I didn't get a high enough score. Etc etc.

They never replied to my query that If I had the same answers as the other 2 why they got through and I didnt.

They sat with me through the test for the fire brigade related questions as I am in the job. And they aren't :) smells fishy to me. :)

Wonder is it due that daa is semi state and I would be on higher wages if I started with them as I transferred from a local authority lol.

I hope you all get on well in the next stage. The maths questions are hard.

And yet again I helped out my mates last nite. If they get through they owe me :)

So there was non successful emails sent? sorry to hear ya didnt pass

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

Did you hear anything back ??

from what I've heard from other ppl that have applied and from what I've read here it seems there has been an issue with some ppls applications and are still in the process of stage one still.... Maybe some ppl have been delayed advancing to stage two in order to facilitate these ppl.
    Dont quote me on this though...pure speculation at this stage .

No I got an email back saying I didn't get a good score. 😂 hahaha

• Advertisement

No I got an email back saying I didn't get a good score. 😂 hahaha

Sorry for laughing but its typical aint it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23 smokie32

Guys, a friend of mine got an email earlier to say they were unsuccessful, so i reckon those that don't know, should know by now. good luck to everyone doing the second stage.

So just did the two apptitude tests, the verbal reasoning was ok, but the calculations test was extremely difficult even with the use of a calculator, I'm fairly confident I won't be progressing further, unless a miracle happens. You don't have much time at all to answer the questions, you'd want to be fairly sharp for it either that or I'm a muppet haha anyway best of luck to all :)

In addition and for what it's worth I don't think the calculations test was approrpriate, I know it's easy for me to say seeing as I did so crap but they should have done a more traditional numerical test that you'd see for the DFB or UK services because you'd want to be a human calculator :) but I'm sure there's plenty of people that will do well regardless. Spoke to a few people who did it already and they echoed the same sentiments as myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

Got the dreeded email today....I kinda feel hard done by to be honest, to be eliminated on the basis of a talent survey. At the very least an opportunity to do the aptitude test and then start eliminating Could of given a better system. so many potentially excellent candidates rulled out on the basis of a multiple choice questioner.By the sounds of stage 2 there will b a lot more disappointed ppl this time next week. anyway best of luck to who evers left. for those of you who prefer the smell of Guinness to jet fuel, they have announced there also looking for fire fighters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

big.left90 wrote: »
    So just did the two apptitude tests, the verbal reasoning was ok, but the calculations test was extremely difficult even with the use of a calculator, I'm fairly confident I won't be progressing further, unless a miracle happens. You don't have much time at all to answer the questions, you'd want to be fairly sharp for it either that or I'm a muppet haha anyway best of luck to all :)

By the sounds of things most people are finding the calculations difficult so alls not lost yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Redders34

Best of luck to everyone found that maths very difficult sickening dad was a Saturn officer all his life I know every bit of fire fighting equipment and struggle on maths best of luck to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bro81

Got the dreeded email today....I kinda feel hard done by to be honest, to be eliminated on the basis of a talent survey. At the very least an opportunity to do the aptitude test and then start eliminating Could of given a better system. so many potentially excellent candidates rulled out on the basis of a multiple choice questioner.By the sounds of stage 2 there will b a lot more disappointed ppl this time next week. anyway best of luck to who evers left. for those of you who prefer the smell of Guinness to jet fuel, they have announced there also looking for fire fighters.

How's things could you post a link to the Guinness recruitment for firefighters? The only link I can find is for a first response officer. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 gt4-wrc

Bro81 wrote: »
    How's things could you post a link to the Guinness recruitment for firefighters? The only link I can find is for a first response officer. Thanks

thats the one everyone is talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

Could somebody post a link to the Guinness recruitment for firefighters, I can't seem to find it. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Banana peel

Could somebody post a link to the Guinness recruitment for firefighters, I can't seem to find it. Thanks

ie.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=a4b64dcb36944a65

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

If you wear glasses, does that mean you have no hope? Even though I know lads that work in the daa fireservice that wear glasses.

Double standards no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

No, as people get older they may need glasses
    A person may not need glasses starting a job, but as life goes on they may require them for various tasks.

Good luck to everybody going for the job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

FRIENDO wrote: »
    No, as people get older they may need glasses
    A person may not need glasses starting a job, but as life goes on they may require them for various tasks.

Good luck to everybody going for the job

So wearing glasses entering the position is a big no no then?

cruais wrote: »

Not necessarily but you do need excellent eyesight. Generally all brigades require 20/20.

Well not all but most do. I guess it depends how bad your eyesight is .

Tintin8 wrote: »
    By the sounds of things most people are finding the calculations difficult so alls not lost yet

Hopefully not, 17 seconds looking at some of those questions wasn't enough plus the other ten on the answer page, I was just about to attempt an answer then bang new question. Don't get me wrong I got a few right I reckon. Still though I've never encountered a test like that before and it was a right head wrecker, like you said though a lot of people have faced the same situation with not having enough time to answer etc so hopefully Ive done less crap than others :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

cruais wrote: »

I don't know what medical you will do, however going by the Airport Fire Officer Association, RFFS Medical & Fitness policy Guidance Document, assessment at recruitment

Vision-visual acuity-Operation
    At least 6/9 at 6m in each eye tested separately and N5 at 30-50cm binocular with (permitted) correction if necessary.
    At least 6/60 at 6m and N48 30-50cm binocular without the use of correction.

Vision-visual acuity-RVR
    At lease 6/9 at 6m in each eye tested separately and N5 at 30-50cm binocular with (permitted) correction if necessary.

Vision-visual fields
    Normal to confrontation.

Vision- colour
    Normal Ishihara (24 plate version, first 15 read normal)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

big.left90 wrote: »
    Hopefully not, 17 seconds looking at some of those questions wasn't enough plus the other ten on the answer page, I was just about to attempt an answer then bang new question. Don't get me wrong I got a few right I reckon. Still though I've never encountered a test like that before and it was a right head wrecker, like you said though a lot of people have faced the same situation with not having enough time to answer etc so hopefully Ive done less crap than others :)

That was as hard a test as I've done.

Think I got a good few right, but there were demo a few howlers in there, where I'd moved the wrong numbers around.

I was actually shaking by the end of it! traumatised!

That was as hard a test as I've done.

Think I got a good few right, but there were demo a few howlers in there, where I'd moved the wrong numbers around.

I was actually shaking by the end of it! traumatised!

I'm not looking forward to it.

How many calculation questions did you have to do?

• Advertisement

FRIENDO wrote: »
    I don't know what medical you will do, however going by the Airport Fire Officer Association, RFFS Medical & Fitness policy Guidance Document, assessment at recruitment

Vision-visual acuity-Operation
    At least 6/9 at 6m in each eye tested separately and N5 at 30-50cm binocular with (permitted) correction if necessary.
    At least 6/60 at 6m and N48 30-50cm binocular without the use of correction.

Vision-visual acuity-RVR
    At lease 6/9 at 6m in each eye tested separately and N5 at 30-50cm binocular with (permitted) correction if necessary.

Vision-visual fields
    Normal to confrontation.

Vision- colour
    Normal Ishihara (24 plate version, first 15 read normal)

I have glasses with 20 years but have no idea if that means that you would have a chance or not haha

Advertisement